Let’s help new pin traders avoid the cheap pins

It is $1.45 including free shipping.

I am having trouble finding "reviews" of pinfinder. Everything I see my searching here is good though. The ebay seller has positive feedback. I am not sure which I feel better about. I want to get nice pins that we can trade and trade fairly.

Has anyone dealt with tooninterior on ebay? They have 100% feedback but I just wondered if anyone here has bought from them?

Well I purchased my first set of pins off ebay from a seller listing no propins, no sedsma, no euro. Make your own lot size. I figured I should start with 5 just in case. It cost me 12.75 USD including shipping to Canada. They arrived within a week and a half from California. I've located their numbers on pinpics and the pins seem in great shape, no dents, scratches, etc.. all have official disney stamp on back and other info listed on back according to pinpics. Here are the numbers of pins I got
31131 Patriotic Stitch,
62722 Hidden mickey completer pin singin bust,
64972WDW Name tags mystery tin -pluto,
66612WDW hidden mickey colourful mickey green series III,
66618 wdw hidden mickey charater outlines woody series III
As stated I'm a newbie, do you think I got a good deal? Or should I look to buy somewhere else next time

Well I purchased my first set of pins off ebay from a seller listing no propins, no sedsma, no euro. Make your own lot size. I figured I should start with 5 just in case. It cost me 12.75 USD including shipping to Canada. They arrived within a week and a half from California. I've located their numbers on pinpics and the pins seem in great shape, no dents, scratches, etc.. all have official disney stamp on back and other info listed on back according to pinpics. Here are the numbers of pins I got
31131 Patriotic Stitch,
As stated I'm a newbie, do you think I got a good deal? Or should I look to buy somewhere else next time

They look good to me and at less than $3 per pin with shipping I think that you got a great price. I tend to pay between $2 and $3 per pin but lately, it has been $3 per pin more often than not.

31131 Patriotic Stitch,

Can you let us know who the seller is?

It is $1.45 including free shipping.

I am having trouble finding "reviews" of pinfinder. Everything I see my searching here is good though. The ebay seller has positive feedback. I am not sure which I feel better about. I want to get nice pins that we can trade and trade fairly.

I have bought pins from pinfinder before and was very happy with them.

Now I need advice--I bought a lot of 50 pins from another seller who a friend had bought from. I went through all of them this weekend checking them on pinpics. There were several that said on pinpics could not be verified because of fakes circulating. I am willing to take a chance on those provided that they appear to be legit.

However, there were four that definitely appear to be fake. For example, pinpics said the back would be gold and if it was silver it was fake (and mine was silver). Should I just chalk it up or contact the seller and ask for them to exchange these four pins? What is the correct etiquette for something like this?

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Pinfinder is running a sale right now and I can get a lot there for $1.45 per pin. Is that a better deal? Same idea? Pinfinder doesn't show the exact pins you will get, but does say no propins, no sedesma, and no eurodisney pins.

also, just curious--where are you seeing this sale? I just looked on their site and the price was much more . . . . .

Now I need advice--I bought a lot of 50 pins from another seller who a friend had bought from. I went through all of them this weekend checking them on pinpics. There were several that said on pinpics could not be verified because of fakes circulating. I am willing to take a chance on those provided that they appear to be legit.

However, there were four that definitely appear to be fake. For example, pinpics said the back would be gold and if it was silver it was fake (and mine was silver). Should I just chalk it up or contact the seller and ask for them to exchange these four pins? What is the correct etiquette for something like this?

Good question. I just purchased my first set of pins off ebay from a seller listing no propins, no sedsma, no euro, only quality pins. After checking pinpics it appears that 9 out of the 10 are probably fakes due the quality look/dipping in the enamel. (Three are definitely fakes due to color or other issue.)

My seller said you must return all of the pins or none of the pins. I would return them all but by the time I sent them back insured...it is probably not worth my dealing with it.

You should report them to both Ebay and to tips@disneyantipiracy.com . I too got burned from an Ebay seller. I have filed a claim and am trying to get my $$$ back. I told her that I will not return the counterfeit pins for her to stick someone else with.

I have bought pins from pinfinder before and was very happy with them.

I've bought from pinfinder as well. One time I got a propin and contacted the seller about it. He gladly sent me another pin in the mail within days.

I'd contact the seller about your pins. I check all of mine on the web too for authenticity before going to the parks. Good Luck! :thumbsup2 I won't purchase pins from ebay. I don't dare to. :sad2:

-T

I've bought from pinfinder as well. One time I got a propin and contacted the seller about it. He gladly sent me another pin in the mail within days.

I'd contact the seller about your pins. I check all of mine on the web too for authenticity before going to the parks. Good Luck! :thumbsup2 I won't purchase pins from ebay. I don't dare to. :sad2:

-T

thanks--I think I'm going to stick with pinfinder from now on. He may be a little more expensive than the other guy but I just feel like he's on the up and up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter