Kellogg's cereal class action checks

The avg settlement was $16 per person. Some people got more but you had to submit proof of purchase so not even remotely worth the effort. Like SteveH said only the lawyers get any real money which is this settlement was $4 mil.

No wonder there are so many class action lawsuits!

LAX

No wonder there are so many class action lawsuits!

Yes, these are BIG money makers for lawyers. Typically the people supposedly 'impacted' by whatever lawsuit it is get pennies on the dollar from any settlement. There are CONSTANT TV ads drumming up business for all sorts of lawsuits. Seems like an area where the laws should be modified to discourage this type of 'ambulance chasing'.

Honestly, who keeps their grocery store receipts from a year or two ago to prove they actually bought that cereal?

And it can really impact companies negatively financially, so then they raise the prices of their goods. So we are all paying for these nuisance suits. I understand if it was a safety issue, but the majority of these are just silly little things that harm no one, and just make lawyers richer and richer.

And it can really impact companies negatively financially, so then they raise the prices of their goods. So we are all paying for these nuisance suits. I understand if it was a safety issue, but the majority of these are just silly little things that harm no one, and just make lawyers richer and richer.

The part I don't get is how much are these lawyers getting paid on an hourly basis that would amount to millions of dollars in payout? How much work is really involved in these class action lawsuits?

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter