Keister Coaster at Luna Park Refurb Oct. 5-30

I’m wondering how much noise this will cause around the resort. We’re scheduled for 3 nights as part of a split stay in a standard room
If you're in a standard view room you shouldn't have any noise as you're on the other side of the building and/or a wing away (by the tennis courts). From our experiences, in the past when they shut the slide down for maintenance, they were mostly just repainting the wood around the slide (the coaster structure), so very little noise.

That is what I want to know. May completely cancel my trip to the Yacht if this is happens, and yes they have done it in the past.

Oh no, please don't do that. The slide refurb at the BoardWalk will have no impact on guests staying at either Yacht or Beach Club. All 3 pools will remain open at BW which includes the main Luna Park pool. Just the Keister Coaster water slide will be closed for refurb so BW guests will still be able to use the pool, just not the slide. A Disney Cast member at the TA Reservation Center informed us that guests staying at BW will NOT be allowed to use Storm Along Bay at YC/BC during the Oct 5-30th slide refurb. Since BW guests will still have access to the Luna Park pool and the 2 quiet pools at the resort, no pool hopping will be allowed. I hope this helps you in your decision to keep your reservations at the Yacht Club as planned as it will have no effect on your time at SAB. I hope you have a MAGICAL trip!

If you're in a standard view room you shouldn't have any noise as you're on the other side of the building and/or a wing away (by the tennis courts). From our experiences, in the past when they shut the slide down for maintenance, they were mostly just repainting the wood around the slide (the coaster structure), so very little noise.
We had a standard studio that was behind Leaping Libations.

In the past when the waterslide was being refurbed they let you use SAB... hopefully they'll allow that now, especially after letting BCV use Luna Park pool while SAB was closed this summer.
OOOH I was hoping the same thing.

We are staying Nov 6th till the 10th. Hoping the refurb of the slide is done by then.

Why couldn't they have had them dressed up as clowns at least.... I will wait to see it but early vibe is All Stars resort if its basically a billboard.

Also are they tearing down rethemeing the bar then as well? Based on the small picture I saw doesn't seem to jive.

WORST FEARS CONFIRMED. The new slide features the Ren and Stimpy version of Mickey and Pals. I hate it. HATE. IT.

i think it looks great minus the spelling mistake.

also, if message boards were around a long time ago, we would probably see similar comments about the many changes of mickey throughout the years. "HATE CHANGING STEAMBOAT WILLIE MICKEY TO MICKEY WITH SHOES!!!!! HATE. IT"

Add me to the hate it column. I hate the toonification of Epcot and now they’re putting in-your-face toons in the Deluxe Resorts as well.

And of all of the incarnations of Mickey, this version is the one that I like the least. @EM Lawrence expressed it perfectly. This is the Ren & Stimpy version.

I think they should of had Scary clowns chasing M&M down the slide for firing them.

Adding a picture of the final product (at least so far):

Personally, I like it better than the clown. It's kind of lazy but I always thought the wooden roller coaster style structure of the slide was cooler than the portion at the pool anyways.

Adding a picture of the final product (at least so far):
View attachment 544591

Personally, I like it better than the clown. It's kind of lazy but I always thought the wooden roller coaster style structure of the slide was cooler than the portion at the pool anyways.

Wow what a nice new façade for All Star Shows that will be opening soon.

Maybe they are adding in things but I mean All Star Music has a better cartoon aspect to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter