Kona Cafe for Breakfast - Tonga Toast vs Pineapple Macademia Pancakes?

The tonga toast is out of this world, DH orders it every time we go..I sneak in a few bites. It has never been greasy or mushy...perfect every time.

I always order the eggs benedict..god they are so good. Every time I go I want to order the macadamian pancakes but change my mind at the last minute. DH says next time we will order them, tonga toast and the eggs benny...I said we will be like pigs! He said who cares we are on vacation and eat more than that at the CP breakfast!!!
Okay so now I not only do I want the tonga toast and macadamia pancakes but I have a craving for eggs benedict. :rotfl:

I LOVE the pineapple macadamia pancakes!! :love: I was going to suggest what someone else already suggested; order both and share with someone. Out of the two, I prefer the pancakes.

Here are pictures of both, including a picture of the INSIDE of Tonga Toast. lol

P1010424.JPG

P1010425.JPG

P1010426.JPG

Thanks for the pics, what great memories! I was searching the internet for the pancake recipe and found this thread.

We just ordered both on our vacation last week, and although I like that they served strawberry sauce with the Tonga toast, the macadamia nut pancakes blew me away! I've ordered the banana-stuffed French toast at Boatwrights for years, but was so glad to get the "Tonga" at Kona - we loved the atmosphere and Kona coffee press, too! - but it really is too greasy and sugary for me now.

For breakfast we also adore the grits at Olivias, and I just tried their banana bread French toast with rum sauce and coconut cream, and it was out of this world!!!

Okay so now I not only do I want the tonga toast and macadamia pancakes but I have a craving for eggs benedict. :rotfl:

I was intrigued by that poached egg over smoked pulled pork hash dish - that will be my choice with DH getting the pancakes next time - sorry, Tonga, I'm retiring you! :)

When we went, I got the macadamia nut pancakes and my DH got the tonga toast. We both agreed that mine was way better. The tonga toast was just too sweet for us-it was like fried french toast with bananas inside. We found the pancakes to be much lighter and more tasty. We did not even need any syrup, it was so flavorful.

The portions were enormous. Next time we are planning to split the pancakes and the yummy coffee :)

BOTH! The first time we went I got the macadamia nut pancakes and hubby got the tonga toast. We shared. It was so good that we went back two days later.

LOL..this was my big dilemna too! I was all set for Tonga Toast until I started reading about the pancakes. I went with the pancakes and they were really good! I tried to convince my son to get the tonga toast, but he went with an omelette instead...GRRR. Didnt see anyone else mention this, but they sell tonga toast in the foodcourt there also.

I love Tonga Toast. DH and I share it and a fruit plate on each trip. It's not greasy at all.

Plus, I hate macadamia nuts.;)

And yes, Captain Cook's has Tonga Toast also, although we've never had it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter