Let's 'Bounceback' to WDW! September 2-9, 2017 POR Pre-Trip Report

It is hard to believe it can be 80 degrees somewhere else when it is so cold and snowy here. My brother lives in Virginia and sent me a picture of their 80 degree forecast, right when we were going to get slammed with 2 feet of snow here in Maine!
We just booked our stay at POR when I heard ticket prices were going up, but I am waiting to fully commit to dates when Free Dining is released. We are hoping for the week of September 12th will be included in the public offer for FD. We have never stayed at POR so we are very excited!
I would wait on the flights, especially if they are very high right now. Tuesday's-Thursday's are the best time to book flights, from my experience because that is when our airlines release their travel deals. It seems like the specials out right now are for Spring travel, so hopefully fall travel comes soon!
About the Patriots...my oldest son and my brother and I were able to go down to the parade, it was so fun!
Looking forward to seeing the rest of your plans! I am hoping when Pandora opens there will be a lot of people sharing their tips.

Attachments

• pats.jpg
    pats.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 5
It is hard to believe it can be 80 degrees somewhere else when it is so cold and snowy here. My brother lives in Virginia and sent me a picture of their 80 degree forecast, right when we were going to get slammed with 2 feet of snow here in Maine!
We just booked our stay at POR when I heard ticket prices were going up, but I am waiting to fully commit to dates when Free Dining is released. We are hoping for the week of September 12th will be included in the public offer for FD. We have never stayed at POR so we are very excited!
I would wait on the flights, especially if they are very high right now. Tuesday's-Thursday's are the best time to book flights, from my experience because that is when our airlines release their travel deals. It seems like the specials out right now are for Spring travel, so hopefully fall travel comes soon!
About the Patriots...my oldest son and my brother and I were able to go down to the parade, it was so fun!
Looking forward to seeing the rest of your plans! I am hoping when Pandora opens there will be a lot of people sharing their tips.

My sister lives in NJ and she got a lot of snow. We were in shorts. LOL!! She promised me swift and instant death. LOL!! Last year though, we got more snow than her and we live in Alabama. LOL!!

POR is my favorite resort!! Right now we are staying at Pop. I want to switch to POR. I have her checking on the free dining for both. I would love it if she can get me free dining for POR....

We are going to be there around the same time as you. We are going to Universal first on the 11th of September and then we start our Disney portion on the 15th.

Hi. Following along. We will be staying at POR this year for the first time. We arrive a bit before you, August 29th and leave on the 6th. I booked a preferred room also. I was so glad to read that your 14 year old son fit on the bed, because my 13 year old daughter will be sleeping on the fold down bed.

For our dining, we went over and over menus. Biergarten has always been on my list and gets chopped right before ADR day. So far, it is still there, but I have back ups. We are trying Ohana Dinner, Be Our Guest Dinner, Boatright's and Garden Grill as our new to us restaurants. We are returning to Raglan Road (have to go for the Great Irish Hooley over Labor Day weekend) and Sci-Fi Dine-in. DHS is always so hard to decide on. We must be the only people, but 50's Primetime didn't thrill us. I think it was because our server barely smiled at us and the server at the table next to us was over the top fun. We had server envy.

The only other strategy is to try to put the meals that are buffet / all-you-care-to-eat at the beginning of the trip or to at least space out the meals with light meal days. Usually, we end up cancelling our ADRs near the end of the trip because we have hit the food overload point. We really don't care to sit down to another huge meal near the end.

I have played around with trying to figure out park days. I have no idea how to plan my Animal Kingdom days. So far we will be going 7 days. All parks get 1.5 days, except Epcot. It gets 2 days...food and wine festival. We have never been and I am so glad they included all of September. We are also hoping to do MNSSHP. We did it last trip and we enjoyed it.

I am enjoying reading about your plans.

First.... OMGOSH GREAT picture of you and your son a the Patriots parade!! Wow I bet that was an amazing experience! #GoPats

Second, I have been at WDW several times in September and received Free Dining each time. So, I think that your date of September 12th SHOULD be included! They normally are. Of course, the worst part is waiting for Disney to announce if they are even going to do Free Dining this year.

Following along!! Great restaurant choices! I've always wanted to do Hoop de Do! :teeth:

Thank you!! I also have always wanted to do Hoop de Doo! I'm hoping that we get reservations on the main floor nearest to the stage :flower1:

My sister lives in NJ and she got a lot of snow. We were in shorts. LOL!! She promised me swift and instant death. LOL!! Last year though, we got more snow than her and we live in Alabama. LOL!!

:rotfl2: Well winter isn't over yet, we may still get dumped on with snow!

Hi. Following along. We will be staying at POR this year for the first time. We arrive a bit before you, August 29th and leave on the 6th. I booked a preferred room also. I was so glad to read that your 14 year old son fit on the bed, because my 13 year old daughter will be sleeping on the fold down bed.
:welcome:

I was worried about the pull down bed last year at CBR. If you look at my trip report that I"m working on from last September in my signature, There is a picture of Ethan in the bed. He is about 5ft 8in tall. I'm sure that his feet would hang off, but he generally sleeps on his side anyway. He said it was very comfortable! I hope that it works for your daughter!

For our dining, we went over and over menus. Biergarten has always been on my list and gets chopped right before ADR day. So far, it is still there, but I have back ups. We are trying Ohana Dinner, Be Our Guest Dinner, Boatright's and Garden Grill as our new to us restaurants. We are returning to Raglan Road (have to go for the Great Irish Hooley over Labor Day weekend) and Sci-Fi Dine-in. DHS is always so hard to decide on. We must be the only people, but 50's Primetime didn't thrill us. I think it was because our server barely smiled at us and the server at the table next to us was over the top fun. We had server envy.

You're so right, DHS is always so hard to decide on. This year for the first time we aren't eating a table service in that park. I've also heard that your server has a HUGE impact on your experience at 50's Primetime!! Good luck with your planning, I hope that you get everything that you want!

I am enjoying reading about your plans.

Thank you so much for reading along!!:jumping1:

Hey Aimee! I don't visit the ptrs often, but came over from your current trip report.

That's so great that your dad joins you on your Disney trips. He appears to be doing quite well with the health issues he's had. My husband had a kidney removed with cancer in early 2016. It gives you a whole new appreciation for life and enjoying what you have.

I hope you guys like Ohana. It's one of our favorite places to dine. We were just there last month with two of our daughters and their families. We were seated at a big round table (9 of us) by the window with a fantastic view of the castle. The food was fantastic and it was a memorable night.

Your shirt choices look adorable. Do you get all new shirts each trip or are some repeated from previous years.

Us too! We got it for $184 round trip each but points paid for both flights there and 1 home so for $220 we got early bird check in all ways, one flight, and fees paid!

ADR day tomorrow! party:
I've got my plans ready and will be up bright and early to hopefully get everything we want!

Hey Aimee! I don't visit the ptrs often, but came over from your current trip report.

That's so great that your dad joins you on your Disney trips. He appears to be doing quite well with the health issues he's had. My husband had a kidney removed with cancer in early 2016. It gives you a whole new appreciation for life and enjoying what you have.

I hope you guys like Ohana. It's one of our favorite places to dine. We were just there last month with two of our daughters and their families. We were seated at a big round table (9 of us) by the window with a fantastic view of the castle. The food was fantastic and it was a memorable night.

Your shirt choices look adorable. Do you get all new shirts each trip or are some repeated from previous years.

Hi!!! Thank you so much for coming over to this pre trip report!! I havn't posted too much because there hasn't been that much to mention, however my pre-trip planning is getting ready to kick in and go bananas because tomorrow is my ADR DAY!!!!

Thank you for your encouraging words about Ohana! Your table sounds fabulous, and I can only hope that we get a great one like that!

I am planning on getting new shirts for this trip too, and have already been narrowing them down. There are so many amazing ones on ETSY! Its hard to choose!

Booked our airfare yesterday through SW! $173.90 RT each. Not bad! :yay::yay:

WOW!! Thats a GREAT rate!! :flower1: I wish that I could get that low, but they are all over $200+ roundtrip from 4 surrounding airports for our dates. Boooooo!!!

Us too! We got it for $184 round trip each but points paid for both flights there and 1 home so for $220 we got early bird check in all ways, one flight, and fees paid!

Whaaaat? Girl that is terrific!!!! I wish that I could get some good rates like that!!! :crazy:

5ec87390d94d9cadbe9a3026b70c1474.jpg

Happy Sunday to everyone!

Tomorrow morning is my ADR date, and I am ready to go! Because I do work full time, I plan on getting up REALLY early, at 5:00am to shower and get ready for work. I plan on having my coffee in hand, and sitting at my desk at 6:00am to log into My Disney Experience and wait for 7:00am!

8e1ac0b12d0c3833b8dafe004de032b6.jpg

Currently this is what I plan to make our reservations look like:

Saturday 9/2: Cinderellas Royal Table 6:30pm

Sunday 9/3: Sanaa 5:30pm

Monday 9/4: Ohana Dinner 6:30pm

Tuesday 9/5: Be Our Guest Lunch 11:45pm
Tuesday 9/5: Teppan Edo 6:30pm

Wednesday 9/6: Hoop Dee Do Revue: 4:00pm

Thursday 9/7: No reservations - will be doing Food and Wine Festival for lunch and dinner!!

Friday 9/8: Skippers Canteen 6:30pm

This is my least favorite and most favorite day of the year! I dread it, and I look forward to it at the same time. To 'non Disney' people, we must all look kookoo to plan our supper reservations so far in advance, and then wake up at the crack of dawn to sit in front of our computers to try and book our reservations!

so-sleepy-1.jpg

Who else will be up bright and early with me tomorrow morning? We can have a coffee party together! Woooo Hooooo!!!!!!

Talking-Tables-Illuminations-Party-light-Christmas-lifestyle-Portrait.png

If you are up tomorrow morning... be sure to stop by and say HI!! :jumping1: We can hopefully celebrate together the fact that we are FINISHED with ADR's! party:

5ec87390d94d9cadbe9a3026b70c1474.jpg

Happy Sunday to everyone!

Tomorrow morning is my ADR date, and I am ready to go! Because I do work full time, I plan on getting up REALLY early, at 5:00am to shower and get ready for work. I plan on having my coffee in hand, and sitting at my desk at 6:00am to log into My Disney Experience and wait for 7:00am!

8e1ac0b12d0c3833b8dafe004de032b6.jpg

Currently this is what I plan to make our reservations look like:

Saturday 9/2: Cinderellas Royal Table 6:30pm

Sunday 9/3: Sanaa 5:30pm

Monday 9/4: Ohana Dinner 6:30pm

Tuesday 9/5: Be Our Guest Lunch 11:45pm
Tuesday 9/5: Teppan Edo 6:30pm

Wednesday 9/6: Hoop Dee Do Revue: 4:00pm

Thursday 9/7: No reservations - will be doing Food and Wine Festival for lunch and dinner!!

Friday 9/8: Skippers Canteen 6:30pm

This is my least favorite and most favorite day of the year! I dread it, and I look forward to it at the same time. To 'non Disney' people, we must all look kookoo to plan our supper reservations so far in advance, and then wake up at the crack of dawn to sit in front of our computers to try and book our reservations!

so-sleepy-1.jpg

Who else will be up bright and early with me tomorrow morning? We can have a coffee party together! Woooo Hooooo!!!!!!

Talking-Tables-Illuminations-Party-light-Christmas-lifestyle-Portrait.png

If you are up tomorrow morning... be sure to stop by and say HI!! :jumping1: We can hopefully celebrate together the fact that we are FINISHED with ADR's! party:
Yay adr day! Mine is next Sunday.

Omgosh, its coming up so quickly! Have you narrowed down your choices??
Yes! I posted them last week but we did make 1-2 changes since then. I'm pretty sure we're set with them now.

Fps for May are on Thurs too.

All of our ADR days are close together. Mine is 2 weeks from today.

I love all your choices. I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that I can get. A Be Our Guest for dinner time. Not sure the best way to do,it. Lol. You have to let me know how Skipper Cantina is. My son told me today that he wants to go there for dinner. He saw a Video on it and he said it looks cool. Lol.

Yes! I posted them last week but we did make 1-2 changes since then. I'm pretty sure we're set with them now.

Fps for May are on Thurs too.

I'm gonna head to your PTR and check them out! Unfortunately I have been off the grid for a week or more. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter