• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laptop

ddawg

Mouseketeer
If internet access were free or you HAD to pay for it (the resort fee at the Swan/Dolphin) would you bring your laptop? I don't usually bring my laptop on vacation. If you don't need it for work what would you use it for? Just curious.:confused3 :surfweb:

I take mine on longer trips (I drive, so it's easy), as much for downloading photos as anything else. I can do both video and stills, but it eats up memory pretty fast and I'd rather do a download to my own computer than have them try to put it on a CD only to find out it doesn't work when I get home.

I have dial up access as part of my home telephone package, so I can access the internet at Disney via a local phone call, and pay no fees at all.

We just stayed at BCV and I did take my laptop. It was $9.95 for 24 hours. I used it to keep in touch with my older in-laws, check flight status, my kids used it to keep their Webkinz healthy (uggggghhh). I was glad to have it. We had to re-log in every 24 hours for the service, so you wouldn't be obligated for every day you are there if you chose not to be.

I bought a Blackberry with web service so I can keep up with sports scores, especially NASCAR and baseball. Also, I check the Disboards hourly, so I would like that convenience. I can get wireless internet on the laptop with the phone. We are thinking about getting a small laptop to take with us because my dad has a side business and needs to answer emails frequently.

The only thing that keeps us dragging is the thought of security, "Do we really need one more thing to hold on to and keep on eye on in the screening line?" I used to bring my Vaio, but it is really heavy. We are thinking of getting a new one as long as the thing is 12" or less it would not be bad, but the key is finding one that is not over $2,500 lol. :lmao:

I live on my computer, so I really like to take my laptop on vacation.

We always take our because DH is the state captain for the Patriot Guard and you can never tell when he will be needed. If we are at WDW and a service comes up, he has to leave. Last summer, he didn't come until the fourth day of our stay but it all works out. No one has ever messed with the laptop.

Will always bring it, either just for our own leisure activity at night or in the morning, to do research on WDW things (menu, phone #'s, prk times etc), but mainly we use it to download pics and videos and send them to those at home every night...that has almost become one of our rituals.

We brought our laptop and didn't get the internet service. I brought it just to download my memory stick into every night. Since I took over 1400 pictures, this was a very good idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter