Let's Play "The Next Poster"...Disneyland style! Part 2

False, but I DO buy my soup or salad-in-a-bread-bowl with the bowl on the side. I eat part of the lid with my meal and take the rest home :). I'm usually flying, so it's a nice snack for the plane (I take some butter pats as well).

Almost forgot:
TNP hates corn dogs
True! I do hate corn dogs, but I think I'm in the minority.

TNP sings along with the fireworks soundtrack.

False-I try very hard to not hum or sing out loud during any rides or queues' or exertainment so the other guests get the full experience. That being said, HM always gets me, I find it very hard not to recite the spiel in the elevator.

TNP has either a Halloween or Christmas trip to the parks lined up.

False-I try very hard to not hum or sing out loud during any rides or queues' or exertainment so the other guests get the full experience. That being said, HM always gets me, I find it very hard not to recite the spiel in the elevator.

TNP has either a Halloween or Christmas trip to the parks lined up.
False. But I am planning for Star Wars Nite 2023 :)

TNP rides a Main Street vehicle during every visit.

False-purely spontaneous event riding a MS vehicle, did not get on one last two visits.

TNP is a firm believer of the mid day break back at the room.

I guess this is mostly False. True if the Wife or my Mom is on the trip. False if I am going solo.

TNP is looking forward to Halloween merch.

Mostly false. I don't usually go to DLR anymore during the Halloween festivities and I have enough merch. Occasionally, though, I find something too hard to resist.

TNP has never been to Oogie Boogie Bash.

Mostly false. I don't usually go to DLR anymore during the Halloween festivities and I have enough merch. Occasionally, though, I find something too hard to resist.

TNP has never been to Oogie Boogie Bash.
True. Although I've been to the version at DL (the name is currently escaping me). It may have been the last one at DL, actually. It was super cool to see all the fog on the rivers of America and the Dapper Dans were floating on a raft, dressed in their spooky attire. While we are interested in Oogie Boogie Bash, that time of year is just way too crowded for us. We've started going directly after Halloween and it's been working well!

TNP has stayed at the park from rope drop to close without a hotel break.

True-though a rarer event nowadays. We did do that one of our days on our mid June trip, next day was non-parks getaway day so that helped. Have a three day trip mid October that might involve one rope drop to get out of the parks kind of days. We will see, my Son's newish girlfriend is coming with us and she is a former CM.

TNP has a family member or close friend who is a CM or was a former CM.

True! My daughter was an entertainment CM. Covid cut that off. She was called to come back when they reopened, but her schedule makes it a lot more difficult and she's almost done with school so she's waiting to see what she's going to be doing next.

TNP has tried to recreate a Disneyland food or drink.

Attachments

• 64892.jpeg
    64892.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2
True! My daughter was an entertainment CM. Covid cut that off. She was called to come back when they reopened, but her schedule makes it a lot more difficult and she's almost done with school so she's waiting to see what she's going to be doing next.

TNP has tried to recreate a Disneyland food or drink.
True! We make the forest mushroom pizza (well, our pieced together version of it from the listed ingredients) quite frequently from Craftsman Grill at GCH. It is so good. I can't wait to get a real one when we go in November! I tried making Mickey pretzels once...yeah, apparently I'm not very skilled at pretzel twisting. It was really sad looking. 😂

TNP prefers the regular Haunted Mansion over Haunted Mansion Holiday.

TNP prefers the regular Haunted Mansion over Haunted Mansion Holiday.
100%. I don't like Nightmare Before Christmas, and the hitchhiking ghosts are one of my first and fondest DL memories, so the HM Holiday overlay chaps my hide.

TNP has a favorite bathroom in the parks.

True-not sure this is cheating or not but my favorite bathroom is in the Carthay Circle.

TNP misses Steakhouse 55.
Oh, so very, very true!! How I miss it. I have so many great memories there! We took our kids when they were very little. We always stayed at DLH and SH55 was our go-to breakfast place. I loved the food and ambiance. Had afternoon tea there at Christmas time with my sister. And one of my favorite memories is sharing the 24-layer-cake with my friends during Dapper Day. It was not only amazing to look at, but it was delicious! Here's a stock photo:
disneyland-hotel-steakhouse-55-legendary-24-layer-cake.jpg

TNP thinks the lobster nachos at Lamplight Lounge are gross.

False-though it has been a few years now since we last tried them. I really miss the days when you could walk right up to some places and grab a table and get your snack on.

TNP is both excited and scared of the changes coming to Downtown Disney.

False-though it has been a few years now since we last tried them. I really miss the days when you could walk right up to some places and grab a table and get your snack on.

TNP is both excited and scared of the changes coming to Downtown Disney.
True! I like to see new things, but I'm worried they are going to change things so much that Downtown Disney won't feel cozy or homey anymore.

TNP prefers "regular" Disneyland to holiday overlays.

True! I like to see new things, but I'm worried they are going to change things so much that Downtown Disney won't feel cozy or homey anymore.

TNP prefers "regular" Disneyland to holiday overlays.
False (mostly). There was a time when I really didn't like HMH. I don't know what happened, but it gradually grew on me until I started really looking forward to it. I do think it takes up too much of the year, but I get why since it's covering 2 holiday periods.

Also LOVE Small World Holiday! Didn't have much of an opinion about whatever that Space Mt thing was called. I miss the Jingle Cruise--thought it was very fun and nice to see something different. I'm sad they never brought it back.

I have to admit here that I've never seen WOC (other than pieces of it in passing and a little from the GCH balcony) but I bet I'd like the holiday version.

TNP has had a fun surprise at DLR.

True-on several occasions we have got some Pixie Dust. I remember a few years back, my Son and I were doing a Halloween trip and staying offsite, no early entry. But we had some awesome CMs who let us join the early entry crowd and that same night we were ushered by a CM to fill my Son's candy bag which seemed it needed a bit more.

2500.jpg

TNP will Disneybound on the regular.

True-on several occasions we have got some Pixie Dust. I remember a few years back, my Son and I were doing a Halloween trip and staying offsite, no early entry. But we had some awesome CMs who let us join the early entry crowd and that same night we were ushered by a CM to fill my Son's candy bag which seemed it needed a bit more.

TNP will Disneybound on the regular.
Used to be true, but now it's more of an occasional thing. Once, for Dapper Day, I made a dress to resemble the gates of Club 33. It was a combo Dapper/Disbounding ha ha.

TNP has not been on every ride in DLR.

club33doors-jpg.704219

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter