Let's celebrate 15 years together by eating around the World! 05/24 F&W

After a nap, we were ready to head out to Epcot for our second round of Food and Wine! :goodvibes

Since we entered via the International Gateway, we started to our right, in France. First, we got the Coq au vin sur gratin de macaroni.

IMG_6719.jpg

This does not photograph well... :rotfl2: We had this dish last year and it was nice. This year, I'm thinking it was sitting out under a lamp for a while, the macaroni was a congealed hard puck. :( The meat underneath the thick sauce was still tender, but a part of it was dried out. Such a shame, since this is a good dish and a huge portion, but it has to be served fresh, please! :rolleyes2

IMG_6720.jpg

This is the Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush, which tasted the same as last year. If you like not-to-sweet slush drinks, this is for you. It goes down really well. :)

Next booth where we stopped was Belgium. We got the Belgian waffle with berry compote and whipped cream.

IMG_6726.jpg

Ah, this was good. We don't eat waffles often, we make crepes at home, so we were eager to try this. The waffle was better than the Sleepy Hollow one, because it had a crisper exterior, which was a fantastic texture contrast with the softer, moist interior. The berry compote was good, but we scraped off the cream, since DH is not a huge fan and it gets me sick.

I also bought a Godiva chocolate liqueur iced coffee for DH. I did not taste it, but DH assured me that it was creamy, chocolaty but not very coffee tasting, just like last year. He liked this a lot.

IMG_6733.jpg

At the Florida Local booth, we got both food selections.

First the Florida Shrimp Ceviche with fire-roasted vegetables, fried plantains and cilantro.

IMG_6740.jpg

It's a tiny dish but it packed major flavor. The cilantro was prominent, but I love this herb so it was not a problem. DH, however, thought it overpowered the dish and he would have liked a little heat. The plantain was soft and soggy, so not a hit. The shrimp had a nice texture. I would get this again.

Second, the White Corn Arepa with mangalitsa pork rillette and zellwood sweet corn salad. Sorry for the unfocused pic.

IMG_6741.jpg

We make a kind of shepherd's pie at home with layered ground pork, corn and mashed potatoes and when DH tasted this dish, this is what came to mind instantly. :) It was our first time tasting arepa and it had a mild flavor, with a little crispiness on the outside. The corn salad was fresh and really good. We prefer duck rillette over pork, but this one was still good. It was spread ion the inside of the arepa. An interesting dish, all in all. :)

To wash this food down, I also selected the Florida Orange Groves Key Limen wine.

IMG_6742.jpg

This is a light and refreshing wine that is really easy to drink even if you're not a wine fan. A good pick with the ceviche.

Next stop was Italy, for a cannoli al cioccolato and a flute of Prosecco Zardetto.

IMG_6746.jpg

The Prosecco is a nice white bubbly wine that is on the dry side. You can't go wrong with this if you want something light. My bubbles... :lmao:

IMG_6747.jpg

The filling was really good, but the shell was a bit soggy underneath the chocolate. I'm thinking it was not freshly made, sadly. DH still liked it.

At the Poland booth, we tried the Zapiekanki (toasted mushrooms, caramelized onions and cheese bread with house-made ketchup).

IMG_6752.jpg

This was really nice! It made me think of pizza bread. The bread part was hot and fresh, with a nice layer of cheesy mushrooms and onions. The ketchup part I would describe more as a glaze, almost with a light pizza sauce taste. Very good! :thumbsup2

We then reached the line for South Africa, where I went for the protein choice: Seared filet of beef with smashed sweet potatoes and Braai sauce.

IMG_6757.jpg

I prefer my meat on the rare side, this was a medium or maybe a medium rare, but it was still really tender and juicy. :)

IMG_6758.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of sweet potatoes, but they were nice with the sauce and the filet. I'm suspecting that the sauce was a little under-spiced to please the masses, and it had a tomato and sweet side, but it was not unpleasant. A nice choice and a lean and tasty piece of meat (which is more than I can say for Canada's filet... :rolleyes1 more on that later...)

Arriving at the China booth, we decided on the Mango Tapioca Pudding.

IMG_6762.jpg

We fought for this, it was delicious. Nice creamy custardy pudding with big tapioca pearls. The mango added a nice touch of tartness. It was an awesome combination. Very, very good. :thumbsup2

I also went for the Sunny Guava with coconut rum.

IMG_6763.jpg

This I did not like at all. It was sugary and "soapy" in taste and I could not detect any coconut flavor at all. However, DH, to my surprise, drank it all and found it super good and tasty. :thumbsup2

Last booth for the night - Mexico. We got the crispy shrimp taco.

IMG_6966.jpg

Very good, fresh and not too greasy for fried shrimp. I liked the sauces and the cabbage. The tortilla was soft, too. A great choice!

Finally, I also got the Lime-strawberry margarita on the rocks.

IMG_6967-Copie.jpg

I was a little sad since this not come with a salted rim. However, it was awesome. Not too sweet, and the strawberry taste went really well with the lime. I was just a little mad at DH since he drank almost all of it while I was buying myself a sweatshirt since I was freezing. :lmao: He doesn't even like margaritas usually! :confused3

We then enjoyed some rides in Future World and while walking back to the exit, we stopped at the Boulangerie pâtisserie for a snack. We had a ham and cheese croissant toasted.

IMG_7000.jpg

This was as good as we remembered. :lovestruc This is a great value, was fresh and tasty and a great finish to the night.

We also got a crème brûlée for the next morning.

IMG_7002.jpg

I really like these. Nice crunchy top, smooth custard, the breakfast of champions! :rotfl2:

Your most recent updates are overwhelming me with deliciousness. :rotfl: I want to try every single one of those dishes - F&W is an absolute must for me one day!

Finally joining in over here!! I'm sorry your service and goat cheese Ravioli at CG were underwhelming! Our Goat cheese ravioli was splendid!! In Fact CG was one of our best meals!!

Love your F&W samplings... We enjoyed some of the same but sadly we never got around to all the booths.

Finally joining in over here!! I'm sorry your service and goat cheese Ravioli at CG were underwhelming! Our Goat cheese ravioli was splendid!! In Fact CG was one of our best meals!!

Love your F&W samplings... We enjoyed some of the same but sadly we never got around to all the booths.

Thank you for reading along! I've read many great reviews of CG, that's why we would give it another shot. :)

Today was our MNSSHP day, so we slept in and had nothing planned until our ADR at Garden View Lounge. We made our way to the Grand Floridian and explored a bit. Very nice resort! :) It was calm and peaceful.

After we checked in, we were told to sit in the lobby and a server would come get us when our table was ready. We waited about 10 minutes before we were taken to our table. The tables are really tiny here! It's beautiful and sunny. There are not many tables and it's quiet.

DH had the Buckingham Tea - Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, along with your choice of tea. $23.00 per guest.

However, not being a tea drinker, he asked if he could have coffee instead and had no problem whatsoever. First, i thought they would bring him a cup, but the server brought him a French press so DH was overjoyed. The coffee here is Colombian black.

The coffee...
IMG_7110.jpg

DH's sandwiches...
IMG_7108.jpg

There is a wedge of each: cucumber, pear and gorgonzola, curry chicken, egg and salmon. These were fresh as the bread was not dried out, which happens quite quickly with this kind of bread. The filling we preferred was the salmon, it was mixed with a old-fashioned mustard with seeds that was really good. The curry chicken was also delicious. The egg and cucumber ones were good, but less interesting. We both also appreciated the pear and gorgonzola one. DH raved about the onion tart, the onions were perfectly caramelized and on the sweet side.

I went with the Price Edward Tea - A delicious array of duck and cherry terrine, chicken and pork roulade, country pate en croute, and English Blue Stilton, the "King" of English cheeses. Served with marinated fresh berries, and Cumberland sauce. We then offer our delicious fresh-baked scones served with rich Devonshire cream. Your choice of our tea with a glass of our Fonseca Bin 27 Character Port. $24.50 per guest.

My tea - the Mad Hatter blend - very good.

IMG_7114.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

Port... Also very good, especially with the cheese.

IMG_7113.jpg

Plate of pâtés and cheese

IMG_7112.jpg

I know the server explained to me that there were some duck, some chicken and some pork pâtés and terrines, but I can't remember which was which. :( But I can say that they were very good and paired really well with the berry sauce. Both cheese were on the stronger side, nice and tangy. It was a big serving and a beautiful plate if you like charcuterie. :lovestruc

DH's scone and jam tart

IMG_7123.jpg

Yes, he had cut in the scone before taking a picture. :rolleyes1 DH loved the scone, even tough he is not usually fond of raisins. He found the tart a little too sweet, but I thinks this is more because of his personal taste. I had a bite and loved it.

My scones with lemon curd

IMG_7121.jpg

Again, I had started to eat before taking the pic. :headache: The lemon curd was delicious and tart, the Devonshire cream is so decadent. I tried to resist it by fear of being sick, but its so good. DH had to finish both my plates, it was too much food.

DH then had a selection of pastries.

IMG_7126.jpg

He picked an eclair and a chocolate-covered strawberry. The strawberry was nice, ripe and sweet. The eclair was good and fresh. These are DH's comments as I did not try them.

It was a nice and relaxing experience. We were there for about 90 minutes, we were not rushed, the service was good. I would not hesitate to do this again. :thumbsup2

Oh my GOODNESS! Those tea room pics looked so yummy to me, I just tried to make a reservation for when we are going to be there.. No luck:sad2:
I am gonna keep trying!

Oh my GOODNESS! Those tea room pics looked so yummy to me, I just tried to make a reservation for when we are going to be there.. No luck:sad2:
I am gonna keep trying!

If you're trying to get a reservation with the website, it might not work, because the site is glitchy for the Garden View Lounge. I had to call directly the dining line to get in. :confused3

Good luck! :)

I love the picture of you with your pinky sticking out! Very cute! I love the pictures and it looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad that you mentioned that the site doesn't always work for Garden View because I had tried to book an ADR and it's never been available. I will call now! I've never been in the GF and would love to eat here!

I just had to edit this because I called today and was able to get an ADR for our trip in Feb!!! Thank you so much for the valuable tip that we should call. I'm so excited!!

If you're trying to get a reservation with the website, it might not work, because the site is glitchy for the Garden View Lounge. I had to call directly the dining line to get in. :confused3

Good luck! :)

YAY! I called and got one for the exact day/time I wanted! Thanks for the tip!!:cloud9:

Joining in a little late... Jiko is my favorite signature restaurant although we had excellent food AND service at California Grill. The Red velvet cupcake is my favorite too... I want to try the carrot cake cookie in December.

The tea service looks fantastic! Not really DH's cup of tea (pun intended), will have to wait for my next girls' trip to experience that. It seems like a lot of food and a lot of fun.

I love the picture of you with your pinky sticking out! Very cute! I love the pictures and it looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad that you mentioned that the site doesn't always work for Garden View because I had tried to book an ADR and it's never been available. I will call now! I've never been in the GF and would love to eat here!

I just had to edit this because I called today and was able to get an ADR for our trip in Feb!!! Thank you so much for the valuable tip that we should call. I'm so excited!!

Yay! Congrats on getting the ADR! It was such a great experience! I hope you enjoy! :thumbsup2

Joining in a little late... Jiko is my favorite signature restaurant although we had excellent food AND service at California Grill. The Red velvet cupcake is my favorite too... I want to try the carrot cake cookie in December.

Thank you for joining! The carrot cake is a must-try snack. Soooo good! :goodvibes

The tea service looks fantastic! Not really DH's cup of tea (pun intended), will have to wait for my next girls' trip to experience that. It seems like a lot of food and a lot of fun.

It is a lot off food! :thumbsup2 Hope you get to experience it soon! Although I must say there were many men at the GV Lounge when we went. ;)

After tea, we made our way to Magic Kingdom, because this was MNSSHP night! :cool1: When I purchased these tickets, DH had one request - to eat at the place that had the taco salad, AKA Peco's Bill. :lmao:

Now every time we talk about the taco salad, we have a good chuckle because of this: Real Men of Genius

"Is your taco salad healthy? Of course it is, it's a salad, isn't it!" :rotfl2:

So anyway, around 8:30 at night, we made our way to Peco's Bill to eat 5 pounds of condiments in a fried shell. :lmao:

Once the salad was filled up -
IMG_7204.jpg

And of course, DH could not resist a refill... :sad2:
IMG_7211.jpg

With a full belly, DH was content and ready to move on to the rest of the night.

We also had some snacks during the party. First off, a frozen coke from the Lunching Pad - love these when I need an energy boost. :thumbsup2
IMG_7150-1.jpg

Some nuts from a cart near Space Mountain - these nuts were such a great discovery. They sell them all over the place in little paper cones. One cone of these lasts me two days and they are still good at room temp. You have a choice of almonds or pecans, both cinnamon-glazed. It's a great pick-me up snack, since it's protein-filled. However, the nuts are a little on the sweet side.
IMG_7190.jpg

After dinner, we also had one of these... No introduction needed, I think...
IMG_7214.jpg

And just as we were leaving at the end of the party - it was past midnight a little, DH decided that he had not had his share of chocolate that day so we stopped at the Bakery. He got a piece of chocolate cake which hit the spot, but all in all, was quite ordinary. However, it was not dried out, which was a good thing!
IMG_7638.jpg

At this point, I was starting the feel the heavy food, so I only got some carrots and celery. They were good, crisp and fresh. I did not eat the dip, so I can't comment on that - it was ranch. I also had a cup of caffeine juice.
IMG_7640.jpg

And that concludes our day! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter