"Large" Group ADR Changes

Langley23

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or experiences with trying to book ADRs for a group after your group size changed?

What happened was there are 8 people going to WDW - 4 Adults and 4 Children ranging in age from 16-6. All the ADRs were made 90-days prior to arrival for said group of 8. Due to a change in economic conditions, a family member changed her mind and would now like to come along as well, making the new group 9 (5 Adults and 4 Children). Now with only 8 days, 9 hours as of this post (and her letting us know this) we tried adding her to our ADRs but was told they don't have availability. I know there is free dining going on which is only adding to my stress level at this point let alone getting this "new" person airline tickets and park tickets and added to Disney Transportation.

Does anyone have any suggestions/idea/experiences with:

1) Showing up and saying "oops, our group size expanded"? :rolleyes1

2) Winging it and having two people go out on their own even each night at various restaurants at whatever park we end up in, even though I cannot locate an ADR online or through phone for two even? (not my preferred method but I have heard stories via podcasts where this has "worked")

3) Other ideas? :confused3 I am ready to lose it and this is supposed to be my vacation too.

Thanks in advance!

i would definitely do the "wing it" thing and show up w/the extra and ask if they can be accommodated... the worst that can happen is the 16yos eat counter service and you give them extra fastpasses as "payment" ;)

I know Disney would do their best to accommodate us but I was not sure how they would react with a "here we are and our group grew" message. Or would we have better luck letting them know when we arrive at the park/resort for that day and give them a heads up?

Our dining itinerary looks like this:
  • Saturday - Tony's Tony Square - 8:35pm :dogdance:
  • Sunday - Captain's Grill - 6:45pm pirate:
  • Monday - Chef Mickeys - 8:15pm (this one is critical as it is going to be the 11 year olds birthday) :cake:
  • Tuesday - 50's Prime Time Cafe - 3:45pm (this one is not a concern as I can eat at bar if needed while others eat in restaurant) :drinking1
  • Wednesday - Coral Reef - 7:15pm :fish:
  • Thursday - 1900 Park Fare - 4:55pm princess:

:disrocks:

I just wanted to update this - we were able to get into all the restaurants with no issues. We presented up to 5 hours in advance, we let them know the situation and they were more then able to add the additional adult. I was quite relieved that this all worked out - however, given the way the week went, I almost wish my wife and I would have gotten separate tables but that is another issue altogether.

Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!