• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LeCellier disappointing! and other dining reviews

Wow. My family absolutely adored LeCellier. I believe it was the best steak we have ever had! I loved the maple steak. There was not any fat on it at all. It was really amazing to me. In fact, we liked it so much that my fiance and I are going back for our honeymoon.

Oh, and we're also eating inside the castle for the first time in August too. We're so excited! :cool1:

My husband and I love LeCellier. I think it must be hard for them to live up to people's expectations especially when they are so highly rated/recommended. Anything less than great would, understandably, seem like a disappointment.

I'm honestly glad to see more people voicing their dissapointed experiences at Le Cellier. I've eaten at this establishment many times over the years, and it is one of the more inconsistent and overhyped restaurants in all of WDW. The food at Le Cellier, if you manage to catch them on a day when they are preparing the food properly, is good, not great. . . . far from great. The food, on every occasion I have dined there, has been no better than what you might expect from a commercial chain steakhouse found in Anytown, USA, for a fraction of the cost. When the best and most common praise you find for a steakhouse is how good the soup and bread is, that's really a warning sign.

I think many people rush to Le Cellier because it is one of the few establishments that advertises itself as a steakhouse at WDW. I really encourage people to try Shula's at the Dolphin for a real steakhouse and a fantastic dining experience.

I hope that ADR's for lunch are better wait times than dinners. We have noon ressie in September. No dinner ADR's even available. One good thing is that it doesn't take two dining credits per person like so many other well reviewed places.

I hope I don't have to wait too long either. I am going twice in September, maybe I got lucky with being a solo diner because I rang and booked them both last night.

I agree that it's inconsistent. We've had very good meals there, and so-so meals there. I don't know why it is SO popular. We went back in November and it was very good. But, the time before we went was July 2005 and it was just incredibly average. And they had the air conditioning cranking to the point that I had to get up every 15 minutes and go outside for a minute to soak up some heat. It was like a cave in there. The service was bad during that visit too. Slow slow slow to the point of ridiculousness.

PamNC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter