Keep track of your savings for your next trip.

I cook meals from scratch too. I cook meals that my 8 month baby can have aswell as us as we don't buy baby food.

I do freeze portion though for when we are to busy to cook so we are not tempted by take aways.

I think we spend about £200 a month on food. We are doing a list for next month for the 1st time and so far it is £130 but will need to get extra for the month which will probably be less than £10 a week. (fresh veg, fruit, milk, yogurt etc)

Yay, was able to put £181.58 into my savings account today. We've saved on our grocery shopping and on generally spending less. So now our ticker is up to 7.7% :banana:

Yay, was able to put £181.58 into my savings account today. We've saved on our grocery shopping and on generally spending less. So now our ticker is up to 7.7% :banana:

Hi GirlDreamer - how did you get your savings ticker to go at the right of your countdown ticker? I want to do the same but just can't work out how to do it!

I'm not even sure tbh. I tried and failed a lot before I managed it, by trying to add or remove space between them. I think I ended up with removing the link that came with the first one (countdown), but kept the link for the savings one. I'll have a look in my CP when I'm on my computer to see if I can work out how I did it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Okay, I got bored and checked it right away. I'm not quite sure how I did it, but here's the code I used (had to add some spaces in the brackets so they wouldn't show the actual image):

Code:
[ CENTER ][ img ]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/0nxvoputqj883sc5.png[/img]     :cutie: [ url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wehudo1/ ][ img ]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wehudo1/savings.png[/img][/url][/CENTER]

[B]WDW CM:[/B] Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 [B]Previous trips:[/B] Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ)  [B]Next trip:[/B] Hopefully Nov. 2014

I used a smilie between the two tickers so they weren't all into each other.

Don't understand why the tickers would show as images when I use the code thingy. I thought the idea was that when you use code, it won't show an image, url etc if you want to show people how to do something...

Okay, I got bored and checked it right away. I'm not quite sure how I did it, but here's the code I used (had to add some spaces in the brackets so they wouldn't show the actual image):

Code:
[ CENTER ][ img ]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/0nxvoputqj883sc5.png[/img]     :cutie: [ url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wehudo1/ ][ img ]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wehudo1/savings.png[/img][/url][/CENTER]

[B]WDW CM:[/B] Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 [B]Previous trips:[/B] Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ)  [B]Next trip:[/B] Hopefully Nov. 2014

I used a smilie between the two tickers so they weren't all into each other.

Don't understand why the tickers would show as images when I use the code thingy. I thought the idea was that when you use code, it won't show an image, url etc if you want to show people how to do something...

Thanks - every time I try, my second ticker is underneath my first and it won't fit on the page. Grrrr. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.:confused3

Joolz- mine are beneath each other on PCs but not on my phone.

Are your two tickers both quite wide? Could be they're just the wrong size maybe. X

My savings are up to 3%. Hopefully add a little more as we have loads ending on eBay today but we're going to spend it on a new tumble dryer. Not quite as exciting as Disney but I know we'll be glad once Baby B is here.

We are up to 4%. It's not a massive amount. But we've managed to save more than our monthly target! Still got a long way to go!!

I've still got loads to add to ebay! I an just adding a few items a week.

We did something similar but had a large grid (lots of squares). Each square represented £50 saved. Our grid had a frightening amount of squares on it (around 160) but the kids loved marking them off. We did have 60 left to colour but I took some old gold to the jewellers the other day and had a shock when he gave me £1500 for it. Must have been my lucky couple of days as I then also found cheques dating from Xmas for £200 in my purse (I've has a big op, am off work so am slightly off the boil). Anyway, that meant another 34 coloured in so only 26 left!!!

In terms of percentage we are about 83.75% there but have been saving since September 2011.

:)

eBay went really well over the weekend, and when I went to order the tumble dryer yesterday it had a huge amount off it!

So managed to put a big chunk into savings so now I'm up to 6.7%! Yay!

I definitely need to join this thread and start saving! We are going in Sept which luckily is all paid for (inc spending money).

But next year we really want to go in May. My DD is due to start school in Sept 2014 so can't go then, plus its my Dads 50th at the end of April so will be great to go and do something special for his bday.

Going to takes lots of saving as its only 7months after we get back. Will need to sit down and work out a budget so we can start saving. But we have APs already and are DVC members so accommodation costs will be minimal if anything.

Should have a fair number of bits to sell though. I still have a load of my DDs baby clothes to sell and as DS gets bigger I'll have his to sell too. I'm selling on ebay/facebook so as people give me the money I'm using it to fill up the Terramundi my inlaws got me. Last one held around £600.

Laura - if you have baby girl Disney bits I may well be an interested customer!!

I just went online and paid my electricty and gas bill for the quarter. And even after that (depressinlgy large) payment went out, the account is still £234 in credit! So I think I'll withdraw £150 or so and put that in the savings too!

torsie24 said:
Laura - if you have baby girl Disney bits I may well be an interested customer!!

That is one way I need to save money! Buy less baby Disney clothes as she doesn't really need anymore! lol.

Also just swtiched energy providers - so that's £100/year saved. :)

Thanks - every time I try, my second ticker is underneath my first and it won't fit on the page. Grrrr. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.:confused3

You only get a certain amount of signature space, You 2 tickers must take it over, hence why it won't show up. Have you tried putting them next to each other? All you need to do is paste the code next to you current ticker code.

You only get a certain amount of signature space, You 2 tickers must take it over, hence why it won't show up. Have you tried putting them next to each other? All you need to do is paste the code next to you current ticker code.
The smilie in the middle is probably throwing it out too.

Take him and all spaces out so the [/img] of one if touching the

The smilie in the middle is probably throwing it out too.

Take him and all spaces out so the [/img] of one if touching the of the other.[/QUOTE]

Thanks ladies - off to try it :)

Yay, happy dance! It worked. Thank you xxx

GirlDreamer said:
We've switched energy providers as well. So now we're paying £20 less a month than we used to :thumbsup2

Ive switched supplier 3 times since i moved into my house (6 years ago). Cheapest supplier for me seems to change frequently snd last time i got £50 cashback too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter