Last-Minute Restricted Stateroom Discounts

From Mousesavers:

Last-Minute Restricted Stateroom Discounts from DCL

In January 2011, Disney will begin offering a new way to save if you are flexible about your stateroom location and willing to book "last minute," meaning 21-75 days prior to departure.

When offered, new "Restricted" room categories be offered on select sailings at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line operations. If offered, here’s what you will see online:

Inside Stateroom with Restrictions (GTY IGT)

Oceanview Stateroom with Restrictions (GTY OGT)

Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions (GTY VGT)

These categories may provide a great rate if you are flexible with your stateroom location, but as the name suggests, they are heavily restricted, with a lot of rules.

Important details you need to know:

You will not be able to select a stateroom number or make special requests as to stateroom location. The stateroom is assigned at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line within a week of cruise departure. The only guarantee will be Inside, Outside or Verandah (based on the bookable category code listed).

Applies to new bookings only. Existing reservations cannot be modified to these new categories.

Full payment is due at time of booking. Booking holds are not permitted.

Reservation is non-refundable.

Reservation and applied payment are non-transferable.

Full legal names and birthdates for all stateroom occupants are required at time of booking.

Name changes after the reservation number is confirmed will not be permitted.

Sail date, stateroom category and cruise itinerary changes are not permitted once a reservation number is confirmed.

Not combinable with any discount or promotional offers, with the exception of $25 onboard credit for bookings made online and Disney Visa benefits.

The “Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions” category allows for a maximum of four stateroom occupants.

Restrictions and booking rules are subject to change.

From Mousesavers:

Last-Minute Restricted Stateroom Discounts from DCL

In January 2011, Disney will begin offering a new way to save if you are flexible about your stateroom location and willing to book "last minute," meaning 21-75 days prior to departure.

When offered, new "Restricted" room categories be offered on select sailings at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line operations. If offered, here’s what you will see online:

These categories may provide a great rate if you are flexible with your stateroom location, but as the name suggests, they are heavily restricted, with a lot of rules.

Important details you need to know:

You will not be able to select a stateroom number or make special requests as to stateroom location. The stateroom is assigned at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line within a week of cruise departure. The only guarantee will be Inside, Outside or Verandah (based on the bookable category code listed).

Applies to new bookings only. Existing reservations cannot be modified to these new categories.

Full payment is due at time of booking. Booking holds are not permitted.

Reservation is non-refundable.

Reservation and applied payment are non-transferable.

Full legal names and birthdates for all stateroom occupants are required at time of booking.

Name changes after the reservation number is confirmed will not be permitted.

Sail date, stateroom category and cruise itinerary changes are not permitted once a reservation number is confirmed.

Not combinable with any discount or promotional offers, with the exception of $25 onboard credit for bookings made online and Disney Visa benefits.

The “Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions” category allows for a maximum of four stateroom occupants.

Restrictions and booking rules are subject to change.

Wow, interesting, I wonder what kind of discount these will offer?

Are the "restrictions" just referring to the fact you cannot choose anything other than inside, oceanview, or verandah? The info makes it almost sound like the restrictions could be anything, like you can only leave your stateroom at a certain time, etc. :laughing: Obviously that's silly, but the repetitive nature makes me wonder if there is something more they're not telling.

I wonder what kind of deal it is, too. My friends and I are hoping for a CM deal this summer after I graduate from grad school ... so I wonder if this is connected to what they release to CM's or something different. And if so, is there any difference in price. Interesting! I wonder if they have not had the bookings they expected -- good news for those of us on the poor side! :laughing:

Are the "restrictions" just referring to the fact you cannot choose anything other than inside, oceanview, or verandah? The info makes it almost sound like the restrictions could be anything, like you can only leave your stateroom at a certain time, etc. :laughing: Obviously that's silly, but the repetitive nature makes me wonder if there is something more they're not telling.

I wonder what kind of deal it is, too. My friends and I are hoping for a CM deal this summer after I graduate from grad school ... so I wonder if this is connected to what they release to CM's or something different. And if so, is there any difference in price. Interesting! I wonder if they have not had the bookings they expected -- good news for those of us on the poor side! :laughing:

I too, am sitting here waiting for a CM discount as well for an Alaskan in May...send me some pixie dust!!!!

I'm sure some of the restrictions were added as a result of families who book multiple Cat. 12 GTYs and get upset when the cabins were not together even though it was never guaranteed that they would be together.

I think the restrictions are that it is non-refundable and non-changable from the moment it is booked. This is very different than normal bookings. I don't think it reflects poor booking. I think this gives them a way to fill cabins on sailings that are coming up quickly. It does sound very similar to CM and TA bookings but I imagine the prices will be a little higher than offered to these two groups.

I think the restrictions are that it is non-refundable and non-changable from the moment it is booked. This is very different than normal bookings. I don't think it reflects poor booking. I think this gives them a way to fill cabins on sailings that are coming up quickly. It does sound very similar to CM and TA bookings but I imagine the prices will be a little higher than offered to these two groups.

And may be a good way to do discounts for CA based cruises without giving the entire (heavily populated) state a discount! :lmao: Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to see these coming up on MR cruises.

Nice idea actually! I wonder how many of us could do this though... With kids, "last minute" is not really a phrase in my life these days. Katherine

I'm all good with last minute...anyone know when and where I can find out about this?? Looking to go in May!!!

I too, am sitting here waiting for a CM discount as well for an Alaskan in May...send me some pixie dust!!!!

Same here. Been waiting since Aug, but the position hasn't opened up yet. Hopefully soon.

I'm glad Disney is starting last minute discounts. Right now, planning far in advance is not really an option. Last minute is perfect for us. I wish more lines gave big discounts like this. As long as we get a Veranda, we don't really care where it is.

I love the idea too and want more info. Anyone know how to book this, or us it available to book yet? Thanks

I love the idea too and want more info. Anyone know how to book this, or us it available to book yet? Thanks

According to post #3: The information will be on the website for the individual cruises when this is being offered.

So I guess if one were looking for the offer, you'd have to go to the site and plug in one cruise date after another to see if the "Insided with restrictions" (etc) option(s) come up.

Also, I'd guess that the travel agencies might e-mail their customer list when they notice these becoming available (or put it on their facebook/twitter pages). So if you have an agent/agency you use, you should probably alert them that you are receptive to these last minute options.

I just randomly put in the codes listed at the DCL site for some upcoming cruises and all you get is a notation in red saying that there are no cruises available or that the code entered in invalid.....so I don't it is up and running yet.

Just guessing that you would be able to enter the code to a particular sailing to see if was discounted....it may be offered like PP said...via a listing of upcoming sailings that had the discount.

MJ

I just randomly put in the codes listed at the DCL site for some upcoming cruises and all you get is a notation in red saying that there are no cruises available or that the code entered in invalid.....so I don't it is up and running yet.

Just guessing that you would be able to enter the code to a particular sailing to see if was discounted....it may be offered like PP said...via a listing of upcoming sailings that had the discount.

MJ

These codes, where do you get them and where are you plugging them? I would assume discounts, if they are going to indeed have them, won't be out for May for at least another month...but where will I look to find out??

That makes sense. I'm glad that they're starting to do this, as it's very hard for me to plan too far in advance. If the CM discount doesn't come through, perhaps in the future a deal like this will be the way I'll make it.

These codes, where do you get them and where are you plugging them? I would assume discounts, if they are going to indeed have them, won't be out for May for at least another month...but where will I look to find out??

It was a total guess but I thought that the IGT, OGT, VGT codes from below (that were posted further back in the thread) may be the codes for those fares.....sort of like FLR or KSF codes. DCL usually uses 3 letter codes for their special fares. I entered them in at the DCL website during the booking process. The below was listed in one of the previous posts that posted the information about the new program so I just thought I would try them.

Again, totally a guess on my part.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter