Les Miserables Lovers...3rd UPDATE 10/18: Movie Dates!

I saw a piece on the making of it during the previews today at the movies and it looks amazing.
I can't wait to see it! I forgot how much I loved this play. And surprisingly Anne Hathaway had me tearing up in the brief preview.

I know!!!

I am going to need an entire box of Kleenex for the movie! :sad:

Wow! I checked and there is only one of the performances that have at least two seats together. Most are sold out. :(

Jealous of everyone getting to see the show right now...I miss it in NY! Although there's talk that they might be bringing that production to Broadway possibly next year. Guess that depends how well the movies does!

And heads up for next week: new trailer is expected on October 16. There's a horrible-quality version floating around now - someone recorded a trailer playing on a street in Japan, but you can barely see a thing. But the official version is coming on 10/16.

Go for it, wickey!

You, and your DH, won't be disappointed!!

Well, no live performance for us. There are only a couple of performances with one (ONE!) seat available now. Guess I could leave DH behind, lol.

I've been watching Les Mis on youtube for a couple of days now. Is it wrong that I want to marry Colm Wilkinson?

We saw les mis in London in march with Ramin Karimloo as Valjean. He was amazing.

I like the youtube videos of him singing as well! And Alfie Boe. And John Owen-Jones. Heck - all of them - they all have their unique qualities. But, Colm is still my favorite. :)

I'm wondering if I would still be able to fly in January enough to go see it in Ft Laud. I used to live in Miami so I could stay with some friends or family down there. LOL

Ugadog- I have a great story of the last time I saw Les Mis in Ft laud. My friend and I had front row center seats and then we went to the stage door. We ended up going out with the cast to Dennys and hanging out with them the rest of the night. It was so much fun! The guy who played Enjolras was such a cutie (and a good kisser). ;) I wish I could remember his name!

Re-reading this post for this first time in a long time and remembered the first time we took DD#1 to see the show when we lived in London. She and DD#2 went to the stage door after the show (they called it "spooking") and when Nick Holder (Brujon) came out, DD#1 stuck out her hand, identified herself and told him how much she enjoyed the show. He thanked her and said "So, would you like to go for a drink?"

DD#1 declined because we were waiting for them and she had her under-age sister with her, but she gave him her phone number. He called the next day, they had lunch, and 24 years later, they still keep in (sporadic) touch.

Your evening with the cast sounds like such fun and to smooch with Enjolras! I hope you were able to take photos to remember that night!

Les Miz is far and away our family's favorite show and we've been so lucky to see it many times in many locations. Can't wait for the movie; Christmas dinner may have to wait until late evening!

Queen Colleen

Boy have I been swept up in Les Mis! Over the weekend, I ordered the 10th and 25th anniversary DVDs PLUS the two-disc CD of the original London cast. :) I'm listening to the youtube version of the 25th while I work.

Also -- a quick clip of Colm Wilkinson talking about being the priest in the upcoming movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrKgcBa24TY

Would love to hang out with any of the cast! :goodvibes

Jealous of everyone getting to see the show right now...I miss it in NY! Although there's talk that they might be bringing that production to Broadway possibly next year. Guess that depends how well the movies does!

And heads up for next week: new trailer is expected on October 16. There's a horrible-quality version floating around now - someone recorded a trailer playing on a street in Japan, but you can barely see a thing. But the official version is coming on 10/16.

Hey Jen, did the new trailer come out?

I did a quick check on YouTube today and didn't see anything. :confused3

Hey Jen, did the new trailer come out?

I did a quick check on YouTube today and didn't see anything. :confused3

It got moved to November. There was a terrible quality version of it from Japan floating around, but it looks like that's been taken down.

The script actually turned up online last week. (that's since been taken down too). I read about a third of it. It's amazing!

It got moved to November. There was a terrible quality version of it from Japan floating around, but it looks like that's been taken down.

The script actually turned up online last week. (that's since been taken down too). I read about a third of it. It's amazing!

Cool!

So does the movie have actual spoken dialogue, instead of it all being sung through?

Cool!

So does the movie have actual spoken dialogue, instead of it all being sung through?

It has some spoken dialogue, but it has the sung-through dialogue as well, and none of the songs from the show have been cut, although some, like "Turning", have been shortened. Others have some new lyrics, since the movie setting is different than on stage, and others have been rearranged - like "Lovely Ladies" now comes before "I Dreamed a Dream" (which you can tell from the trailer, since her hair is already cut when she's singing it).

There's also a new song called "Suddenly", that Valjean sings after taking Cosette from the Thenardiers, about suddenly becoming a father. There's a lyric change there that I love too: in the show, Cosette asked Valjean "Will there be children and castles to see?", in the script, she sings "Will you be just like a Papa to me?"

There a lot more between Valjean and Javert - and a fight! There were some new lyrics there too. Gavroche has some new lyrics during "Look Down" too. He's leading a group of kids through the streets (I believe they're the running kids you see in the trailer), and he singing his parts of the song to them. He also emerges out of the Elephant of the Bastille, which we saw from those set pics a few months ago.

They've also incorporated a bunch of stuff from the original Victor Hugo novel into the movie now. I've put those in white text below so you can highlight them to see (didn't want to spoil it) -but this is all from the book, and now part of the movie:

-Fantine sells her teeth as well as her locket and hair
-Gavroche and Eponine are brother and sister
-Marius' grandfather is in the movie
-Valjean hides with Cosette in a convent after taking her from the Thernardiers, and the groundskeeper who hides them from Javert is the man Valjean rescued from the runaway cart
-Gavroche is the one who takes the letter to Valjean about Marius being at the barricade

But it's completely intact from the stage version, nothing has been cut or tampered with. I heard the screenings have run nearly 3 hours, so it's going to be epic.

The movie poster is starting to turn up in theaters now too. I took this about two weeks ago:

lesmisposter.jpg

And there are other official character posters:

lesmizvaljean.jpg

javertposter.jpg

fantine.jpg

cosette.jpg

I just finished the book yesterday (a whopping 1500 pages!) and am so thrilled for this movie to come out!! Will be interesting to see how much they have to cut to fit this story into a 3-hour movie. Gosh.... so many interwoven events & details!!

There's a lyric change there that I love too: in the show, Cosette asked Valjean "Will there be children and castles to see?", in the script, she sings "Will you be just like a Papa to me?"

I love this lyric change too! I always laugh at the original lyric because he says yes and that's just a straight up lie! :lmao:

Thanks for the info! I'm sooooo excited for this movie!

Okay, I searched and found it. Oh my god, I'm tearing up just at the trailer!!! I agree with whoever said Russel Crow singing One Day More is not that convincing and you HAVE to be convincing with that song so we'll see......

It looks like it's going to be amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter