Ketchup on Scrambled Eggs

Not scrambled eggs but I love putting my over easy eggs on top of my hash browns and then putting ketchup on top of both and mixing them together. Drives my husband nuts since he hates condiments of all kind.

my family loves black olives and has them as appetizers at every holiday meal or party. The kids love putting them on their fingers.

My fav way to eat eggs! So good :)

No ketchup on eggs. Sometimes I put hot sauce IN scrambled eggs, but wouldn't put it on top. Salsa only if we make scrambled eggs with chorizo. I like to put shredded cheese on scrambled eggs, but nothing goes on fried eggs. Those get runny yolks to sop up with buttered toast.
My DS likes them that way and I make them for him sometimes with Frank's mixed in during cooking. No lie - the fumes make my eyes water. What am I doing wrong?
I get pretty grossed out by ketchup on eggs especially since my dh also likes to dip his jelly toast in the leftover ketchup. I rarely make eggs for breakfast because I cannot stand to be around him eating them. I've never been able to break his ketchup habit and he hates mayo so all of his deli sandwiches have ketchup too. I should've bought stock in Heinz when we married 35 years ago.
::yes:: I ended a budding relationship once because the guy did this and I'm so glad I found out before we got to the alter. (Minor exaggeration but not much.) ;)

Occasionally some hot sauce, but never ketchup for me, it is too sweet. On the other hand, I love olives and had I been at the party I would have eaten them all.
This pretty much describes my whole approach to eating — bring on the salty and spicy but leave the sweet out of it. For eggs, though, I usually stick to just salt and pepper. Even when I was a kid who put ketchup on everything, I didn’t put ketchup on eggs. The thought grosses me out a little, honestly, yet when I put an egg on a burger I use ketchup, so I realize I’m a hypocrite. And, I’m old enough to remember a time when some labels read “catsup.”

My reaction to ketchup on eggs.

tumblr_ozexaiHUMV1wzypxlo1_500.gifv

Growing up I was called ‘the ketchup kid’ - put it on pretty much everything. I’ve outgrown that mostly but if I’m having scrambled eggs - Pass the ketchup!!

My one daughter puts ketchup on everything. When she moved out I went from buying one BIG bottle a week to one smaller bottle a year. I never realized how much ketchup she used.

Younger DD once had a screen name Ketchup Queen. She put it on practically everything. And wasted SO much. She’d squeeze a giant mound of ketchup on her plate for french fries, etc. then use less than half of it. I always told her not to pour so much but she never listened.

That’s why I bought the cheap store brand ketchup in big bottles. It wasn’t a hill I was willing to die on.

Hubby grew up in Kansas, and his mother always always had a "relish tray" before any fancy meal or at any party, with pickled veggies and 2 or 3 kinds of olives on it. I didn't grow up with that, and I've never really seen it anywhere else, but in his little Kansas town it was clearly the done thing.

Yes, apparently my mom thought the haute monde society craved olives and was clearly trying to impress the crummy crowd my parents associated with.

I only prefer ketchup on my eggs when eating them with hash browns or home fries. Otherwise I prefer my eggs without. My dad loved ketchup on eggs, as does my husband.

Hubby grew up in Kansas, and his mother always always had a "relish tray" before any fancy meal or at any party, with pickled veggies and 2 or 3 kinds of olives on it. I didn't grow up with that, and I've never really seen it anywhere else, but in his little Kansas town it was clearly the done thing.

we had that at every holiday/fancy gathering growing up. Green and black olives, various kinds of pickles, and then bleu cheese balls. YUM!

I do not like ketchup on my eggs. My brother is all about ketchup on his eggs and rice and other things. My SO also. I'm not a big condiments all over my food person to begin with.

Well tomato preserves are a thing, I could see that with peanut butter and strawberry preserves...but the tomato slice seems like an outlier. Out of respect I shall not make a gagging sound. ;)
That is the way most people react when I tell them. I just smile, because I know how good it tastes together. I guess I'll pass on going into the PJ&T franchise sales. I was going to partner with that wet teddy bear guy.

I don't mind it -- I enjoy it especially if I'm out at a diner. But I don't do it at home but that's only because I avoid condiments at home.

What say ya?

I’ve always liked ketchup on scrambled eggs, but sometimes I use salsa.

Soon after my parents got married, my mother was horrified to discover my father put ketchup on his eggs. “That’s disgusting!”

One time on vacation they went to a small diner where the norm was sharing tables with others if it was busy. Two women come and sit at my parents’ table and put ketchup on their eggs.:scared1: My father must have told that story a million times.

Then there’s the olive story. At their first dinner party, my mother insisted on serving olives (among other things) as an appetizer. My father said nobody was going to eat them but my mom was adamant. About 95% of the olives were leftover.

I sometimes put sliced black olives in an omelette or scrambled eggs.

Catsup. Absolutely not. A little hot sauce or salsa? Absolutely.

I hear a recent study showed that those that put Catsup on eggs get defective over the counter packaging at Walmart.

Catsup. Absolutely not. A little hot sauce or salsa? Absolutely.

I hear a recent study showed that those that put Catsup on eggs get defective over the counter packaging at Walmart.

Catsup?????!!!!

Those who spell it that way are probably also the uncivilized philistines who refrigerate the condiment.:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter