Life Stinks! Season Three! Finalized 11/11

Our final dinner on the Magic. At least this one didn’t take as long as the other night. During dinner, one of our tablemates asked “Did anyone see the shuttle go up?” THAT’S WHAT THAT BRIGHT LIGHT WAS!?!?! AWESOME! I just couldn’t believe that we could see it from that far away. We were located just south of Freeport. That’s a long way to see it, but it was a beautiful night out.

My wife and I had committed that there were certain things we had to do while we were onboard the ship. We accomplished one of those things at dinner on Friday night. Mickey bars. One of the ladies at our table heard us ordering them and squealed in delight. “We can order Mickey bars in here?” And a third one was ordered for our table. Now I, of course, proceeded to do what most husbands do and once again managed to embarrass DW. By the end of my Mickey bar, it was like Homer Simpson had joined our party. I had chocolate shell and vanilla ice cream all over my face and had managed to look like a 2 year old. But it was good.

It’s getting late on the cruise. We’re down to the last few moments. It’s time for the farewell party. We head down to the atrium and start taking a final look at the characters. I got a few princess photos, one of which is actually rated PG-13. Belle is hot. DW also got a picture with Brent. Why? Cuz I made her.

One last spin through the shops giving my wife a chance to increase the size of our stateroom account, a task she is more than happy to participate in. Then, we accomplish another first which we had promised to do. We headed up to the Cove Café for some hot tea. They had the Masala tea we had gotten from Palo, so we both sipped on that while relaxing in the nearly empty café. We’re just trying to milk it now. Every moment we can get. Every little thing we can think of that we still have left to do, we’re doing.

Finally, it’s one last trip to Rockin Bar D where we meet up with one set of our tablemates. Problem is that the music is blaring and we can’t hear what each other is saying. So, we all go grab one last drink and head up to the top deck. There we sit until 1 AM just chatting about our lives, our week, our mutual fascination with all things Disney. Then, we realize that we’ve both got long drives home the next day and part ways. One last moment on the verandah while the ship is out at sea where my wife and I toast to what a great week it’s been. Then it’s off to bed to prepare for the sad journey home.

Our final dinner on the Magic. At least this one didn’t take as long as the other night. During dinner, one of our tablemates asked “Did anyone see the shuttle go up?” THAT’S WHAT THAT BRIGHT LIGHT WAS!?!?! AWESOME! I just couldn’t believe that we could see it from that far away. We were located just south of Freeport. That’s a long way to see it, but it was a beautiful night out.

My wife and I had committed that there were certain things we had to do while we were onboard the ship. We accomplished one of those things at dinner on Friday night. Mickey bars. One of the ladies at our table heard us ordering them and squealed in delight. “We can order Mickey bars in here?” And a third one was ordered for our table. Now I, of course, proceeded to do what most husbands do and once again managed to embarrass DW. By the end of my Mickey bar, it was like Homer Simpson had joined our party. I had chocolate shell and vanilla ice cream all over my face and had managed to look like a 2 year old. But it was good.

It’s getting late on the cruise. We’re down to the last few moments. It’s time for the farewell party. We head down to the atrium and start taking a final look at the characters. I got a few princess photos, one of which is actually rated PG-13. Belle is hot. DW also got a picture with Brent. Why? Cuz I made her.

One last spin through the shops giving my wife a chance to increase the size of our stateroom account, a task she is more than happy to participate in. Then, we accomplish another first which we had promised to do. We headed up to the Cove Café for some hot tea. They had the Masala tea we had gotten from Palo, so we both sipped on that while relaxing in the nearly empty café. We’re just trying to milk it now. Every moment we can get. Every little thing we can think of that we still have left to do, we’re doing.

Finally, it’s one last trip to Rockin Bar D where we meet up with one set of our tablemates. Problem is that the music is blaring and we can’t hear what each other is saying. So, we all go grab one last drink and head up to the top deck. There we sit until 1 AM just chatting about our lives, our week, our mutual fascination with all things Disney. Then, we realize that we’ve both got long drives home the next day and part ways. One last moment on the verandah while the ship is out at sea where my wife and I toast to what a great week it’s been. Then it’s off to bed to prepare for the sad journey home.

AAAHHHH, nice to read.....BTW, what is the big surprise (the one on your count down ticker)

che

The next morning we’re not out at sea anymore. We’re in Port Canaveral and looking out of our verandah we see the Port Canaveral parking lot. It’s really ending.

We reach our table at 8:18, and everyone else has already ordered. By the time we order, their food is already on the table. It’s just a miracle that we made it down to breakfast at all considering the late sleepers that we normally are.

So we eat and say one last goodbye. Then it happens, we take the long walk off the ship, grab our luggage and head out to the car. A few minutes later we find ourselves headed north on I-95. About 10 miles down the road, one set of our tablemates passes us at 90 mph. We’ll just head up 95 at our own speed. About 80. By the time we go by my parents house and get the dogs, we’ll get home at 7:00 tonight.

And that is how this story ends.

TIP FOR THE DAY: That final breakfast runs like clockwork. Don’t be late.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: I-95 going south is an exciting drive. I-95 going north really sucks.

One more installment coming!: (said in my best Gomer Pyle voice.) SUR-PRISE! SUR-PRISE! SUR-PRISE!

Well, it’s been a wonderful trip, and normally at this time I would go into the whole spiel about how life stinks when you’re not onboard. But instead…this time…I’m going to let you in on a little secret.

Life Stinks Season 4 is coming soon. This time we’ll be back on the Wonder. This time it will be just a 3 day cruise. This time we won’t be alone.

Will we be bringing my parents? No. DW’s mom? No. My brother? No. DW’s sister? No.

Quiet now :ssst: Here’s the secret part….

We’ll be bringing our 6 year old nephew and 5 year old niece to join the greatest aunt and uncle in the world (and their grandpa) for 3 days on board. They won’t know until we cross the bridge and they can see Mickey’s boat for the first time.

Oh yeah, and we’re taking them on their first ever trip to WDW. We’re nuts.

But we’re good to them. Their life sure doesn’t stink.

La Vita e Bella…Life is Beautiful..

One last thing…in case you were wondering about how many e-mails were in my inbox on Monday when I got back to work….450+

Email stinks.

THAT is a WONDERFUL surprise, it sure doesn't stink at all! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter