Katie & Brian May 17, 2008 WP -IS - AAR

Whats that beef dish you ahd with the asparagus at the top of your planning session pics??

It looks so nice we have our tasting in 19 days and I like the look of that!

I had never seen your PJ until now. Congrats!! Everything looks wonderful and I LOVE your dress!!

Your invitations are beautiful and the added music will make them memorable to all your guest.:thumbsup2
Your menu has my mouth watering! All that food sounds delicious.
:cheer2:

I love your invites they look amazing! Can I ask you how much they were or how you made them? Also your menu looks amazing do you know what the breakdown was per person?

Thanks everyone for such wonderful comments!! It makes me feel good that at least someone thinks I have my self together, with all my lists I wonder sometimes.:confused: Pluswe are tring to keep a lot of the specail touches of our wedding a surprise for family and friends so it's nice to be able to tell people!

Ok a few responces before I post more pics.

The dinner cost is $110 p/p more then most menus but we felt it was way worth it!

The beef dish in the picture is a beef filet in a mushroom wine sauce it was so awesome! When i sent in my planning check list I wrote "some sort of beef, either filet or prime rib with a mushroom wine sauce" and that what the chef came up with.

The vellum cones are very easy to make for anyone wanting to cut costs.I bought a sheet of vellum in 8x11 from Michael's craft store. I sort of swirled it around to make the cone shape and use glue dots to hold it in place. Then I added pink bows to each side (not shown in picture) and teh pearls using a hot glus gun. I bought the bouquets of lilly of the valley at Joanns fabric store and just placed them inside. That's it!

Again thanks for all the well wishing I'm glad I finally found time to up-date! :woohoo:

First the groomsmen:
We totally stole this idea from my best friend whose fiance gave the same gift. We got the guys Humidor kits from Cheaphumadors.com They are based in Tampa so they took no time for us to get. Each guy gets:
-a humador
-pocket cigar holder, holds two cigars
-a brass and wood ash tray
-a gillatien cigar cutter
and ofcourse we are going to get cigars to put in them
DSC02700.jpg

DSC02702.jpg

Ok now the Bridesmaids:
First I made these awesome bags with pink mickey fabric that I found in Walmart to put all their stuff in. Then I filled the bag with a mani/pedi kit from the $1 section of Target, some pink nail polishes again Target, a picture frame from teh dollar store, and a white purse that filled with fragancees and lotions which i picked up on a yard sale.

Then a bought these cute gift bags and put all their accessories for the big day in it. Their tiara, a pink mickey bracelett I liked and their necklace and earrings which I also made. **Can you see the hidden mickeys?**

DSC02703.jpg

DSC02704.jpg

DSC02706.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

DSC02708.jpg

DSC02710.jpg

DSC02712.jpg

I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am with all the work you've done!! Was the jewelry hard to make? Its amazing!

The jewelry is super cute, I definitely wouldn't have the patiece to make it :goodvibes I have seen the gift bags in catalogs and thought they were so cute! How long ago did you get the Mickey fabric from Walmart?

The necklaces weren't hard to make at all, I saw them in a jewelry craft book and being the Disney girl that I am immeadiately saw the hidden Mickey value to them! :laughing: I could email the directions if anyone wants just PM me.

The fabric I got in Walmart I would say back in November? But I got it in NY and then when I decided I wanted to make a bag for myself to match I couldn't find it down here in FL. I had to ask my mom to get some more and ship it down to me.

We have selected our music:
Prelude/guest seating: Can you feel the love tonight
Parents /grandparetns: A dream is a wish your heart makes
officiant/groom/groomsmen: Rondeau Theme
Bridesmaids: Cinderella at the Palace
Bride: Traditional Bridal Chorus
Major Domo: Chimming of the hour
Unity Candle: All I ask of You
Recessional: When you wish upon a star
Guest exit: Disney Medley

Anybody know where I can get a recording or music to the songs your have picked out? I would love to have a couple of these songs!

I chose all these sogns from the CD they send you when you get your planning packet. They aren't full versions though just a min or so you can decide if you like it. I was told that the organist can play just about anything you'd like though. Also if your looking for Disney wedding music they do have the DFTW CD with just about every Disney love song on it.

So if anyone has read the ADH seating thread they alreay know my current situation. So feel free to skip ahead...;)

We are only 6 weeks out now and things are winding down. My parents had been going back and forth about getting the Cindy Coach for me or not. My mom wanted it, my Dad thinks its too much $. I agreed with both. I LOVE IT! but it's way expensive. So I asked my planner to call them and let them decide what they wanted to do. So she did that, but also decided to throw in that she thinks our seating at the ADH is going to be too tight. :confused3 Like where did that come from? We have 170 comming, we budgeted for 175 so back when we started planning they knew how many people it woul be. ww wanted to remove all the existing seating. If your not fiamilire with ADH it's all tables of 3 and 4. And we wanted to bring in tables for 10. So now 17 tables of ten is going to be too tight.

So she told my mother she wants to go back to the existing seating and put 4 ten tables on the dance floor. I am freaking out!:scared1: I have already made all my seating card with little glass slippers and made all my table names and cards for that. We have several families of 5, 6 and 7 how will they sit together? Plus if we go small tables do we still get the linens? And I loose all my super Cool candelabera center peices, theyd just be on the 4 main tables. And HOW do we choose the 40 people to sit on the dance floor? We did all 10's b/c we wanted everyone to feel treated equally. SO I don't know.

I emailed her a bunch of questions and she is going to call me tomorrow with hopefully some good answers.

But I did end up getting the COACH!!!!!!:banana:

So our Welcome bags are almost done. The only things I need to add is the park maps from our planner, 2 small bags of snacks , doritoes, pretzles something, and one of my bridesmaids is making mickey shaped soap. they look like the ears, shes using the ice cube trays. They will be clear pink with sparkles in them and small like cherry blossom! Other then that we're done. So here they are!

DSC02816.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

DSC02821.jpg

DSC02820.jpg

DSC02824.jpg

DSC02823.jpg

DSC02831.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

DSC02826.jpg

We included 2 bottles of water with lables that we ordered from Oriental Trading. a wedding candle we got loads of at a garage sale. Bride and groom mints, a mickey pen and a post card that is pre-stamped and addressed to us, a welcome letter, a crossword and wordsearch, a list of our favorite things to do in Disney, sort of a do not miss list, a magic Kingdom scavenger hunt brochure, and a hiddle mickey brochure, a travel ararm clock, and the coolest thing of all the mickey tote with our guests names on them!

So my FMIL wanted to get involved and help us do something. So she went online and bought a Disney brother embroidering machine. SHe has never sewed a day in her life! But it turns out that didn't matter! The machine was awesome it did all the work for you, you just change the thread colors!! So through a series of events I ended up with one too!!

She wanted to make the tote bags to add to our welcome bags. So she puts on the michey with her machine and I add all the names on mine. So Now forget about it I'm adding Disney charaters to everything!!

Here is our tote bag!

DSC02827.jpg

DSC02829.jpg

oh and I think I might add our mnames to our honeymoon regestry tote too!

DSC02830.jpg

And we made all the bridal party and close family shirts! The guys will wear them when they play golf on Fridaya dn the girls can wear them when we go to the Bibbidi-bobbidi- boutique to get out princess makeovers on friday morning! We asked the bridal party who their favorite Disney character was.

DSC02833.jpg

DSC02834.jpg

DSC02835.jpg

Here's the machine I sware anyone can use it!!!

DSC02836.jpg

Ok last post for the night, promise!

I had my first fitting last week. All she did was pin it b/c I lost over 20lbs and I'm still loosing. She didn't want to take it all in and then have to take it all in again. But she did get to do the bussle. And I loved my dress before, and she made me love it even more. The bussle she made was nothing like the one they showed me at the store. She took the whole train and made it into an insert in the back of the dress. So princess-like!

P1000135.jpg

P1000133.jpg

P1000132.jpg

P1000131.jpg

Plus my flower girls got their dresses too. They look aborable! I was thinking about giving them fairy wings. Anyone do this before?

DSC02736.jpg

DSC02737.jpg

I am going to look for that embroidery machine right now! I never knew there was such a thing! :cool1:

Your dress is lovely, and your little flower girls are beyond adorable!!

Congratulations!

The shirts look fantastic, I never knew that machine existed, how cool :cool1:

I completely understand your frustration over the tables, I'm sure you'll be able to work it out with your planner :goodvibes

The pink roses are your dresses are so unique, I really wanted some color on my dress, but wasn't able to find what I wanted.

For the flowergirls, I saw on a bridal site where they did floral wings for the little girls. Although, my MOH loves wings and says that she is going to make everyone wear wings in her wedding. Here's a picture of the floral ones that I saw online:
wings.jpg

Your welcome bags are great, I love the custom gift bags. Our guests really enjoyed having their names on canvas totes, so I'm sure your guests will love them too. We did a crossword puzzle too, I thought it was so much fun!

your embroidered stuff is amazing!!!!! excellent job :thumbsup2 your flowergirl dresses are too precious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter