Latest Waitlist success you’ve had

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by Networth, Nov 9, 2018 at 3:28 PM.

1. Networth

Networth DIS Veteran

As the topic says, what is the latest waitlist success you have had prior to check in? 4 weeks? 14 days? 7 days?

2. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

I have never had such a close call waitlist success.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. bwvBound

bwvBound DVC SSR & other timeshare

Rarely do I allow a WL to go beyond 30 days before travel ... and the few I did never matched. HOWEVER, I've been successful stalking once the WL period ended ... finding/making my own success stories up to the day before travel.

5. LilyJC

LilyJC Mouseketeer

I had October 30-31 booked in a standard Poly studio but had waitlisted Lakeview for the two nights (not individually). I was fine with it not matching after waiting a few months. 12 or 13 days before check in I saw we had Lakeview booked (I don’t think I ever received a notification)!

Our view of Hallowishes for the two nights was fantastic, and the boat horns were not nearly as obnoxious as I expected.

6. Sleepy425

Sleepy425 DIS Veteran

Sat, Sept 22 I got the email that my waitlist had matched for my Oct 25-27 Standard View !BR at BW. I was shocked because I hadn't put the waitlist in until early August, so I never thought I would actually get it.

7. Kim Gillihan

Kim Gillihan Kluvdisney

I just had one come thru for one night moving from SSR standard to Preferred to join the rest of the reservation .. I had 3 nights in preferred and one night standard..hated idea of having move so WL either all standard which I would have loved to save points or 1 night preferred and it just came thru, we leave in 5 days! for such a short trip I am so happy not to have to worry about staying packed and having to wait until 4 pm to check in 2 days in a row... its worth the points for less stress!!

I have had several WL come thru in general, this summer for poly .. did a split say BR and Poly.. super fun.. I have had wonderful luck with WL! I never get an email though... I just have keep checking...

bobbiwoz likes this.
  8. pineapplepalms

pineapplepalms Mouseketeer

I've had good luck with WL for VGC coming through pretty last minute - we drive there and book a backup on rewards points that we can cancel if needed. We've had a studio night come through as late as 9 days before, and have also booked through stalking up to a few days before.