Kona Cafe for Breakfast - Tonga Toast vs Pineapple Macademia Pancakes?

MelanieC

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
We have a ressie at Kona Cafe for breakfast in a few weeks on our beach day. I have always wanted to go to Kona for the Tonga Toast. Then I read about the Pineapple Macademia Nut pancakes and many people saying Tonga Toast is too rich and greasy.

What are your thoughts. I'm not sure - both sound delicious, but it was the Tonga Toast that originally made me want to go.

Thanks in advance.

We have a ressie at Kona Cafe for breakfast in a few weeks on our beach day. I have always wanted to go to Kona for the Tonga Toast. Then I read about the Pineapple Macademia Nut pancakes and many people saying Tonga Toast is too rich and greasy.

What are your thoughts. I'm not sure - both sound delicious, but it was the Tonga Toast that originally made me want to go.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't been there yet (but have a ressie for December). DH is going to order the Tonga Toast and I will have the Pineapple Macadamia Pancakes. We'll get the best of both worlds, lol.

Melissa

Thanks in advance.

I've never had the Tonga Toast before (don't like bananas), but the Pineapple Macademia Nut pancakes are to die for! :cloud9:

The tonga toast is out of this world, DH orders it every time we go..I sneak in a few bites. It has never been greasy or mushy...perfect every time.

I always order the eggs benedict..god they are so good. Every time I go I want to order the macadamian pancakes but change my mind at the last minute. DH says next time we will order them, tonga toast and the eggs benny...I said we will be like pigs! He said who cares we are on vacation and eat more than that at the CP breakfast!!!

I have tried both. My favorite is the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes with macadamia nut butter.

I LOVE the pineapple macadamia pancakes!! :love: I was going to suggest what someone else already suggested; order both and share with someone. Out of the two, I prefer the pancakes.

Here are pictures of both, including a picture of the INSIDE of Tonga Toast. lol

P1010424.JPG

P1010425.JPG

P1010426.JPG

Ok I think I've just decided to add on a late breakfast at Kona Cafe during our trip next month! LOL

Thanks in advance.

I prefer the Tonga Toast.

We've ordered both and shared....the Tonga Toast won out in the head to head for us.

We don't find "The Toast" to be greasy, but it is VERY rich, and VERY sweet.....making it a bit on the "heavy" side. But man, it's SOOOOOOOO good....and considering we always get it on an MK day....we walk that "heavy" feeling away pretty quickly.

So much for being done with adr's. Now I want that toast.
Let us know which one you chose when you get back they both look yummo.

Good thread - I've been wondering the same thing for a while now.. I think i've been avoiding going to Kona just so I won't have to choose! :rotfl:

We eat breakfast at Kona Cafe at least once every trip.

Press pot of 100% Kona coffee and tonga toast is what I order every time. :)

:confused3 Is tonga toast low fat?

I thought since it was *toast*......

:lmao:

No question...TONGA TOAST...NO syrup...with a hot cup of Kona coffee...It is the BEST breakfast...you will not be hungry until waaaaay after lunch time.

Okay, I am not a breakfast person and I want them both. Since I am traveling alone I will have to order them both and see if the people at the next table want to share.:)

Thanks everyone!!

I think I have DD15 talked into splitting with me. Both look fabulous. I'll do a full 17day/16 night trip report when I get back. I have 8 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter