Leaving on Tues: some final ?'s//character meals

HomemakerCarol

Earning My Ears
Hi - I'm sooo happy I found these forums - you're all great!

This trip we are not going to any of the Disney Theme Parks (2 of our 5 days in Orlando at Seaworld then off to Long Boat Key). We did Chef Mickeys Buffet last year - what would be your next choice for a family w/3 kids under 5? Is there one w/Lion King characters? Or Pooh Characters? We want a Dinner that is not within one of the Disney theme

We have a couple of free days and being budget minded I'd like to find some local playgrounds. Any suggestions? We will probably go to Downtown Disney (love the lego area). I looked up Lake Eola Park - has anyone been there? Do they have a big playground?

Thanks in advance for any help! (Now I'm hopping over to Priceline to see about a minivan - then I'll cancel my current reservation!)

- Carol

You may be out of luck finding a character meal at DD. Fulton's Crab House used to have a character breakfast. You might check there. Also, the Rainforest Cafe is big fun, but is not considered a character meal. As far as the resorts go, you might try Minnie's character breakfast at Poly. One last thought is going to the Hoop Dee Doo review or the All American BBQ. If you can still get tickets. Good luck!

You may already know this, but Sea World has the grandaddy of all play areas just behind Shamu stadium. It's HUGE!!! Also, there's a McDonald's at the corner of International Drive and Sand Lake that has a big playground (about 3 stories tall).

The Orlando Science Museum may be not be exactly what you're looking for, but you might want to check on it. (888-672-4386) I've seen family passes up for auction on www.ibidusa.com several times.

Our family always enjoyed Gatorland. It's pretty easy to get discounted tickets. We've had all ages with us, and they loved it. (800-393-JAWS)

How about going to Fort Wilderness one evening for the campfire program? It starts with a sing-along around a huge campfire with Chip & Dale. You can roast marshallows (they sell "kits" there or you can bring your own). Then, they show 2 full-length Disney movies on the outdoor screen. There's benches & bleachers to sit on. There's also a concession stand, called the Chuckwagon, that sells popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, ice cream, candy, pop, etc.

It's a fun way to spend a relaxing evening! The kids love it! And, best of all - it's free! (Except for the food, of course).

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

Last time we were at Artist point It was a Pooh Breakfast. The food is good as well as the interactions. It is in the Wilderness Lodge. The Villian dinner at 1900 Park Fare is the only other dinner that I know of( besides Chef Mickey) that is not in a park.
Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest