Less than 30 days. Any suggestions for Father/son activities

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by Kevlar10, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Kevlar10

Kevlar10 Mouseketeer

Just wondering if there are any special or fun activities that I can share with my 2 sons (ages 9 and 12). We’ve done a lot of the things when they were younger but they are a little more “mature” now, in their words. We’ll be staying at the AKL and will be there Saturday through Saturday. Also attending MNSSHP. TIA

2. billybobblockhead

billybobblockhead Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Go get a dessert from Beaches and Cream if you haven't done so previously. Maybe you'll see my daughter working there!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

A day at the waterpark. Take the bus over to Port Orleans Riverside and try the fishing.

5. smiths02

smiths02 DIS Veteran

My DH and DS had a great time fishing around Epcot. It is a little pricey, but neat.
    My DS and I had fun at the Star Wars fireworks dessert party.

6. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

They may still have the night vision goggles at AKL. Go on a fishing excursion around WDW. I think your 9 year old may be too young for the Wild Africa Trek, but there used to be another safari breakfast you could do when staying at AKL. Not sure if ADRs are still available. Get your haircut on Main Street if there are openings? Or, maybe a barber shop shave? Boat around WDW. Challenge them to a game of mini-golf - there are several courses on Disney property.

Cinderella's Fella likes this.
  7. DisneyDadC

DisneyDadC Dis Dad Member #187 Keep calm and Dole Whip

I find the lack of sharing Well a dole whips any where in these comments a little disturbing. Well not sharing a dole whip but eating them together at same time while relaxing and enjoying the views