Laundry room if on cash reservation

wdw4rfam

DVC Member/AP holder
Just wondering the rules. We are DVC members and are out of points, so we booked Jambo standard room for September. Are we still allowed to use the free DVC laundry? Or Is it just if you are staying on points?

I thought it was for DVC members, regardless of "how" you're staying there. The free laundry, I assumed, was paid for out of our dues, so DVC members can use it. I have a feeling that if you call MS, you might get different answers on this one, depending on whom you talk to.

I thought it was for DVC members, regardless of "how" you're staying there. The free laundry, I assumed, was paid for out of our dues, so DVC members can use it. I have a feeling that if you call MS, you might get different answers on this one, depending on whom you talk to.
It is correct that dues pay for this, which is why any individuals are only entitled when staying in a DVC Villa.. Any individual (owner, renter, cash through Disney) staying in a DVC Villa gets access to the laundry room. However, if any individual isn't staying in a DVC Villa they will have to use the for-pay laundry rooms.

I would think your MB will not open the laundry room door if you are not staying in a DVC unit as a member.

I would think your MB will not open the laundry room door if you are not staying in a DVC unit as a member.
Anyone who stays in a DVC unit will be able to open the laundry room (cash or on points, member or not a member). It's just if staying in a non-DVC unit it will not open.

The OP is not staying in a DVC unit, said a regular hotel room on cash. Laundry should not be free for this stay.

While I doubt the laundry police would shout "2319!" and haul you away, the DVC laundry rooms are really just an extension of the studio villas. So, if you're a regular hotel guest you're probably, technically supposed to use the hotel laundry.

That said, I'd be curious to see if your magicband would open the door to the villas laundry room. IMHO if it did, I'd say that means you're allowed to use it.

The DVC laundry room is for Reservations based on a DVC Membership. A cash stay through CRO probably won't qualify the OP for free laundry. I too would be interested to hear if the MB opens the DVC laundry room.

The DVC laundry room is for Reservations based on a DVC Membership. A cash stay through CRO probably won't qualify the OP for free laundry. I too would be interested to hear if the MB opens the DVC laundry room.
I would assume that the DVC laundry room is for anyone staying in a DVC studio, no matter how they booked, member or not. I don't think that one's membership status specifically entitles them to use the facilities, but rather the fact that they are staying in a studio.

I would assume that the DVC laundry room is for anyone staying in a DVC studio, no matter how they booked, member or not. I don't think that one's membership status specifically entitles them to use the facilities, but rather the fact that they are staying in a studio.
Correct DVC laundry room is for those staying in a DVC villa, regardless of how that room was booked. It isn't something tied to membership but more of an extension of the rooms (specifically studios, though any Villa can access them just that studios don't have in unit), essentially a member that stays cash in a normal hotel room can't use the laundry room because they are a member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter