Lands End quality

Pembo

OH-IO
I’ve been a loyal swimsuit shopper at Lands End for years!!! Anyone else noticing a decline in quality? My swimsuits are fading after only one season. Pool season here is about 4 months and the suits I bought last summer are really faded.

Might be using their return policy but wanted to ask others opinions too

I honestly can't say. I have a lot of Lands End clothing, and it holds up so well I haven't bought anything new from them in probably 10 years.

The last time I bought a Lands End bathing suit was about 3 years ago, and it's still like new. With that said, if the quality has changed that stinks, they are my go-to for suits.

I will say, I'm not in a pool or the river/bay/ocean but a few times per year, however I am in the hot tub several times per week. For that I bought a cheapy plain one piece (so as not to mess up my nicer suit) from Target and I wear it year round....that thing is holding up great after two years!

I’ve been a loyal swimsuit shopper at Lands End for years!!! Anyone else noticing a decline in quality? My swimsuits are fading after only one season. Pool season here is about 4 months and the suits I bought last summer are really faded.

Might be using their return policy but wanted to ask others opinions too
DW has stopped buying Lands End suits for that reason. She says she's lucky if she gets 1 season out of them, usually not even that.

I'm a long time LE fan but am finding more than the normal amount of quality and/or fit issues lately. I just spent the morning resewing buttons on a coat I bought online from LE. The buttons were not in a straight line! It was about 75% off so I didn't bother sending it back. Irritating...

I buy LE rash guards when on clearance and wear with swim shorts. Some colors/patterns fade faster in chlorine than others, but they are comfy. I buy them at 60-70% off (yesterday was 70% off no minimum free shipping). Some of my swim friends swear by the tugless suits and they do seem to last a very long time. YMMV!

I'm a long time LE fan but am finding more than the normal amount of quality and/or fit issues lately. I just spent the morning resewing buttons on a coat I bought online from LE. The buttons were not in a straight line! It was about 75% off so I didn't bother sending it back. Irritating...

I buy LE rash guards when on clearance and wear with swim shorts. Some colors/patterns fade faster in chlorine than others, but they are comfy. I buy them at 60-70% off (yesterday was 70% off no minimum free shipping). Some of my swim friends swear by the tugless suits and they do seem to last a very long time. YMMV!
I've had good luck with Amazon Basics--they keep their color and shape really well.

IMO, the quality of Land’s End products has been on the decline for a long time, starting after they merged with Sears. I have a few of their swimsuits that are at least 8 or 9 years old, however I only swim a few times a year. Unfortunately, I’ve seen a similar decline in other name brand clothing that was once top notch.

I agree, not the same quality as their swimsuits used to be. Fabric thins and stretches out much faster than before and sometimes the fit is a bit off too.

We’ve shopped at LE for years. The last couple years I’ve issues with their winter coats. Zippers didn’t last a year and had to return. Started going to LL Bean for them. Too bad. I love LE.

I bought a Land's End pullover on clearance when the Sears near me was going out of business. It's one of my favorite shirts for the fall/winter time - it's lasted a couple years and plenty of washes. I do think L.L. Bean is higher quality though.

I bought a really cute casual dress from LE on final sale last year...checked all the things i like...short sleeve, knee length, scoop neck, a-line plus a little twist at the waist that gives it some style and room through hip, petite. Most of the patterns/colors were really odd but I found one I liked. I figured if I liked it I'd buy more early in the cycle before good ones were gone. Not offered this year! I wear last year's all the time. Nothing in this years catalog I like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter