Le Cellier or Teppanyaki?

mello

DIS Veteran
We've got to choose one. Which one do you prefer and why?

:confused3 melinda

We like both. LeCellier has a more romantic type atmosphere and you have a table to yourself while Teppanyaki you get the "cooking show" and are seated with others until the table is full. Food wise, both are good. I feel that with either one you can't go wrong.

I would pick LeCellier. The service and food were among the best we have had at WDW. Definitely try the cheese soup!

If you have to choose, I don't envy you your decision!

Each restaurant is different both in style and substance. I suppose if I was told I could only go to one or the other, it would be Le Cellier--although I love Teppanyaki equally.

I would choose Le Cellier over Teppanyaki for a couple of different reasons. First, I can grill my own meat, vegetables, etc in the Japanese style. Although I can also grill a mean steak, I cannot duplicate the pretzel bread, cheese soup combo! :) My husband swears the steak at Le Cellier is one of the best he's ever eaten. I, personally, prefer the tenderloin salad and cheddar cheese soup with the breads. Our son loves the chicken sandwich, soup, and bread. Le Cellier's bill has always come out less than Teppanyaki, too. We've found the service to be very good at Le Cellier as well.

The downside of Teppanyaki, hence the sway to Le Cellier, dining with others--it's a luck of the draw thing--we've had great table mates and those who wouldn't speak. Likewise, we've had great teppan cooks who were quite animated and made this an entertaining and yummy experience. We've also had some who barely spoke and had no skills other than cooking.

All of that said, I love the lobster, shrimp, and scallops at Teppanyaki. . .maybe I should change that vote. . . ;)

I'm a proud carnivore and would rank LeCellier as a good steakhouse. Service is fantastic and the ambiance is nice, but there are better steakhouses in WDW (Yachtsmens or Shulas).

I'm also a HUGE fan of Hibachi cooking. Teppanyaki offers a nice taste of it. If you are expecting a Benihana type meal, you'll almost get what you want (unless you love the fried rice which Teppanyaki doesn't offer).

I'd recommend doing dinner at LeCellier and grabbing counter service from the Yakitori House. You'll get a mixture of everything!

I sould vote for Le Cellier. Teppanyaki is okay, I love that kind of restaurant and food but don't love the one here. If you have any kind of Japanese steakhouse at home chances are the food is better. We find the food at Teppanyaki to be blander than those we go to and not as much. Le Cellier is one of our favorites and I had a great meal there once again last month.

That is tough. We love both.

Le Cellier - The breadsticks are awesome. The cheese soup is fantastic and the food is excellent.

Teppanyaki- The show is fun, the food is great!

We usually do both each time we go. Le Cellier is the one that we have not always done on each trip. Teppanyaki is a must do. Both are awesome but different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter