Knott’s

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
I’m going to Knott’s next month! Yay! Since ride wait times only show up on the app while you’re there, I’m just wondering how long the wait times usually are? And which rides should I do first? Thanks everyone!

My experiences at Knott’s are only pre Covid but for the most part, wait times at Knotts are a fraction of what they are at Disney. Even on busier days, I’ve never had trouble doing everything I wanted in a day. Most of the wait times are 10-30 mins and are only longer if a ride has just come back up after a breakdown.

I went with a friend on Tuesday. It was MUCH more crowded than I was expecting. The line to get in stretched all the way past the hotel, although it did move quickly.

The longest waits were for GhostRider and the log ride. Both hovered around 75 minutes all day. The ops for GhostRider were very, very slow. I would get there early and do that first.

Other major attractions were around half an hour. We walked right onto Xcelerator an hour after opening.

Two more notes: Montezooma's Revenge was running super slow for some reason. Like it would only go once every 10+ minutes. We skipped it.

Also, the COVID protocols were a joke. Lines packed in, hordes of teenagers without masks, none of the hand sanitizer stations had been filled, etc. Just an FYI.

I know this week it has been more crowded due to grad nights spending all day there but the summer does get busy.

Same advice as other theme parks: arrive early and get stuff done then., Knott's is very manageable and relaxed.

Shame to hear the Covid protocols weren’t up to scratch for you OCTAMW but I’ve experienced Grad nights at DL and it’s a different demographic on those days. It’s probably fair to say they can be a little unruly, maybe not as well behaved or mature as regular crowds which with Knott’s been smaller is probably more noticeable.
In any case, no grad nights to deal with in July for the OP so the crowds should be more manageable. I agree that GhostRider is often the longest wait so I always head there first thing if it’s open. It’s an older wooden coaster so while I love it, it put my wifes back out on our first trip together been so rough and jerky. She lets me ride it on my own while she has a wander around Calico Ghost Town 😁.

I went on Wednesday night (first time back in a long time, bought passes for this year). Got in around 6:00, stayed until closing at 10:00. Ride times in the app were a bit off but close. Rode the log ride first (said it was 50, turned out to be exactly 50). Bear-y Tales next (20 minute wait, doesn't show up in the app yet for some reason). Then Hang Time (30 minute posted in app, turned out to be closer to 45, but I think that was because we had an unusual number of people boarding from the other side- maybe people who had passes because it had broken down earlier?). Closed the night with Ghostrider (which is AMAZING at night!), posted wait time 75 turned out to be more like 55).

If you're going to ride Silver Bullet (and you should) I would absolutely do that first. We didn't even try to ride, but wait time was posted as 85. Looked like it might have been one train ops and only filling every other row. If you can knock that out first then yes, you should do Ghostrider next (or maybe Xcelerator).

Edit: if capacity restrictions end on Tuesday (fingers crossed!) then never mind what I said about Silver Bullet. During "normal" times it's busy but not as bad as Ghostrider. So if they're still limiting capacity I would do Silver Bullet first, but if ride capacity is increased then I would agree that Ghostrider should be your first stop.

Has anyone been to Knotts recently? We may go Friday. We have little kids so we won’t be doing any of the thrill rides. This is feedback from a neighbor. Has anyone experienced this at Knotts this summer?

Went to Knott's and Universal a few weeks ago - lines were pretty bad for everything, but the worst was trying to get food at Knott's. It was completely ridiculous - hour or more wait, even for the street vendors. The restaurants were multiple hours wait. (PS food was awful.) I'd say Universal had a much better grasp on moving people and the wait times were better for the bigger rides (Harry Potter, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter