Laundry service on the Magic

evedein

Mouseketeer
I know there is a self-serve laundry room on the Magic, but I was wondering if there is a paid laundry service on the ship. If so what does it cost?

There is paid laundry service on all of the ships. With your laundry bag in your stateroom there is a slip to send out laundry. I know Princess Shmoo has posted the slip with prices on it in the past. I don't remember. Each item has a different price.

Last edited:
We always send items out, both on DCL and at WDW, if we need any laundry done. I'd rather not spend my time doing laundry on vacation and the prices are reasonable IMO. Maybe if I had to do an entire load I might feel differently but the odd item here and there I prefer to send out.

Prices are very reasonable. Princess Schmoo will be on later to give you a picture of the laundry prices. A quick google search will get the job done for you thou.

One thing to be aware of when sending wash (not dry cleaning) out is it will not be separated by color/type and is generally just washed in very hot water. I have more than once encountered people (on different lines) at Guest Services complaining about ruined clothing that was sent out but should have been washed in a manner that they just do not do on ships. (Delicate, cold water, etc. - for something like that you need to do it yourself.)

Just popping in to say the self-service is not a hassle at all. The DCL app texts you when your washer or dryer is ready, so you don't have to stand around waiting - the system is very well done.

Just popping in to say the self-service is not a hassle at all. The DCL app texts you when your washer or dryer is ready, so you don't have to stand around waiting - the system is very well done.

Somewhat true for me - I did laundry 3x, so 6 loads, on our EBTA. It never actually notified me at the right time. Well okay, only 4 loads were actually charged b/c the machines broke down near the end of the cruise so a bunch of us got free laundry. But anyway on each load the app notified me anywhere from 15-25 min early for both wash and dry.

I've ended up bringing my dirty Dry cleaning items on the cruise to clean and then wear for Formal night. DCL dry cleaning service is cheaper than my local dry cleaning place and my stuff comes back great. I've never used the regular laundry wash service however. I just haul huge bags of dirty clothes home!

ps: that's "Shmoo" (no "c") :flower3: Thanks
Sorry! I was trying so hard to remember how to spell it and couldn't look it up while I was in the middle of typing my post. I will remember for the future. Thanks for providing the information for the OP though.

Sorry! I was trying so hard to remember how to spell it and couldn't look it up while I was in the middle of typing my post. I will remember for the future. Thanks for providing the information for the OP though.
No problem, really. It gets misspelled once in a while. And, once in a while, I make a comment about it.

Princess Shmoom thanks for the laundry service info. Way too expensive to do a family of 5, just so we don't have to take dirty clothes home. The self-serve laundry seems like a good choice if we don't have to sit there the whole time.

Princess Shmoom thanks for the laundry service info. Way too expensive to do a family of 5, just so we don't have to take dirty clothes home. The self-serve laundry seems like a good choice if we don't have to sit there the whole time.
We've never "just sat there" when doing the self serve laundry. Even before the "laundry is ready" app feature was available.

When you start the washer, it indicates how long the cycle is. Usually 45 minutes or so. Plenty of time time to head up and get a snack/drink and be back to move to dryer (which will also tell you you how much time you have before the load is dry when you start it).

We typically put the load in the washer and then either head back to our room to get our stuff organized, or get a quick snack. Then back to move load to dryer and just go up on deck to sit for a while. Then back to get dried clothes, fold and put away.

We've never "just sat there" when doing the self serve laundry. Even before the "laundry is ready" app feature was available.

When you start the washer, it indicates how long the cycle is. Usually 45 minutes or so. Plenty of time time to head up and get a snack/drink and be back to move to dryer (which will also tell you you how much time you have before the load is dry when you start it).

We typically put the load in the washer and then either head back to our room to get our stuff organized, or get a quick snack. Then back to move load to dryer and just go up on deck to sit for a while. Then back to get dried clothes, fold and put away.
I usually go down to deck 4 and walk. I can do two miles with time to spare before the washer is done. Then I go for my snack while the dryer runs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter