Laying down the Gauntlet

stemikger

DIS Veteran
This one goes out to all the Dave Ramsey fans out there.

I have been pushed to go gazelle intense after this August. I had a talk with my wife and said I am willing to give up going away for the next 3 years in order to payoff the mortgage.

I figure, we can still do weekend things, but 3 years is a small price to pay to be mortgage free.

Has anybody else given something up in order to win.

Would love to hear yor responses.

Congrats and I hope you meet it. It's a great feeling to be completely out of debt including your house! :woohoo: Now that we don't have any payments we can easily afford to fix-up the house and save for retirement.

We are planning our WDW trip but we have never ever been on a family vacation. The last trip we took was our honeymoon 10 years ago! :rotfl2: So this trip is long overdue and definitely deserved. Our son is 7 so really dragging him around WDW as a much younger child is not something we wanted so this works out better for us. I know we will enjoy it much more knowing we can truely afford it. ;)

Again that is a wonderful attitude and don't forget, "Live Like No One Else so You can Live Like No One Else!". It's a great motto that I remind myself from time to time. We also gave up cable, no cell phone for many years (now it's prepaid but still a phone), and pretty much lots of extras. We still live without many extras but we do have cable. I got a great deal on bundling phone, cable, and internet for $100/mo plus we have a DVR. I know I could be cheaper but we can afford to splurge and I really need unlimited long distance since we are very rural. I can't get those VOIP services since none are offered here yet. So we have digital phone with all the extras at $30/mo still a bargain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter