Lack of FP+ options

Cross post from the news forum

Apologies if this has been posted, but trying to finish fastpasses for August and many attractions are unavailable. This is for 74 days from today (August 8) so not likely a demand issue.

From what I can tell, it’s all meet and greets. Some surprising extras to me are the Safari, Spaceship Earth, and the Nemo ride. As someone there suggested, perhaps they’re closing the Seas pavilion due to all the touch points.

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Hollywood Studios

Animal Kingdom (plus the UP show)
That's interesting, but makes sense-- must be closing the ones that are difficult or impossible to social distance or to sanitize easily in between.

Cross post from the news forum

Apologies if this has been posted, but trying to finish fastpasses for August and many attractions are unavailable. This is for 74 days from today (August 8) so not likely a demand issue.

From what I can tell, it’s all meet and greets. Some surprising extras to me are the Safari, Spaceship Earth, and the Nemo ride. As someone there suggested, perhaps they’re closing the Seas pavilion due to all the touch points.

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Hollywood Studios

Animal Kingdom (plus the UP show)
I made my FP for our July 25 arrival this morning. I was able to reserve attractions through Aug 1 but when I try for Aug 2 it will not let me reserve anything. I really think it is an IT glitch but it is strange that August seems to be an issue.

It definitely seems like Disney is planning on not having M&Gs and theatres open in August .. or at least not allowing FPs .. in case they WANT those attractions to be closed.

So is this pointing to August as an opening (at least to "normal" vacations)? Yikes.

Those attractions still have FPs open for June, which doesn't mean anything .. as they probably aren't bothering modifying June FP availability since they will probably cancel them anyway.

Having watched FP/MDE behavior for years.... sometimes the system can act as a leading indicator of stuff going on behind the scenes... and sometimes (oftentimes, perhaps) it results in false leads. Sometimes things just simply aren't loaded for whatever reason -show times, attraction operating times, FPs, you name it.

Disney could definitely be up to something on the back end or it could just be MDE flukiness. Both seem equally probable to me based on past performance. :-)

Meets and most shows being unavailable on/around 8/1+ is certainly interesting though. More things to watch/monitor for sure.

This is pure conjecture and I'm hoping I'm wrong....but having the unavailability starting mostly Aug 1 for things we've been suspicious will not be open at first, makes me worry a great deal that they're preparing for an Aug 1 opening. I sure hope I'm wrong. I just can't come up with any other viable solution. I'd blame MDE flukiness, but those things usually right themselves and this has been this way for more than a week for most of these attractions.

This is pure conjecture and I'm hoping I'm wrong....but having the unavailability starting mostly Aug 1 for things we've been suspicious will not be open at first, makes me worry a great deal that they're preparing for an Aug 1 opening. I sure hope I'm wrong. I just can't come up with any other viable solution. I'd blame MDE flukiness, but those things usually right themselves and this has been this way for more than a week for most of these attractions.
That’s what I have been thinking too...and if that’s what’s being planned along with how long it’s been reflected that way on the Dibb, I think it would be a shame if Disney doesn’t let those of us planning to come in June/July off the hook soon.
Edited to add: I don’t buy that whole “they just don’t know when they can open” line of thought. I think they have a plan.

That’s what I have been thinking too...and if that’s what’s being planned along with how long it’s been reflected that way on the Dibb, I think it would be a shame if Disney doesn’t let those of us planning to come in June/July off the hook soon.
Edited to add: I don’t buy that whole “they just don’t know when they can open” line of thought. I think they have a plan.
I'm well on my way to not buying it anymore either. If this turns out to be true, then they knew the date.

I'm well on my way to not buying it anymore either. If this turns out to be true, then they knew the date.
I really don’t want to think that way either, which is why I am hoping we get more information beyond the rolling resort cancellations, hours changes, and reminder of “just because we are taking reservations doesn’t mean we are opening,” line really soon. Between the fastpass inconsistencies, resorts becoming unavailable, etc over the past couple of weeks it appears things are starting to line up to a plan. I just hope they let us in on it 😬

I really don’t want to think that way either, which is why I am hoping we get more information beyond the rolling resort cancellations, hours changes, and reminder of “just because we are taking reservations doesn’t mean we are opening,” line really soon. Between the fastpass inconsistencies, resorts becoming unavailable, etc over the past couple of weeks it appears things are starting to line up to a plan. I just hope they let us in on it 😬
I'm going to do my best to play Scarlett today and think about it tomorrow. 🙉🙈 Disney is going to have to actually shove it in my face that they've been that callous and money hungry for me to actually believe it.

I did mine on Thursday for a 7/20-7/31 trip, and it was the least successful I've ever been in getting FP's. I wasn't able to get FOP at 60+4, 7DMT on day 60 (which I thought would be tough), or MMRR at 60+1. I didn't think I would get all 3 of these, but I didn't think I would get 0 of them! Luckily it's a long trip, so I was able to get SDD, MFSR for later days. Never got a MMRR though.

I think the August issues are due to not fully loading the FP+. 8/1 is the 8th day of our trip and the start of a new month. The fact that I could get FOP on 8/1 but no FP available for the safari or any shows makes me think they're just not loaded. You could get FP for safari and shows in late July. Also Epcot has no FP for anything in the seas pavilion on 8/2, but everything else is available (except spaceship earth which the DME thinks will be in refurb.

Those attractions still have FPs open for June, which doesn't mean anything .. as they probably aren't bothering modifying June FP availability since they will probably cancel them anyway.
Other than spaceship earth, they all have FP open for July, too.

For those who are familiar with The Dibb fast pass availability tool, do you find it is pretty accurate as far as Fast Pass availability?

We currently have a mid-June DVC reservation. Haven’t been canceled yet but I do expect it to happen.

I was going to wait to get canceled but now I’m thinking about just pulling the trigger and trying to reschedule in July as I see some dates with decent FP+ availability. I’m just a little hesitant to do so and then find that those fast passes are not really available.

In about 15 minutes I will be releasing a lot of of fast passes for 7/1 and 7/3. Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, FOP, Kali, and Safari Ride. Also great ADR. Ohana, Storybook, Be our Guest, Chef Mickey. Cancelling ADR for 6/26-7/4. I am absolutely through with waiting for Disney.

With the announcement that we’re getting a date tomorrow, I’m even more puzzled about the lack of FP in August. I don’t believe we’d be hearing from them now if they planned to open that late.

Was just doing some messing around on MDE.

While FPs for RoL, F!, and Epcot Forever aren't available Tuesday 7/28+ on the website.... they are available to book if I search via the app for any date (I can see through 8/8). I'll let y'all figure that one out.

The other noted FP oddities Saturday 8/1+ (which includes Kilimanjaro Safaris and all FP-eligible character meets and shows except Philharmagic) are not available on any platform, so consistent results there.

Was just doing some messing around on MDE.

While FPs for RoL, F!, and Epcot Forever aren't available Tuesday 7/28+ on the website.... they are available to book if I search via the app for any date (I can see through 8/8). I'll let y'all figure that one out.

The other noted FP oddities Saturday 8/1+ (which includes Kilimanjaro Safaris and all FP-eligible character meets and shows except Philharmagic) are not available on any platform, so consistent results there.
It’s time to play another round of the DIS’ favorite game show: “Operational Change” or “Disney IT!”

I still think it could be simply an issue of scheduling. None of the character meets or shows have times loaded in MDE 8/1 either. For a company that has furloughed 100,000 people (I think that's the number, sorry if I'm off) I'm still just a tiny bit suspicious a team is sitting there behind the scenes pulling levers and buttons when it comes to the park calendar and FPs. I personally think that's why we haven't seen the full park calendar continue on 11/1 as it should have... at some point whatever was entered just runs out.

Seems we'll know for sure shortly though, I of course could be WAY off. :-)

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter