Le Cellier new menu? OFFICIAL New Menu Discussion

$6 for a side of mashed potatoes about the size of a half dollar seems very, very steep :scared:

They have always let you get the cream cheese mashed instead of the rissoto for free. Is this still the case? Thanks

Hi guys,

Are the current menus on the official Disney site, the correct ones? Will I be able to order from the Prix Fixe menu?

This trip will be my first time eating at Le Cellier, and I am soo excited!!

We just ate there on Saturday night. If you anybody has any questions shoot them at me.

First, this was my first time so I can't compare before/after. The food was top notch though, my salad was good and the mushroom filet was on par with the higher class steak places (Charlies, Ruth Chris...) :thumbsup2 I was not impressed with the trio of chocolate but that may just be me. My wife enjoyed the charred pork and loved the cheese soup and maple creme brulee (her new favorite dessert.)

Again food was top notch but service was terribly lacking, Daniel our waiter was good but appeared to be terribly overwhelmed. I get the feeling they force the waiters to take on too many tables which should NEVER happen in a "signature" restaurant. Our dinner took over 2 hours and multiple people around us had the same complaint. I don't mind a slow relaxing dinner but when there a huge pauses waiting for drink refills, the bill and so on thats an issue.

By the way, for anyone who has not figured this out by the menu prices, this is NOT a kids restaurant! I was delighted to have been sat in between 2 family's, the one to my left had a child which kept running to the other side of the table bumping me multiple times in the process and sneezed on my wife (no covering of mouth or apology) and to my right was an small child playing with everything on the table. Way to set the mood/atmosphere. To be clear, if your children are well behaved I have no issue but when your children are ill-behaved and you proceed to do nothing about it I have an issue. I also don't blame the kids, I know I never would of have wanted to sit through a 2 hour dinner in an upscale restaurant while at Disney.

All in all, food was top notch (they need more dessert choices) but the rest of the experience was severely lacking to be considered a "signature" restaurant especially at that price point.

Edit: Forgot to add try the "Poutine" fries they were amazing!

Hi guys,

Are the current menus on the official Disney site, the correct ones? Will I be able to order from the Prix Fixe menu?

This trip will be my first time eating at Le Cellier, and I am soo excited!!

There was no prix fixe at least not for dinner.

How did you feel the salt level was? I'm fairly sensitive to salt I realize but the two times I tried Le Cellier- the food was sea water salty and I have heard others express issues with saltiness.

By the way, for anyone who has not figured this out by the menu prices, this is NOT a kids restaurant!

There is no restaurant experience anywhere in which it is ok to allow your child to run around and sneeze on people. I don't care if it's McDonalds. The parents need to get control of the situation.

However, being this is a restaurant in the middle of a theme park, it is probably you who should change your expectations. Le Cellier is a restaurant for everyone. They won't turn anyone away based on age. It very much IS a restaurant for kids and you wanting it to be otherwise won't change that, I'm afraid. If you want some sort of fancy dining experience without kids you'll need to hit V&A's or some other place outside of the theme parks - and the 'World in general.

This is one of the reasons I don't believe ANY restaurant (other than the two dinner shows) is worth 2 table services at Disney. Outside of Disney a restaurant at these prices would not be full of kids.

I also had dinner here last night. The food (steak tartare, duck entree, poutine, and Mont Blanc semifreddo was all very good. Of these dishes, the poutine is the only one I've tried both before and after the menu change, and it's much improved. Also, the breads haven't changed. Will post pics later.

My server, Jackie, was really good. Friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. However, I don't think the atmosphere feels very signature. Tables are still crammed together, and the large majority of people in theme park attire was very noticeable. I would go back for the food - I noticed that everyone at other tables was happy with their dishes, including the asparagus app, caesar salad, cheddar soup, filet, strip steak, and venison.

Since Le Cellier remains esconsed within a theme park, a high level of theme park attire and a fair # of children should be expected...

Also, they do have a children's menu (and a very good one, too - much better than the standard PB&J and mac & cheese offered at other locations). If a resturant does not cater to children, they do not offer a children's menu.

Just because I have children doesn't mean I have to eat at McDonalds or Applebees every night when we're on vacation.

I'm extremely upset about the changes to dinner. This is my family's first vacation in 18 years and my mom and I worked extremely hard on making the ADR's to restaurants that everyone would be happy with. We looked through all the menus carefully and made our reservations accordingly. It never crossed my mind that with it becoming 2-TB that the menu would be changing. My family is paying OOP and Mom and I had figured that at least 2 of the 4 of us would eat off the Chef's Favorite Menu which was a good deal for the amount. Now the entrees we thought we would be enjoying are no longer on the menu and no more Canadian Moose???? We've always wanted to try LC but now I'm having my doubts. What a bummer!

Just so you all don't get fooled by their "Canadian AAA" beef description, it's exactly the same as our USDA Choice cuts (which is what you find in most grocery stores)

beefqu11.jpg

It's just a way for Disney to try to pull the wool over your eyes or make you think you're getting a better cut of meat than you were getting before. It's not....it just cost a lot more now.:confused3

There is no restaurant experience anywhere in which it is ok to allow your child to run around and sneeze on people. I don't care if it's McDonalds. The parents need to get control of the situation.

However, being this is a restaurant in the middle of a theme park, it is probably you who should change your expectations. Le Cellier is a restaurant for everyone. They won't turn anyone away based on age. It very much IS a restaurant for kids and you wanting it to be otherwise won't change that, I'm afraid. If you want some sort of fancy dining experience without kids you'll need to hit V&A's or some other place outside of the theme parks - and the 'World in general.

This is one of the reasons I don't believe ANY restaurant (other than the two dinner shows) is worth 2 table services at Disney. Outside of Disney a restaurant at these prices would not be full of kids.

So just because it's in Epcot means its ok for that stuff to happen? You first say no its not regardless but then say I should change my expectations, it can't be both?

No restaurant serving $40 steaks and claiming to be a signature restaurant is kid friendly that's common sense. Never in a million years would I bring a child to a restaurant like that. Don't forget its essentially a dark cave (no shows, no characters, no giant aquariums) not much in the way of kid friendly. I will say again though if a kid if well behaved nobody should have an issue, I certainly wouldn't.

The old Le Cellier I could possibly see being more kid friendly as it was cheaper and was not trying to be "signature"

The way I figure Disney has 2 choices with Le Cellier, since they are pushing it as a signature restaurant they can treat it as such and likely have a hit as the food is top notch or they can run it as it is currently with shotty service and kids running a muck and allow the restaurant reputation to take a shot. If they choose the 2nd choice, my guess would be Le Cellier reservations will no longer be 180 day mandatory reservations.

Can't charge prices based on being a top notch restaurant and not live up to it.

How did you feel the salt level was? I'm fairly sensitive to salt I realize but the two times I tried Le Cellier- the food was sea water salty and I have heard others express issues with saltiness.

Outside of the Poutine fries "which should be salty" I found no issues with saltyness

Also, they do have a children's menu (and a very good one, too - much better than the standard PB&J and mac & cheese offered at other locations). If a resturant does not cater to children, they do not offer a children's menu.

Just because I have children doesn't mean I have to eat at McDonalds or Applebees every night when we're on vacation.

No where did I say that, to be clear, but is a restaurant going by "signature" status really a goal to take your kids too? If it is go for it, but there's a certain amount of manners to be expected in that class "signature." There are also what 12 or so other restaurants in Epcot that A) aren't considered signature or B) don't have kids menus and have a dress code (Bistro)

I'll be the first to admit I may be jaded because of the lack of manners by the kids (and parents) around us, I just don't understand the reasoning of taking a child there. We ate in Germany the night before and you won't find me saying about the kids in there. Its expected and obvious

Anyway I doubt the point of this topic is kids or no kids in signature restaurants... :upsidedow

To just address the "kid topic"....we went last September and took our 5 year old daughter to Narcoossee's, Flying Fish, Coral Reef and Le Cellier. Not once was I worried about her behaviour. She knew that we were eating in a nice restaurant and we were going to practice using our "restaurant manners". (she's not the running around / screaming kind of kid anyway).

I think you can bring your kids anywhere if you tell them in advance what to expect and how they are expected to behave. I love my daughter and want her to experience alot of different things...not just McDonalds. We did see one little boy acting up and getting, well, agitated. The parents did nothing. THAT is the problem.... and our DD whispered to me "that little boy needs to use his restaurant manners" :lmao: it was kind of funny when she said it.

But please, don't be down on all kids. They're not all screaming monsters. Sorry....I know this is off topic...but I kind of felt compelled to defend the parent's of young kids out there !! :grouphug:

Does anyone know if, when you call Disney to make a Le Cellier reservation, do you have to give a credit card number now that it is a signature dining experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter