Let's Celebrate! December Holidays around the World Exercise Challenge

Saphire5742

Princess Sparkle
Welcome to the December 2016 Exercise Challenge!

If you're new here this is how it works:

Choose an exercise goal in minutes and post your progress towards that goal.

I'll keep track of everyone's progress and update this post accordingly.

Since December has 31 days here are some popular conversions:

10 min/day - 310 min
15 min/day - 465 min
20 min/day - 620 min
30 min/day - 930 min
45 min/day - 1395 min

But you don't have to go according to this chart. You get to decide how many minutes and what movement counts towards those minutes. Just remember that sometimes despite our best intentions we don't always reach our goal. That's ok, as long as you do your best.

And of course we can't forget the fun part of these challenges - :rainbow: Color changes as you make your way towards your goal.

For this month's theme I chose December Holidays around the World. I thought it might be fun to learn how others celebrate the holidays this time of year. Throughout this month I'll be sharing interesting trivia and the like on the subject. Of course I'll be relying on the internet for much of this info so if any of you spot some wrong information please let me know so I can correct it.

10% of goal - Winter Solstice Blue
25% of goal - Lights Aglow Orange
50% of goal - Presents Galore Purple
75% of goal - Sparkling Tinsel Pink
90% of goal - Candy Cane Red
100% of goal - Happy Holidays WISH Green

I'll put myself down for 1300 min.

Participants

2manypets - 1228/1500
galaxygirl76 - 1220/1100
kathleen27 - 325/700
PollyannaMom - 200/400
Saphire5742 - 1303/1300
scdak - 577/550
Sophy1996 - 1200/1200
Twilight Sparkle - 1485/1000

Team Total - 7538/7750 (97.2%)

Last edited:
Sounds like a great theme!

Since I didn't make my goal last month (and this one is likely to be even busier) I'm going to set a nice, round 400 minutes this time. I'm just not walking like I was in the summer. But I'm hoping to figure out what works for me to replace that and go over goal this month. We'll see.

So far, I have 10 minutes yesterday and 15 today, so I'm at 25/400.

Thanks for hosting @Saphire5742
Looking forward to the theme!

This is going to be a busy month for me, and with it getting dark early I'm not getting out for walks during the week.
My goal this month is going to be 700.

nothing yesterday
15 minutes yoga tonight

15/700

To start us off for the month here is a list of holidays celebrated in December:

Saint Nicholas Day (Christian)
Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mexican)
St. Lucia Day (Swedish)
Hanukkah (Jewish)
Christmas Day (Christian)
Three Kings Day/Epiphany (Christian)
Boxing Day (Australian, Canadian, English, Irish)
Kwanzaa (African American)
Omisoka (Japanese)
Yule (Pagan)
Saturnalia (Pagan)

Great work team, at this time we're only 21 minutes away from reaching Winter Solstice Blue!

Congrats to team members Sophy1996, 2manypets, and Twilight Sparkle for joining Winter Solstice Blue!

Many of the customs associated with the Winter Solstice (and therefore with other midwinter festivals such as St Lucy’s Day, Saturnalia, Hanukkah, New Years and Twelfth Night) derive from stories of a mighty battle between the dark and the light, which is won, naturally, by the light.
The return of the light is the most prominent feature of most midwinter festivals as we will learn during the month.

(info courtesy of www.schooloftheseasons.com)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!