Legoland FL Review from a Disney fanatic

We're visiting the park the week after the water park opens (May 26). We are planning on staying 2 days, basically the first for the park and the second for the water park and anything we didn't do the first day. We're staying at the Liki Tiki Village on Hwy. 192, our first non-disney hotel.

I'll report back after we get home.

How exciting!! Please report back to us after your trip re: the waterpark. Can't wait to hear. Have a great time!

We visited Legoland yesterday and the day before. I highly recommend getting there early if you plan to ride the roller coasters. Field trips start arriving around 10 am. After that all of the coaster lines are much longer. 3 of the coasters only run one car, so very slow inefficient loading and unloading. Still, we enjoyed our visit. Our kids were the perfect age and we had Buy first day, get second day free tickets from AAA. I do not think we will ever visit again, and would have been disappointed if we paid full price.

As most people on this post agree, Legoland FL is way overpriced
unless you get an advanced coupon, and then still may be looked at as a ripoff.
We were lucky enough to get a generous neighbors unused free pass for 2 adults
and am certainly glad we did not pay the 80.00 pp admission. Legoland is part
of the amusement park segment of up and coming, family owned, Merlin Entertainment.
They are chasing Disney big time (as a whole) and are doing quite well financially.
But if they ever do catch Disney it will be only in $$, certainly not quality.
1st stop the parking lot. Of course the up-sell to premium parking (20.00 vs 12.00)
at the toll booth. Are you kidding? Great cash grab.A few inattentive parking lot
attendants more interested in visiting with each other than getting you parked.
Crappy looking garbage cans (obviously left over from
the previous owners of this park) No nicely painted cans here like at Disney.
No trams either to transport guests. On a busy day, you could be left to walk
a long way to the entrance and back to your car. Hope it's not raining! Like
seeing cigarette butts all over the asphalt? Don't see that at Disney. Do you
see debris laying around Disney? First thing we noticed at Legoland. Then
came the turnstiles. One line open, and cast members (oops I mean MC's)
struggling to get paper tickets to scan with obvious frustration. Got to
say they were friendly though. Rarely get a smile from Disney turnstile
workers. Got a push to buy an annual pass right at the turnstile.. we said
we'd see if we liked the place first. The rest of our experience is already
pretty well commented on. Slow food lines ( I got a different sandwich from
what I ordered),, didn't feel like waiting in line again so I just ate it.
Rides are what they describe as 'pink knuckle', some little more than fancied
up county fair rides. The newer rides are housed in elaborate structure but
offer little in comparison to Universal or Disney. Understood that the
marketing is towards younger children.. but the pricing to get in suggests
more expectations. No parades, cheesy shows, no fireworks, park closes early.
Legoland really is not even close to Disney and will probably
play 'second fiddle' to them forever. They are charging premium dollars
but offer just par entertainment. Attention to detail is lacking big time.
Paint something for pete's sake..
Bottom line.. We would gladly pay the 10.00 more that the Disney ticket
costs to get that Disney Clean and Disney Quality.

I didn't read all of your review yet, I just wanted to say that you stayed in my town!! :) Also, good call on skipping our mall, it is the worst!! lol

Thank you for all the honest reviews.

We are debating this for our arrival day on our next Disney trip. DH wants to and I am hesitant. I think it is too expensive and would cut into my precious Disney time. Even if we get the Buy 1 Get 1 it is still so costly. We would have 3 adults/kids. Plus we would need to rent a car or find some other form of transportation from MCO.

If DH really wants to go I am considering suggesting he, FIL and a kid or two go. That would result in a smaller rental car and less car seat issues. I'll take ME with the other kid or two, check in at our resort and maybe catch the afternoon MK parade. But will I regretting missing Legoland?!?

Another questions:
We would be arriving at Legoland around noon. It will be a Monday in Nov. I know the park is not open late, I think 5pm. Do you think it would be too crowded at that time to bother going? Will 5 hours be enough time to get most of the park done?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter