large age gap between cousins

nnnniiimma

Earning My Ears
My mother is more than 50 years older than her youngest cousin, which means more than half a century, and I am 18 years older than my mother's youngest cousin, which is nearly 2 decades !!!. Do you know of any similar cases in your family?

My sister and I are more than 18 yrs older than our cousins. My Mom was 17 yrs older than her sister. Her sister, my Aunt, is only 9 yrs older than me. Her and I are more like cousins and her kids are more like my nephews

There's 27 years between my oldest and youngest cousins. I'm 21 years older than my youngest cousin on one side (who happens to be my Dad's twin brother's daughter, so that's always been a little weird to me) and 18 years older than my youngest cousin on the other side.

I am 21 - 27 years younger than my 4 cousins. Nothing in between. My Dad was 7 years younger than his sister who ran off at 20 to get married and started having kids right away, and then my Dad was over 40 when I was born. So, it makes sense. I really have no relationship with my cousins and really never did. The last time I saw any of them was Grammy's funeral when I was 14, and at least 1, I am sure I never met. Would not recognize any if I saw them now. I am much closer in age than a couple of their children, but I would not know them if I saw them now either.

Our family is notorious for late in life babies. I have an aunt that is 6 years older than me so my cousins are my children’s ages. My oldest DS is 6 years younger than my youngest brother and 16 years older than my youngest DS. I also have a grandson that is 7 years younger than my youngest DS.

My first cousins were more than 20 years older than me. My mom and aunt were 10 years apart and my dad and his sister were 15 years apart. I was an only child.

I had my son at 25 years old & my brother -who is 7 years younger than me - didn't have his first until he was 40, so there's 22 years between the cousins.

My maternal great grandmother was widowed three times and had 11 children with my grandmother being the youngest. Grandmother had siblings old enough to have grandchildren when she was born. My mother married in her late 20’s thus I’ve cousins of various degrees within different generations.
Our family is close knit despite great distances so I get along with most of them.

My mother was born in 1914, my DD is her youngest grandchild, born in 2007. (That kind of spread in the female line isn't at all unusual in my family; we have great fun making doctors' jaws drop. They usually want to go for the DNA swab right after that.)

As for cousins, I'm not precisely sure, but my oldest sister was one of the first in that generation, born early in 1940, and the last cousin in my generation is in her late 20's now, so about 53 years. In my immediate family my sister's eldest was born in 1962, and again, my youngest in 2007, so that's 45 years. (We are all full siblings, btw, no one with multiple marriages.)

I was the oldest cousin on both sides. On my dad's side I only had one cousin who was born when I was a child, the rest were born when I was in my teens or later. My dad was the oldest of 8 and my youngest aunt is only 10 months older than I am so her daughter was born when I was in my early 30's. My sister in law has 2 daughters born 23 years apart, no other kids between them. The brother who is the father of the younger girl has a twin and one was a parent young(17) and the other had his daughter older (42) so those cousins have a 20 something year age gap.

Goodness! I thought we had quite the age range with there being roughly 30 years between first cousins on both sides of my family.

My mother is more than 50 years older than her youngest cousin, which means more than half a century, and I am 18 years older than my mother's youngest cousin, which is nearly 2 decades !!!. Do you know of any similar cases in your family?
yes we have lots of that in our family. My mom was the oldest, and her youngest sibling was 18 years younger than her. My Mom had her children at a very young age, and her siblings mostly had kids much later. There's about 30 years between me and my youngest cousin.
BUT, my brother's first child is 28. His youngest child (with a new wife) is 4. My brother's oldest grandson is only a few months younger than his youngest son.

There's about a 45 year spread between my oldest and youngest cousins on my mom's side. Which makes sense, because my mom's sister was 14 years older than her, and her brother was 8 years younger than her. The sister married very young and adopted several kids almost immediately, while the brother was a playboy who married late and had kids even later. I have numerous cousins, but nobody's within 10 years of me on that side, either older or younger. My cousins on my dad's side are somewhat closer to my age, but I can't stand most of them lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter