Keeping on Track - December W.I.S.H. Challenge

Day 3 was the best so far. When I signed up Sunday, I felt like there wasn’t enough support. Monday was not much better, so it was ALL ME. Yesterday and today have been much better with more supportive feedback from my coach.

I know how to lose weight. I have done WW and MyFitnessPal numerous times. The psychological piece is what has always been missing. I’m getting that now. So far, so good.
Thanks... I think I'll check it out as the coaching/support piece has been missing for me as well.

Today I am thankful for the way we are given the prompts/information that we need, exactly when we need it, and all we need to do is pay attention. Yesterday a gal I follow on IG posted about how she felt "satisfied" with the things she had accomplished during the day. This made me pause and think about how satisfaction is not an emotion I think about, I may feel it now and then but don't use that label as such. Example, when I posted yesterday that I felt happy I'd fixed the outdoor lights, in hind sight it was satisfaction that I felt, and feeling satisfied made me feel happy. I've put "satisfaction" on a post-it note that's now stuck to my monitor, so that I'm consciously striving for it and recognizing when I'm feeling it.

I'm also thankful that I get my hair cut at a place that only charges $35, and when I go in for just a touch-up, like I did last night, she only charges me half.

And I'm thankful for the Ally-ship workshop yesterday. It helped me to measure where I am with the self-education path I've been on this year and I can see that the progress has been good.

Last edited:
I am having a rough day again with DD. Her blood work came back normal and she is taking her medicine to stop the dizziness. I got a call from her this morning say that she was dizzy and wanted me to come get her. I fully think this is her anxiety. I had to put my foot down and tell her she was staying at school. It sounded like she started to cry and kept telling me that she can't stay at school. I feel like I was really harsh on her but I know I wasn't she can't just miss school. I have emailed her one teacher, who will let the others know, to let her know what is going on. I couldn't stop the tears at work today. Thankfully we have huddle room that are somewhat private. I have a call into her councilor to get her in as soon as possible. We were taking a break because she was doing good and because her councilor will be out because she just found out that she has breast cancer. So she won't see her normal one but one that she has seen before when hers was on maternity leave last year. I feel very helpless. I talked to DH for a bit and we decided that we are going to cut phone/internet/TV to there rooms at about 6 and can have there TV back at 9 when it is bed time. (we all sleep with the tv on). During this time we will focus on homework, playing games, watching a movie or maybe even going to the rec to get some activity. So basically family time. I am trying to do what i can to help her but there isn't too much I can do which sucks.

Hopefully next week will be much better. I am trying to not eat bad but it has been hard. I eat horribly when I am upset so I am really trying to keep it under control. I haven't been able to work out this week because I am making up time from leaving early on Tuesday and we have been busy in the afternoon.

I am having a rough day again with DD. Her blood work came back normal and she is taking her medicine to stop the dizziness. I got a call from her this morning say that she was dizzy and wanted me to come get her. I fully think this is her anxiety. I had to put my foot down and tell her she was staying at school. It sounded like she started to cry and kept telling me that she can't stay at school. I feel like I was really harsh on her but I know I wasn't she can't just miss school. I have emailed her one teacher, who will let the others know, to let her know what is going on. I couldn't stop the tears at work today. Thankfully we have huddle room that are somewhat private. I have a call into her councilor to get her in as soon as possible. We were taking a break because she was doing good and because her councilor will be out because she just found out that she has breast cancer. So she won't see her normal one but one that she has seen before when hers was on maternity leave last year. I feel very helpless. I talked to DH for a bit and we decided that we are going to cut phone/internet/TV to there rooms at about 6 and can have there TV back at 9 when it is bed time. (we all sleep with the tv on). During this time we will focus on homework, playing games, watching a movie or maybe even going to the rec to get some activity. So basically family time. I am trying to do what i can to help her but there isn't too much I can do which sucks.

Hopefully next week will be much better. I am trying to not eat bad but it has been hard. I eat horribly when I am upset so I am really trying to keep it under control. I haven't been able to work out this week because I am making up time from leaving early on Tuesday and we have been busy in the afternoon.
Oh @piglet1979 I'm so sorry to hear you and your daughter are going thru this and for the stress it causes. Sending hugs and hopes that the counselor can help to unravel it.

Oh piglet1979, so sorry that you and your daughter are so stressed out. Talking to a counselor sounds like a very good idea. As someone that worked in a HS for many years I can reassure you we had many wonderful people that are trained to deal with this exact situation. By telling her that you want her to remain at school you are telling her that you have confidence in her coping skills. That’s a good thing!

((Hugs to both of you))

I’m thankful for the people in my life...family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
I’m thankful my daughter wanted to go see Frozen 2 with me (as she tends to dislike Disney I think because I like it and she is a teenager who has to dislike anything mom likes).

Well, part of one of the new strings of light that I just put put to replace one of the strings that went bad, is now partly out. So three strings of lights are now going back to the hardware store. Grrrr...

Pedicure yesterday was lovely, I now have festive red toes nails with some snowy looking sparkles. On the way home I really needed to stop at the grocery store but I just didn't want to have to get out of the car, so I drove thru McDonald's for the first time in like 5 months. This morning my blood sugar number was thru the roof, so lesson learned.

I'm both looking forward to the memorial this weekend and not looking forward to it. I was debating taking Monday off and was going to wait and see, but have just decided to do it. I don't know when my Sister will head home on Sunday, and I know I'll need some time to myself to process.

Last edited:
I was debating taking Monday off and was going to wait and see, but have just decided to do it. I don't know when my Sister will head home on Sunday, and I know I'll need some time to myself to process.

Good for you for taking the day the you will surely need!

:hug: And sorry again that you're going through all that in the first place.

Thank you everyone. She was fine last night and didn't say anything about it. Both kids were very receptive to hanging with us every afternoon and getting off of devises. So far today I have not received a call from the school or an email from her teachers so I am going with no news is good news and that she is having a better day. I do have an appointment for her to she her therapist next week and her school councilor did talk with her yesterday. She did mention to her that she does not like that when DS is sick we don't question it and he gets to stay home and she can't. 2 big differences. He is never sick. Had perfect attendance last year and when he stays home it is because he either has a fever or vomiting or diarrhea. The same goes for her. She is bring up the day last year that she went to school after vomiting. It was just heart burn and it was her choice to go to school. She called shortly after getting to school to come home and we went to get her.

This weekend I am hoping to do some Christmas shopping. I have only bought 1 gift and not anything for the kids. I am so behind. I am hoping to bring DD with me and she can help me pick out gifts for the family. It will be some good one on one time that I know she needs. We are also going to go a our favorite resturant as a family on Sunday. They are doing a brunch with Santa and some other really cool Christmas stuff. Now lets see how they act when I tell them I want a picture of them with Santa. I am sure I will get lots of eye rolls and DD will most likely try to get out of it. But is will a good family time.

Oh piglet1979, so sorry that you and your daughter are so stressed out. Talking to a counselor sounds like a very good idea. As someone that worked in a HS for many years I can reassure you we had many wonderful people that are trained to deal with this exact situation. By telling her that you want her to remain at school you are telling her that you have confidence in her coping skills. That’s a good thing!

((Hugs to both of you))

Thank you! I felt so much like a bad mom yesterday. I just want to hug her and hold her (to her this would be the worst thing ever) and make it better but I can't. I felt very mean because I was getting an attitude with her because she was giving me one and I was getting very frustrated. I know she can handle it but she needs to realize that she is having anxiety issues. This is one of her signs. She denies that she stressed or anxious with tons of attitude. We will get there. She just spiraled very quickly this time. She hasn't been this bad for about 2 year.

(as she tends to dislike Disney I think because I like it and she is a teenager who has to dislike anything mom likes).

This is my DD too. If I even mention I like an outfit even after she says she likes it it goes back on the shelve and she no thinks it is the ugliest thing ever. I have learned. Just don't ever tell her that I like something.

Saw doctor and I can’t go back to work until next Thursday. I hate missing this fun time of year with my students. At least I will have the week before vacation with them.

I managed to get Christmas cards done with one hand. Fortunately I purchased personalized cards and labels so the only writing was the address of each recipient. I only sent 30 cards this year. My writing was not nearly as neat, and I joked with my doctor that they looked like a doctor wrote them. We both laughed loudly. I’m glad he has a sense of humor.

After losing 10 pounds in 5 days, my body caught on to what is happening, and I stayed the same this morning. It was a fun ride while it lasted. Now it will be slow-going.

Sounds like we’re all getting in the holiday spirit!

I’ll share an appetizer I tried last weekend and will make for Christmas get togethers.

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

Heat oven to 425 degrees
Line a large rimmed sheet with foil

Remove stems from 24 large white mushrooms and reserve. Arrange mushrooms on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Finely chop stems and place in a large bowl. Add two links chicken or turkey sausage, casings removed and 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Mix well and pack about one tablespoon in each cap. Bake 20-25 minutes. (I found 20 minutes was enough).

Per two mushrooms-50 calories, 1gram sat fat, 1 gram sugar and 5 grams carbohydrate

Good morning and happy Monday, everyone!

As you begin your week, what is one small thing you do or that you could do that sets you up for success?

I like to leave my sneakers by the front door-when I come down in the morning it’s a little nudge to help me plan my day so I get that walk in. One thing I could do is plan a healthy lunch just like when I was working. Since I am home all day I tend to eat a late breakfast and snack for lunch. I need to plan better.

Good morning and happy Monday, everyone!

As you begin your week, what is one small thing you do or that you could do that sets you up for success?

I like to leave my sneakers by the front door-when I come down in the morning it’s a little nudge to help me plan my day so I get that walk in. One thing I could do is plan a healthy lunch just like when I was working. Since I am home all day I tend to eat a late breakfast and snack for lunch. I need to plan better.
I’m getting ready for bed (10:21pm, Sunday night) I will check in tomorrow. Have a great day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!