Kinda confused....

mostyn17

DIS Veteran
Ok...i'm kinda confused about how they board at the port in LA. I heard that they give you a boarding number (I think 1-4) and when that is called, that is when you board. Is this correct? How do you know what number you will get? Does getting to the port early and getting checked in, get you the boarding # 1? I'm so used to Port Canaveral, why didn't they just stick to that way?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated! :flower:

Thanks again,

Travis

Yes you get a boarding number 1 - 12 on our cruise. I got to the port at 9:30 and got number one (we were first in line). You check in at the top of the stairs and get a number, then you go into a second area where the characters are available for pictures andface painting, coloring and music are available. In this area you can line up to check in for the kids club - two lines one for pre registered guests and one for non-pre registered guests. We got that done and then it was sit and wait until around 12 when they called #1 and we were allowed to board.
Hope that helps,
Shirley

I was on the 7/9 cruise. We arrived about 10 am or so. We got number 5, went upstairs, checked in and waited for more Diser's to arrive. Then we got in line to have our picture taken with Mickey, checked DS into club and then they were calling our number to board. We were on before 12. However, departing was another story. Since the ship didn't leave until today (Sunday) they were not in any big hurry to get us off. We had breakfast at 8:45 am and were not through customs until 11:30 or so. Hope this helps.
Lori

Boarding in LA has to be done differently since the terminal there isn't configured the same as the DCL terminal in Port Canaveral. In LA you actually embark and debark from Deck 4 instead of the atrium on Deck 3 in Port Canaveral. The changes in LA are in response to the configuration of the terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter