Las Vegas - UPDATE post 6

LindaBabe

DIS Veteran
Anyone who's visited recently remember if there are Skycaps at the airport? I'm mobility impaired and concerned about managing my luggage.

Advice, please.

Im not sure what a skycap is Linda so I cant help. You could ring an airline like South-West and pop the question?

All I know is the walk out from the plane is up hill for quite a way to get ya baggage.

Gary

Are skycaps people who take your luggage for you, I have heard the work before but don't know exactly what it means.

Some L.V. hotels allow you to check your bags for your flight
in advance at the hotel. Call your hotel to see if they participate.

Woody

We had a Skycap help us with our luggage when we arrived in Las Vegas in February. They hang around the perimeter of the baggage claim area. I didn't see them approaching people waiting for their luggage so we went over to one and asked him if he'd help us with our luggage. The best part is that they take your luggage and then lead you to a seperate area and call a cab over for you so that you don't have to wait in the regular taxi line which can be very long. Well worth the $10.00 tip we gave him.

UPDATE:
In hind sight, I'm sorry I didn't request a wheel chair in Las Vegas. It was a long long walk to baggage claim. I was unable to find a skycap or anyone at all to help me so it took me (literally) half an hour to struggle my luggage to the shuttle area, a distance of probably 100 feet. Next time, I *WILL* order a town car, even if it is only 5 minutes to the hotel, just to have someone meet me and take care of the luggage.

LindaBabe said:
UPDATE:
In hind sight, I'm sorry I didn't request a wheel chair in Las Vegas. It was a long long walk to baggage claim. I was unable to find a skycap or anyone at all to help me so it took me (literally) half an hour to struggle my luggage to the shuttle area, a distance of probably 100 feet. Next time, I *WILL* order a town car, even if it is only 5 minutes to the hotel, just to have someone meet me and take care of the luggage.
Oh, Linda, I'm so sorry. I hadn't seen your post before, so I was of no help beforehand. You DEFINITELY don't want to walk that if you can avoid it at all if you have issues walking. The gates are so far away from the main building. Arrange for assistance through your airlines. They typically can have someone at the gate and all the way through your baggage claim and taxi/shuttle stop.
Did you at least have fun in Vegas??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter