• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

light weight 5th wheel

tiggereyore

The laughter of a child is the light of a house
We are looking to upgrade (next yr) to a 5th wheel. This fall we are buying a f150 that has an 8300 gvwr.
Do to the fact that this will be a truck that will do a majority of around town driving with towing 4-5 times a summer. As the boys get older and I get more help at work. We plan on going more and maybe even doing 2 week or month rentals in an area close enough to commute to work.

Any opinions on brands likes/dislikes and such.
Thank you

if you plan to get a fifth wheel you should consider getting a larger truck, the f250 or gm 2500, while the f150 probably would do the job if you get a lite fiver, you would greatly appreciate the power the f250 gives you in the long run.

Jayco is a respected brand, as well as Sunny Brook

My DH is a Service Manager at a dealership, where they work primarily on trucks. I asked him this question for you, and here's the answer he gave me:

"Go with a DR2500 4x4 quad cab with either the hemi or diesel perferred. Whatever they buy, it shouldn’t be a short box because it will cause the truck to sway due to the length when windy and will not distribute the weight properly"

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter