Ketchup on Scrambled Eggs

RedAngie

Sea Level Lady
What say ya?

I’ve always liked ketchup on scrambled eggs, but sometimes I use salsa.

Soon after my parents got married, my mother was horrified to discover my father put ketchup on his eggs. “That’s disgusting!”

One time on vacation they went to a small diner where the norm was sharing tables with others if it was busy. Two women come and sit at my parents’ table and put ketchup on their eggs.:scared1: My father must have told that story a million times.

Then there’s the olive story. At their first dinner party, my mother insisted on serving olives (among other things) as an appetizer. My father said nobody was going to eat them but my mom was adamant. About 95% of the olives were leftover.

I sometimes put sliced black olives in an omelette or scrambled eggs.

I like salsa but sometimes I just eat them plain with a little pepper
Not against catsup on them just not huge fan of it but my kids liked them that way when they were younger

It's not my preference but I also don't think it's that weird or disgusting though. Lots of people do it.

No ketchup for me. Sometimes I will add a few dashes of hot sauce to my raw eggs before they go in the pan. And I will definitely have salsa on my eggs if having huevos rancheros ... oh, one of my favorite breakfasts!

And like @kanerf, I would have partook in the olives. My Grandma always had the "good olives" (from the Italian bakery, not the can/jar) for holidays. Oh, soooo good! My least favorite are the shriveled black ones, but I still like them! Never met an olive I didn't like.

Not scrambled eggs but I love putting my over easy eggs on top of my hash browns and then putting ketchup on top of both and mixing them together. Drives my husband nuts since he hates condiments of all kind.

my family loves black olives and has them as appetizers at every holiday meal or party. The kids love putting them on their fingers.

No ketchup on eggs. Sometimes I put hot sauce IN scrambled eggs, but wouldn't put it on top. Salsa only if we make scrambled eggs with chorizo. I like to put shredded cheese on scrambled eggs, but nothing goes on fried eggs. Those get runny yolks to sop up with buttered toast.

I don't put ketchup on scrambled eggs, no. But I learned from a friend's Italian grandmother to never use milk in scrambled eggs, only a bit of water and a drop of vinegar. It's yummy.

Ketchup on fried, scrambled or an omelet. If I have leftover taco night ingredients then the next morning I will make a Mexican omelet and use salsa instead of ketchup.

I also put ketchup on Quiche and Mac n cheese. Oh, and I like olives. My mother always put a dish of large black and a dish of large green olives on the table at Thanksgiving. They would always be eaten!

MJ

What say ya?

I’ve always liked ketchup on scrambled eggs, but sometimes I use salsa.

Soon after my parents got married, my mother was horrified to discover my father put ketchup on his eggs. “That’s disgusting!”

One time on vacation they went to a small diner where the norm was sharing tables with others if it was busy. Two women come and sit at my parents’ table and put ketchup on their eggs.:scared1: My father must have told that story a million times.

Then there’s the olive story. At their first dinner party, my mother insisted on serving olives (among other things) as an appetizer. My father said nobody was going to eat them but my mom was adamant. About 95% of the olives were leftover.

I sometimes put sliced black olives in an omelette or scrambled eggs.

Noooo lol. My sister also put ketchup on a bologna sandwich, I say no to that as well. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter