Lazy Boy furniture- good quality?

All we have is a recliner and we have had it for 11 years. It still works just fine and the cushion is all there. My husband loves the chair. And the arms have held up to posteriors using them for seats.:thumbsup2

We bought our couches from Ashely though. They have recline features...and are very comfy.

If you are looking at their motion furniture (the recliners), I believe it's very good quality. I wouldn't buy regular couches there, but for reclining couches, yes. We have a Lazy Boy recliner couch and chair in our basement (leather) and it's held up great over 6 years.

If you are looking at their motion furniture (the recliners), I believe it's very good quality. I wouldn't buy regular couches there, but for reclining couches, yes. We have a Lazy Boy recliner couch and chair in our basement (leather) and it's held up great over 6 years.

Just to add, mine is not motion, not reclining and it's holding up great after 5.5 years. Ours is fabric. So we have the opposite of what you have and yet ours is holding up great as well. I'd say you can get great furniture from them as long as you are willing to research the level of fabric (make sure it's on the higher grade of their fabric) or leather (I've never bought leather and won't after I've seen what my mother in law's looks like but if there are grades to leather, get a higher grade)

Just to add, mine is not motion, not reclining and it's holding up great after 5.5 years. Ours is fabric. So we have the opposite of what you have and yet ours is holding up great as well. I'd say you can get great furniture from them as long as you are willing to research the level of fabric (make sure it's on the higher grade of their fabric) or leather (I've never bought leather and won't after I've seen what my mother in law's looks like but if there are grades to leather, get a higher grade)

Or you can upgrade to their highest grade of fabric and it could shred. And the cording could come out of the cushions on the couch...like what happened to ours after a year.

All we have is a recliner and we have had it for 11 years. It still works just fine and the cushion is all there. My husband loves the chair. And the arms have held up to posteriors using them for seats.:thumbsup2

We bought our couches from Ashely though. They have recline features...and are very comfy.

Probably sometime in the last 11 years is when La-Z-Boy got lazy and sloppy. When you call up La-Z-boy and complain, first they will try to tell you that their furniture is not made of shirt cardboard, but out of regular corrugated cardboard. I guess they think that means its top notch stuff. At least they didn't claim it was a "green program" to save the forests.

When you tell them that you cut the furniture open and have picture proof of what is inside then they will stop the conversation and inform you that your pieces cannot be returned.

Now that's customer service for you!

We bought our cardboard furniture straight from La-Z-Boy.

Maybe some of their furniture is good - maybe not. You won't know until after you can't return it. Save your money - don't end up with $3K worth of leather wrapped cardboard like me.

I'll say AGAIN that I would not buy furniture in future without turning it over in the store and taking a look at the framework of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter