LAX Hotels

We have chosen the Radisson after much research for our quick overnight. I hope it's ok there :blush:

hey...
we stayed at the radisson for 5 nights last sept....nice hotel...around a 3.5 star standard....the shuttle comes every half hour from the hotel...they usually have a hot yoga course going, so expect 100 yoga students sweating and dripping all over the place....pool is ok, nothing spectacular, but rooms are clean and comfy...and the food /bar downstairs makes an awesome burger and pizza.....it doesnt have a room safe.

for the $63 a night I got, it was money well spent.....:wave2:

Cheers TravelMum. I think I will opt for the Travelodge for the dayroom. Our layover allows us about 6 hours free-time before we need to check-in for the flight home. So we'll probably mainly only use the hotel as a dumping ground for our luggage while we take the bus to Manhatten Beach for a look around and lunch. Then, we'll probably just return for a short swim and shower and then head to the airport. So in all reality, we don't need anything flash.

Have you just got back from your holiday? If so, welcome back and how was it?

re the shuttle bus to manhatten beach..it always runs really late/ not to schedule or doesnt come at all.......so just plan to grab a cab back to the hotel if you are time poor...we waited over an hour past pick up time at macys for the shuttle, the guy was so rude...no tip for you...

australiankaren said:
re the shuttle bus to manhatten beach..it always runs really late/ not to schedule or doesnt come at all.......so just plan to grab a cab back to the hotel if you are time poor...we waited over an hour past pick up time at macys for the shuttle, the guy was so rude...no tip for you...

That's good to know. Thanks for the heads-up. I might even do some investigating into how much a taxi would cost to the Santa Monica/Venice Beach area. We stayed in Santa Monica last time we were in LA and found the area quite interesting. Unless people think Manhatten Beach is better??? I've never been to Manhatten Beach.

australiankaren said:
for the $63 a night I got, it was money well spent.....:wave2:

$63! Now that is the kind of price I was hoping to pay. How long ago was that, and where did you find that deal?

I was expecting most hotels to be around the $100 mark, so when I went onto a whole bunch of hotel sites and saw that the average was more like $200 during my stay, I was gutted.

$63! Now that is the kind of price I was hoping to pay. How long ago was that, and where did you find that deal?

I was expecting most hotels to be around the $100 mark, so when I went onto a whole bunch of hotel sites and saw that the average was more like $200 during my stay, I was gutted.

hotels.com was the site I used...you just have to keep hunting...and it was payment up front..hope it helps:thumbsup2

That's good to know. Thanks for the heads-up. I might even do some investigating into how much a taxi would cost to the Santa Monica/Venice Beach area. We stayed in Santa Monica last time we were in LA and found the area quite interesting. Unless people think Manhatten Beach is better??? I've never been to Manhatten Beach.

manhatten beach is awesome..they have a cupcake place that won cupcake wars..heres a few photos....worth the effort

cDgJol.jpg

jD11Kl.jpg

hYRhZl.jpg

M6fnxl.jpg

australiankaren said:
manhatten beach is awesome..they have a cupcake place that won cupcake wars..heres a few photos....worth the effort

Awesome. Thanks for the info Karen :-)

Thanks Karen, we will only be there from around 11pm until 6am so we probably won't see the pool or any food. Just hope the shuttle gets us there on time and we get a good wake up call!

We stayed at the Magic Castle in LA, I remember it was cheap, I cant remember how much though, it was great there, right next to the main hollywood stretch, with a pool, wifi, free breakfast, and free snacks and drinks as well through the day. I loved it!

Hi,

I have twice stayed at the Westin Los Angeles Airport for a good price. I just checked on kayak.com for a random date and got $117 including tax. They offer a shuttle and while not as nice as a Westin in Australia, it is still nice. For the money it is very good value.

Greg

I went through Hotwire and booked one of those mystery hotel deals. The great thing about those mystery deals is that it's pretty easy to work out what you're going to get. All the clues hinted at the fact that the four star deal was for the Sheraton Gateway, so I wasn't surprised when I got..... The Sheraton Gateway. It looks clean and tidy and perfectly comfortable for the short time we'll be there.

I was coming in to recommend priceline or hotwire. We booked the Hilton through one of these and got a great rate. When the specific hotel isn't that important to me, just the location and star rating then I'll use those sites every time. :thumbsup2

We had no problem with the shuttle, we got off at I think 4 or 5 different places and found that we didn't have too long to wait for a shuttle to pick us up when we were done. Two of the drivers were lovely - one of them recommended where we should stop and have a look and told us a heap of other great information, and the other one laughed at us because we ran the whole way across a large betabuy car park to get on, and the next stop was where we ran from :lmao: ... I guess you had to be there, but it was pretty funny...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter