Life After Magical Express

DME is not the reason thousands of families won't be going to WDW. Disney is NOT cheap and with rising costs that'll keep more away than a transportation service. If you are "backing down" on Disney, why are you still planning a vacation there? I didn't grow up vacationing to Disney every year and I'm a huge fan. I'm sure there are many who did grow up going who don't give a rip about Disney.
If I didn't mention that DME was one of many factors I'm sorry. Cost increase is also one. Often there are many factors that add up. And many are frustrated already. More money for less does eventually add up. As for why one more trip, we had one planned pre COVID and my kids were looking forward to it. I promised them and I keep my promises.

Yes, you are right and you have a valid point. My only thought right now is that I can save more than 50% of a cost of a room by staying across the street from Disney Springs than to stay onsite. I have always stayed onsite because of the perks and with those perks going away I have to make a decision to possibly look elsewhere. I'm not the only one. My son takes his family every year and always stays onsite. This year they stayed offsite (family of 5), saved a ton of money and said they didn't notice any change in the "magic".
I have never really seen the appeal of paying the prices that WDW was commanding for subpar rooms. They have cut out a lot of perks and I have never thought it was worth it. I can stay at the Ritz Carlton for less than what some people are paying for moderate rooms. We are pausing on any future Disney visits till they return with a full schedule of entertainment , parades, meet and greets return. There just isn't the value for the price these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter