Laid back planners.... where ya at?! *DESPERADOS UNITE!*

My family knows what day we are going to arrive, what day we are planning on leaving, and what resort we are staying at -- beyond that -- we just go with the flow.

I absolutely refuse to buy into the ADR madness -- i can't even plan my cravings for the next week, let alone 180 day s in advance-- and trying to do that with 4 -- just impossible.

We get the FREE QSDP and are very happy with it, and when we do want to do a TS meal, we just pop into concierge or pick up the phone and call for that days availability and make a decision.

this works very well for us, and reduces the stress to NONE.

Glad to have found this thread! We generally go to WDW each August - last full week before Labor Day - and usually have no set-in-stone plans, other than an ADR every day.

I mean, we do like to start our days early (not quite RD early, but within 1/2 hour) and wander around doing whatever looks good (hey, there's no line for Haunted Mansion, let's check it out!) or keeps us cool (hey, there's no line for Small World and we can sit in A/C for about 10 minutes, let's check it out!).

While I appreciate reading DIS and learning about all the various ins-and-outs of WDW, I usually just keep a mental list of "Interesting Stuff to Do Sometime" rather than obsessively preparing and laminating lists of "To Dos" for each park and/or day of our trip. When I read posts where someone is already trying to determine what their child will eat in July of 2013 at Be My Guest - and worrying if they will be seated late to their ADR so the rest of their touring plans will be messed up - I get a headache. :)

If anyone's interested, I'm doing a Trip Report on a semi-laid-back Orlando trip; just did our Disney day. I say semi-laid-back because it felt the most rushed while we were there and because we like to have a full "resort" day between park days (I put resort in quotes because we don't necessarily spend a resort day in the resort, but we don't usually go and do more than a couple of hours, either).

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2966813

Laid back planner here :). We like to just go where the day takes us. I don't want to have to worry about what we need to do next, stress is the last thing I want on vacation. We like to relax and really just take everything in.

Our vacation planning strategy:
1) Obviously pick dates, makes resort ressies, flight ressies and purchase park tickets.
2) Look at park hours and get a basic idea (nothing set in stone) of what parks we might want to visit on what days. We love evening EMH so we do plan for those.
3) Make ADRs, and very few at that. Being tied down to being at a certain place at a certain time is not something I enjoy. We tend to do around 3-4 ADRs for a 10 day vacation, the rest we do counter service and such.
4) Make a list of items needed for vacation/get said items well in advance (who wants to run around at the last minute? lol)
5) RELAX, watch Disney vids, listen to Disney music and get excited for upcoming trip....and of course go into countdown mode :).

While I used to considered myself a commando-style park goer, after being on these boards I've learned I'm fairly casual. I plan which parks to do on which days and I have a general idea of which attractions I'd like to hit, but otherwise I just kind of go with the flow. I find it's less stressful if I give myself some wiggle room in case things don't workout like I plan them, which they most likely won't.

I've found my Disboards home! Arrgh! Nine days until my next trip and my planning consists of resort ressies and one ADR. DH has said that he would like to do a water park on one day.

We are going to have an amazing, magical, relaxing desparado trip!

I've found my Disboards home! Arrgh! Nine days until my next trip and my planning consists of resort ressies and one ADR. DH has said that he would like to do a water park on one day.

We are going to have an amazing, magical, relaxing desparado trip!

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter