• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

KTTW Card ?? for kids

kajohn

DIS Veteran
If my kids, 5, 7, and 9 don't have charging privleges, do they have to carry their card around with them, or just when leaving the ship?

Do they need them to check into the kids clubs?

I assume they have their names on them, but do they have a code on them that tells someone in the know what room they are for?

I'm afraid my kids will not keep track of them, they have never had anything like it to keep track of before, and I don't want to worry they will lose it, and someone will use it to get into our room.

Punch a hole in the card (not on the magnetic strip), put it on a lanyard, and have them wear it around theire neck with the card tucked under their shirt.

The definitely need the card to get on/off the ship - I don't remember on the kids clubs, maybe someone else can help here.

The room number isn't printed on the card, so if someone finds the card there's no way for them to know which room. The room number is encoded on the magnetic strip though - for example, when you make a purchase, you'll frequently be asked what your room number is - this is so they can verify with the number that the card says, to make sure you are the person supposed to be using the card.

I do NOT let my daughter carry around her KTTW card as she does not have charging privileges or sign-out privileges in the Lab.

The only time you need them is to go on and off the ship, and I just carry my daughter's in my lanyard. The kids absolutely do not need to carry them around, unless you give the 9-year-old the privilege to leave the Lab and have charging privileges and/or want to let him/her get into your room on his/her own.

I didn't think there was any reason to carry it around, but I wanted to make sure. I'm not planning on giving the 9 year old signing out privleges, at least not at first. If later in the week I think he can handle it I may (he's almost 10), and then yes I would make sure he had it so he could get into the cabin.

My kids will think it is cool enough that the KTTW cards have their name on it and they need it to get on and off the ship!!

I let mine carry his in a lanyard he bought. This was his vacation as well and he was the big cheese that week. When he got sick of carrying it, I kept it in my waterproof case. Did anyone feel the extra rocking when he and I (34 yr old!) ran to the cabin racing to open the door first? Those are happy memories for me and I still laugh about it.

Kim ºOº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter