Laura & Gary Wedding Trip Report - FINISHED!!

Monday 18th December;

We woke up quite early – we were flying home today. We had been given a 2pm checkout which was great as the coach was picking us up at 2:15pm to go to the airport. We head out of our room to the concierge lounge to have breakfast. Our room was on the same floor which was nice. After we had eaten breakfast we headed to the Magic Kingdom for the last time. I couldn’t believe how crowded it was today! There were huge queues for every ride! We grabbed some fast passes for Buzz Lightyear and went off to do Space Mountain. Afterwards we got an ice cream on main street and sat down by the water to eat it. We then wandered through the shops on Main Street and headed back to the Grand Floridian. We had some snacks in the concierge lounge as I always get some lunch at the airport to kill time! We went back to the room – had a shower and got changed into something more comfy for travelling home in and headed downstairs to check out. Check out was quick and we left our case with Bell Services. We had about another hour before the coach would be picking us up so we decided to go and sit and have a drink outside by the marina.

It felt like no sooner had we sat down than it was time to leave! We picked up our case and went outside to wait for the coach – the coach turned up on time and we were soon on our way back to the airport. The queue at Check in was pretty empty and we got checked in really quickly. We had a walk through some of the shops before deciding to head through to departures! We got through pretty quickly and headed straight for the duty free shops! We picked up some Jack Daniels for my Dad and a Brandy for my mum and some more perfume for me! We paid for those and headed over to the other shop to get some snacks and bottles of water for on the flight and Gary picked up a couple of sports Magazines to read on the flight. By this time we were getting pretty hungry so we headed to the Outback Steakhouse for some lunch – this place does great Chicken Wings!! We got a seat looking out onto the runway and had a leisurely lunch and drink. It was getting on a bit and our check in had opened so we got the bill and the waitress had forgotten to put our drinks on it – so the good moral people that we are left her a nice tip and legged it!!

We went to the loo and picked up our duty free and got on the plane – we had a plane with the games so Gary was pleased! I was pleased as we had one of thoses rows of 2 at the back. The plane was pretty empty so we moved our stuff across and took up 2 rows of 4 at the back so we could both have a sleep on the way back! We ate our dinner and both fell asleep for several hours – I woke up just as they were serving the rather questionable breakfast – because of the wind our flight had been under 8 hours on the way back which was super! We got freshened up and we landed right on time!

We got through customs really quickly and I couldn’t believe my luck when our case was first off – we were out of the airport in no time and our taxi was ready waiting for us! We were home in about 2 hours and I thought great I can go to bed – Not So!!

When we got home we noticed that we had a big damp patch on the ceiling in our Dining Room – and through in the kitchen. We went upstairs and pulled back the laminate floor in the bathroom and noticed that the floor was all wet. A pipe from our shower had broken and had been leaking whilst we were away! So we had an exciting call to a Plumber and our insurance company before we could finally go to bed! A wet welcome back to reality!!

Final Thoughts;

High Points-

Welcome Party – im so glad I decided to have this at Ohanas – to me it really has that Disney feel to it and we had a fabulous time!

Segway Tours as presents for Wedding Party – they are still raving about this! Im so glad I did this instead of the more traditional gift!

The Wedding – where do I begin! I couldn’t fault anything – the flowers were gorgeous – the locations were gorgeous! The food was delicious – the cake was scrummy!

DJ Charles Miles – was awesome! He got everyone up dancing away all night!

Illuminations Dessert Party – I couldn’t imagine a better way of ending our wedding!

MVMCP – It was such good fun with all 28 people of us!

The Magic Kingdom Photo Shoot – it was awful getting up that early but I got some great pictures that most people wont get so im thrilled with that!

The Cruise – fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!!

The Grand Floridian – A fantastic way to end our holiday! We were treated really well here with the upgrade, free champagne etc It was really special!

Low Points –

I don’t really have any low points but the Yacht Club did not live up to my expectations!

Well im finally finished with my recaps – a grand 3 months almost since I got back!!

Laura thanks for sharing your wonderful trip, those last few days were awesome and the GF concierge too. What wonderful memories you must have.

Laura

What a shame your report is over. I loved reading every minute of it, looking at the pictures and also watching your video.

I loved all the special touches you organised for your wedding and what a great way to finish with a honeymoon on a Disney Cruise.

Do you have any more trips planned?

Tammy

Laura, what a great report I have really enjoyed it. I love the GF it's my favourite Disney hotel, we stayed here when we got married in December 2000. The cruise was a great way to finish your holday!

Laura

What a shame your report is over. I loved reading every minute of it, looking at the pictures and also watching your video.

I loved all the special touches you organised for your wedding and what a great way to finish with a honeymoon on a Disney Cruise.

Do you have any more trips planned?

Tammy

Thanks Tammy! I actually enjoyed writing it once i got the time!!

Yes we do have another trip planned for September (including another cruise!)

Cant wait - now i can finally get round to doing some planning!

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful wedding and honeymoon with us, Laura. I am quite sad that it has come to an end, and will look forward to reading your next report.

Laur's princess:

i just want to echo what everyone else has said....thanks for sharing your wedding and honeymoon with us :) its was a lovely read and im looking forward to your next report

Thank You
Thank you
Thank You

:banana: :banana: This has been one of the best trip reports ever :banana: :banana:

Thanks you so much for sharing this with us. It has given us the idea of renewing our vows for one of our wedding anniversaries in the future at Disney.:love:

I have to ask the question that I think many of us reading are wanting to ask though. How much did this all cost??? Just the wedding bits, not the presents you brought people (fantastic idea with the tours by the way) and spending money. I'll totally understand if you don't answer, but from what I've read it was worth every penny not matter how much.

Thanks again for sharing.

Thanks you so much for sharing this with us. It has given us the idea of renewing our vows for one of our wedding anniversaries in the future at Disney.:love:

I have to ask the question that I think many of us reading are wanting to ask though. How much did this all cost??? Just the wedding bits, not the presents you brought people (fantastic idea with the tours by the way) and spending money. I'll totally understand if you don't answer, but from what I've read it was worth every penny not matter how much.

Thanks again for sharing.

not a direct answer to your question, but take a look at www.disneyweddings.com and start a wishbook for an idea of what's available and cost. We're having a Disney vow renewal this Dec and plan to spend less than £6,000 but we are having a few expensive extra's like Cindy's carriage!

I would like to add my thanks to a wonderful report .I have often wondered what a disney wedding was like and this has given me a real insight .I was unable to see the magic kingdom photos do not know why.
My daughter will soon be 18 and we always tell her she has to find a disney lover for we want a disney wedding LOL. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
But we could always renew our vows and have our own disney wedding :goodvibes

Just finished reading and wanted to add my thanks!

What a wonderful Wedding and how nice that you were able to spend time with your family (as well as time with just your DH!)

Congrats on surviving your out-laws! They sound like a bundle of fun :eek:

Thanks for a great read

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter