King Charles has cancer

The head of state, The King of England has been diagnosed with cancer and has started treatment, yet the main focus of this thread is yet another tear down of his son. just wow, :sad2:
He is not our head of state and we are discussing the family as a whole. It’s the community board, threads evolve and Harry is part of this week’s new so he’s mentioned. Wow.

I wonder if the King enjoys corned beef?
Probably not. I read that Charles only eats breakfast and dinner and as clean as possible. So my guess is... no corned beef.

Why do rich people get to cut down that absolutely horrid and horrible time that pretty much amount to mental anguish and torture for many people and the people that love them as well?
Because they are rich.
That is how it always has been and always will be. Those with money have power and that opens doors that are closed for others.

He's not her Head of State either - how many times have we heard her say (in her pre-banned version) that "Ireland is not part of the UK" (mainly to people who clearly knew that, based on their posting). So, kinda weird.
@Bad Pink Tink 2.0 said ‘the Head of State’, rather than ‘her Head of State’. Given that there was a whole thread recently questioning whether Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland were countries, I suggest that not everyone is as knowledgeable as you about the Republic of Ireland, the U.K. and the Commonwealth. Then add the EU into the mix.
I have wrongful referred to places as being in the Republic of Ireland rather than Northern Ireland and vice versa (and I can see Ireland most days) but @Bad Pink Tink 2.0 has always politely corrected me.
Nothing weird here. 😉

@Bad Pink Tink 2.0 said ‘the Head of State’, rather than ‘her Head of State’. Given that there was a whole thread recently questioning whether Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland were countries, I suggest that not everyone is as knowledgeable as you about the Republic of Ireland, the U.K. and the Commonwealth. Then add the EU into the mix.
I have wrongful referred to places as being in the Republic of Ireland rather than Northern Ireland and vice versa (and I can see Ireland most days) but @Bad Pink Tink 2.0 has always politely corrected me.
Nothing weird here. 😉
She corrected me (twice) in threads where I wasn't using the names incorrectly. And nor was anyone else in the thread. And she did not do so politely.

So, you're more than welcome to have your opinion, but I appreciate you not trying to "correct" mine.

Only took 4-5 pages to turn into another Harry & Meghan bashing thread!

More on Charles starting treatment less than 2 weeks after diagnosis -

More than a third of patients in England had to wait more than 62 days to begin cancer treatment after being referred for urgent diagnostic tests, and more than 1 in 10 had to wait more than 104 days after an urgent referral before starting treatment, according to recent government figures shared by Cancer Research UK.
That is just ridiculous and as you add 800k people a year its only going to get worse.

Things are not great here with our healthcare system, but within a week of diagnoses you can start chemo. Getting to the point of that diagnoses might be a bit tricky though and messy. I am dealing with someone in this process right now. Of course its going to vary by state.

Beyond the costs, the biggest problem here is getting a primary care provider (PCP). For the last 12 years I really have not had one as with my Insurance Plan (Blue Cross - supposedly the best) the closest one who was not in his 70s was 90 miles away- in another state. I recently changed plans and was able to pick a local PCP. For some reason PCP availability varies by plan. That said I could not get an appointment for 9 (YES NINE) months for an annual physical and to actually meet the PCP. BYW - I live 5 minutes from a major hospital complex - so this is ridiculous.

What is worse - and this varies by state - if I did not work and pay over 20k a year for my health insurance (most of that is paid by the employer) Id have what is probably the best health plan there is. It covers everything including dental and there are almost no issues getting a PCP and almost no copays.

She corrected me (twice) in threads where I wasn't using the names incorrectly. And nor was anyone else in the thread. And she did not do so politely.

So, you're more than welcome to have your opinion, but I appreciate you not trying to "correct" mine.
My governess used to say, ‘Who is ‘she’, the cat’s mother?’ Do you know that expression? What about ‘two wrongs don’t make a right?’

Yeah, don't know the specific detail so I'd not correct you.

Ill just say that there is 800+ years of history that too many people forget, but for those that know the history and may have people directly affected by the history, even in the last 50 years, you might get a bit of a hair trigger. With the EU and other things going on, this gets even more frustrating from my point of view. What was meant to be an Economic Community has become far more. I'm sure the UK understand that. Financially it has been great for Ireland for the most part (Republic of Ireland if you want to get picky, but it's was good for the north as well so saying Ireland is probable fine... ;) ). Anyway...I'm an insomniac getting into controversial topics territory so I'll stop at that.

One last thing though, I'm sure people get annoyed when they are Scottish or Welsh and get lumped in as English or when they are referenced as being in England. The whole UK\GB thing gets confusing to people who are not even slightly familiar with it. I recall having lots of issues dealing with it as a software engineer and the ISO country codes. even when its all documented and in front of you - it gets very confusing - and trying to explain it to a manager can be frustrating. GB and GBR are the standard country codes for the United Kingdom. There is no country code for Scotland, its under GB. GB is not a country, its an Island. It should have been UK. The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are under "GB-" country code. I've has customers in Scotland call and ask why there is not country code for Scotland in our software. Since we use the ISO codes there isn't one. Pick GB and then you have the option to Pick Scotland. My head is hurting just remembering it.

Deleted as may be considered political.
Actually, I started a thread about the King in the Controversial section, but people cried, ‘No’. However, threads about the British monarchy, almost always become controversial, so maybe it would have been better suited there?

Last edited:
Yeah - would be an interesting discussion over a pint.

Here - IDK - I'll just get myself in trouble. That's why I don't join the controversial topics board.
Slightly irrelevant information, maybe useful for pub quizzes 🧐, for the purposes of the Rugby Union’s 6 nations, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are united and players from both countries make up the Irish team and can play for the Lions.

Slightly irrelevant information, maybe useful for pub quizzes 🧐, for the purposes of the Rugby Union’s 6 nations, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are united and players from both countries make up the Irish team and can play for the Lions.
And Irelands Call was created for the 1995 World Cup as a neutral National Anthem as the Irish Ruby Team that year had players from both Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.

And Irelands Call was created for the 1995 World Cup as a neutral National Anthem as the Irish Ruby Team that year had players from both Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
It is so much fun in Cardiff on international days, when Wales play Ireland. Just the best atmosphere. 🍻
I would like to do a road trip around Ireland, get the Stena Ferry over, when it starts running again, with the dogs and stay in Sligo, but the dogs would need to have rabies vaccinations.
Since the ferry has been out of service North Pembrokeshire has had a visiting humpback whale and far more sightings of common and bottlenose dolphins. Researchers don’t know whether it’s a coincidence or not.

It is so much fun in Cardiff on international days, when Wales play Ireland. Just the best atmosphere. 🍻
I would like to do a road trip around Ireland, get the Stena Ferry over, when it starts running again, with the dogs and stay in Sligo, but the dogs would need to have rabies vaccinations.
Since the ferry has been out of service North Pembrokeshire has had a visiting humpback whale and far more sightings of common and bottlenose dolphins. Researchers don’t know whether it’s a coincidence or not.
Cardiff... made me remember my time in Wales. I spent a month in Penrhyndeudraeth in the 90s. I wont go to into it, but did not enjoy it at all (sorry), but I had no idea the Village from the prisoner was there until a few years after that. One of these days I will get the ferry over to see the village. I guess Cardiff is not all that close, for some reason I thought it was.

Nothing weird here. 😉

This video might help for those (like me) who get confused about that region of the world:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter