Let’s just say we could all use a little Happiest Place on Earth Right now! Update 3/4

He ended up back in the hospital less than a week after he initially got discharged for a nasty case of pneumonia. He stayed with us a few days post discharge and we were his care givers. He is the sweetest old fella with the best disposition so it was by no means a heartache but it did consume our time and energy. I am happy to say he is back home with home health providing therapy 3x a week and CNAs for showers. He will resume with cardiac care once he has more strength.

I am sorry that he had another setback, but I am glad that he is back home now and being looked after.

Today was also the day we scheduled our VIP tour! We were also meeting up with our good friend Alison. I am sure lots of you know her here.

Wow, talk about hitting the ground running.

I love this Christmas tree and actually think I prefer it to the one at the Grand Californian. The theme and colour scheme is just more me.

I booked all three night separately due to the Disney Visa promo which was one FP per person and a $20 dining voucher per reservation. Booking that was landed us 15 FPs and $60 in dining vouchers. Plus we still had the $135 in resort credit from using the Disney Visa deal.

That sounds like some very smart booking.

For $60 a night we could upgrade those first two nights to a theme park concierge level room for all 5 of us.

Wow, what a deal.

I am unsure why Disney cannot figure this out.

The have figured this out at Disneyland Paris. Maybe the US parks need to send people over there to check how it is done.

It looks like you had a wonderful day.

Corinna

I'm sorry about your dad's health. How scary :hug: Glad he's back home and doing ok.

Awesome about your room upgrade :cool1:

Fabulous day, wow!

Glad to see Josh is ok with ToT. Does he like it now?

Loving all the pictures, you guys are too cute for words, and those beautiful smiles take the cake!

The castle is sooooo pretty with the drippy lights :love:

Fun day! I was so exhausted that next day. For us not having taken a lot of pictures it actually looked like a great and fun day. Everyone has huge grins on their faces in the pictures!

We were exhausted too. Not sure we could have packed more fun into those 10 hours!!!!

How great you were offered club at such a cheap price. Practically a free upgrade! No changing of rooms yes please. You save hassle and half a day right there.

Very pretty tree and photos of you.

You scored some fun rides.

Great to meet up with Alison. How nice. Great photos of the evening too! Sounds like a great day.

It really was a fantastic first Disney day! And I agree the upgrade was soooooo inexpensive and worth eevry penny. We got our money's worth and then some.

I am sorry that he had another setback, but I am glad that he is back home now and being looked after.

Wow, talk about hitting the ground running.

I love this Christmas tree and actually think I prefer it to the one at the Grand Californian. The theme and colour scheme is just more me.

That sounds like some very smart booking.

Wow, what a deal.

The have figured this out at Disneyland Paris. Maybe the US parks need to send people over there to check how it is done.

It looks like you had a wonderful day.

Corinna

:hug: Thank you. My FIL is continuing to progress slowly. He is such a sweet soul.

Our days was truly fabulous; we always seem to hit the ground running! :lmao:

We used the heck out of concierge! :woohoo: We ended bringing about half of the Mickey treats home. There was just so much food, we could not finish them all.

How is your new travel job going?

I'm sorry about your dad's health. How scary :hug: Glad he's back home and doing ok.
Awesome about your room upgrade :cool1:

Fabulous day, wow!

Glad to see Josh is ok with ToT. Does he like it now?

Loving all the pictures, you guys are too cute for words, and those beautiful smiles take the cake!

The castle is sooooo pretty with the drippy lights :love:

I agree, the castle is something else. :cloud9:

He LOVES ToT now, just in time for it to change. :rolleyes: Better late than never. Remember how hard we tried? LOL!

Thank you for the sweet words.

I am actually still working my notice in my old job. I have two more days to go, then the weekend off before starting the new job on Monday. I am really excited.

Corinna

I am so excited for you! Its like a dream job. I've always found it so difficult to remain totally engaged during the last week of a job. :blush:

:hug: Thank you. My FIL is continuing to progress slowly. He is such a sweet soul.

That is fantastic news :)

I agree, the castle is something else. :cloud9:

I can't wait to show DL to mom in September. We'll have a car so I must take her to the yummy taco place and the beach you showed me :hyper:

He LOVES ToT now, just in time for it to change. :rolleyes: Better late than never. Remember how hard we tried? LOL!

Hooray!!!! I'm so glad he loves it!!!! It'll be the same inside won't it? Or are they changing everything?

Hi all. :wave:

Before forging ahead, here is a pic of Gabby’s favorite latte ever! :lmao:

I think the caption says it all:

[/URL
]

The next day we woke up bright and early for rope drop. Looooooove staying on property and taking advantage of EMH and cutting through the Grand. I read that option is defunct now.

We did take advantage of the concierge lounge. The Nespresso machine is about the best thing ever! Promise I got breakfast pics. I need to find them. :blush:

Heading out:

[/URL
]

Over the river and though the Grand to DCA we go:

[/URL
]

Obligatory selfie. Joshua looks like he is in pain. :lmao:

[/URL
]

Waiting for rope drop. :hyper:

[/URL
]

Look at his sweater, it’s so cute!

[/URL
]

We came, we rode, we had a blast! Love this picture!

[/URL
]

We decided to take a midday break which is par for the course. We stopped by the lounge and brought out copious amounts of snacks. The only bummer was the pool bar was closed so we could not order but DH brought some beers down from the room.

The view from our room on the 15th floor:

[/URL
]

After our break, we headed back to the concierge lounge for appetizers, beer/wine, and desserts. Here is where the trip turned sour (but only for about the 90 minutes).

The kids headed into the parks and DH and I headed to Trader Sam’s. I had been telling DH how much fun it was and how much he’d enjoy it. It was a planned date night. I think it’s important to have date night’s even after 2+ decades of marriage.

We entered Trader Sam’s and I had so much fun pointing out the fun trinkets all over, we watched the walls light up and found seat at the bar.

The service was absolutely horrific. Like beyond terrible. It took ages to get the bartender’s attention. DH and I both tended bar and we both know it is just not that hard especially in such a small venue. We always sit at the bar but this time we moved to a table hoping the service would be better.

Our server was sweet but so totally overwhelmed. Their non-wait list is a tragic fail. People were rude and took seats before it was their turn. I will be hard pressed to return. I had had two really wonderful experiences prior and had read about how bad it could be but was hoping to never experience it myself. Ugh. Trader Sam’s is OFF my to-do list. I felt fairly disappointed as I was really looking forward to sharing this place with DH.

The best thing about the experience was this pic. :lmao:

[/URL
]

We left after letting the manager know how disappointed we were. She comped our appetizers because WE NEVER RECEIVED THEM. The drinks were strong and we left buzzed. We strolled the grounds and through DTD which was nice.

We got back to the room before the kids to find these waiting. If you are counting, that’s 10 BIG Mickey treats so far.

[/URL
]

To be continued……………….

Because there is a fair chance this reports will run into our upcoming trip, I am going to combine them. If anyone is still reading :thanks: for still being here. If not, I will just chat to myself. :blush:

I'm still here. Been gone a while. Sorry you had such a crappy experience there. I've had people try and cut in front of me when waiting. I wish they had a better solution. In FL a CM guards the door. You don't get in unless your pager goes off.

Wow amazing photos of you as a family and then the views from your hotel. I am loving your conceirge level. Shame you can't cut through the Grand anyone for the park.

Oh my re Trader Sams what a hot mess! Sorry to hear this that is a shame.

Looooooove staying on property and taking advantage of EMH and cutting through the Grand. I read that option is defunct now.

I recently read this. What a shame. This was so convenient.

I love that photo.

The service was absolutely horrific. Like beyond terrible. It took ages to get the bartender’s attention. DH and I both tended bar and we both know it is just not that hard especially in such a small venue. We always sit at the bar but this time we moved to a table hoping the service would be better.

What a shame.

Our server was sweet but so totally overwhelmed. Their non-wait list is a tragic fail. People were rude and took seats before it was their turn. I will be hard pressed to return. I had had two really wonderful experiences prior and had read about how bad it could be but was hoping to never experience it myself. Ugh. Trader Sam’s is OFF my to-do list. I felt fairly disappointed as I was really looking forward to sharing this place with DH.

I am sorry that the experience was so bad that you do not feel like going back.

If anyone is still reading :thanks: for still being here. If not, I will just chat to myself. :blush:

I am still here.

Corinna

I'm still here too. Been busy with real life and getting on the Dis has been particularly hard given that the system downtime is during 8 - 10 pm my time. With luck, this weekend's daylight saving may help with that.

Love your days so far.
So sorry about your dad. :hug:
Aww. That's such a shame about Trader Sam's.

That's an amazing stash of Mickey treats.

I'm still here. Been gone a while. Sorry you had such a crappy experience there. I've had people try and cut in front of me when waiting. I wish they had a better solution. In FL a CM guards the door. You don't get in unless your pager goes off.

The Trader Sam's in Florida sounds sooooo much better. After being a server/bartender for years, I have zero patience for poor service. Like none. Its just not that difficult to give good service or communicate as to why you cannot.

Glad you are back! Please link me when you begin your report. :hyper:

Wow amazing photos of you as a family and then the views from your hotel. I am loving your conceirge level. Shame you can't cut through the Grand anyone for the park.

Oh my re Trader Sams what a hot mess! Sorry to hear this that is a shame.

I know, me too. I really like the drinks at Trader Sam's.

The view was amazing! :cloud9:

I recently read this. What a shame. This was so convenient.

I love that photo.

What a shame.

I am sorry that the experience was so bad that you do not feel like going back.

I am still here.

Corinna

The cut through the Grand was convenient and I still don;t know why they changed it.

Glad you're still here. :)

I'm still here too. Been busy with real life and getting on the Dis has been particularly hard given that the system downtime is during 8 - 10 pm my time. With luck, this weekend's daylight saving may help with that.

Love your days so far.
So sorry about your dad. :hug:
Aww. That's such a shame about Trader Sam's.

That's an amazing stash of Mickey treats.

Real life always takes precedent. :hug:

Thank you for reminding me about Daylight Savings Time. :lmao:

My FIL is on the mend and in good spirits. Thank you. He really is such a good old egg. He knows I call him that. :teeth:

Enjoying your report!

:thanks: I'm glad. I am working on an update. Promise it won;t take as long as the last.

Glad you are back! Please link me when you begin your report. :hyper:

Re-entry is proving difficult this time. Probably because I have no future plans. As soon as I have something I will let you know. I was working on it yesterday. My skills in Photoshop are getting better and better!

I'm still here :hyper: :wave2:

What a great day besides the horrific Trader Sams debacle. Never received your appetizers??? They should have comped drinks :mad:

Look at all those CL yummies popcorn::

Why would they take out the cut through in the GC? How much sense does that make?

When's the next trip???

Why would they take out the cut through in the GC? How much sense does that make?

They switched up security for the resort. Now all of DTD, DL & DCA are behind security screening stations. People in the structure go through security before getting on the Tram. There is one near the DLH just before the ESPN zone for DTD, and the one on Harbor Blvd hasn't changed. Now at the GC they screen you in the hallway before entering DTD. It's really nice cause there's never a line. However it stinks for PPH and offsite guests. There is a guy on the corner of the GCH and West St checking room keys. The GCH has different colored ones than the other two resorts now. He sends all non guests over to the DTD gate near the DLH. You can drive on if you're a guest or certain other select groups.

They switched up security for the resort. Now all of DTD, DL & DCA are behind security screening stations. People in the structure go through security before getting on the Tram. There is one near the DLH just before the ESPN zone for DTD, and the one on Harbor Blvd hasn't changed. Now at the GC they screen you in the hallway before entering DTD. It's really nice cause there's never a line. However it stinks for PPH and offsite guests. There is a guy on the corner of the GCH and West St checking room keys. The GCH has different colored ones than the other two resorts now. He sends all non guests over to the DTD gate near the DLH. You can drive on if you're a guest or certain other select groups.

Ahhh, thanks so much for the info. I can't wait for my trip :hyper:

I've been lurking and reading your report. . . I'm so sorry to read about TraderSam's. We have so enjoyed going there on past trips. Sounds like they need to handle their lines there like they efficiently handle them on their rides throughout the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter