Just spoke to a great CM regarding the wrist band!!

For the EMH at MK on 2-13 we got our wristbands in the Rose Garden. We took turns while waiting for Spectro. There was no one there and the CM barely glanced at the resort ID card. Also heard they were doing the wristbands right after you came through the ticket machines. We did not arrive at MK until it was about 2 hours until close, so I don't know when they started handing them out. We made it until 12:45am and it was magical!

Awesome, thanks for the responses!!

We leave tomorrow morning for Disney and will definitely do the MK EMH on the 23rd... I will post back what it's like to be in the MK that late! I'm assuming the crowds won't be too large that late at night because of all the families... I'm excited!! :goodvibes

Disney, here we come!! I hope you have a great trip too, DMRick!

mariamouse ::MinnieMo

I am glad to hear they are changing this! We were there during Mardi Gras and the lines were so bad, I didn't feel like waiting 1/2 hour in line to stay later in the park. I know people say just walk further into the park and go to another line, I did, it was just as long! Plus a ton of people are trying to get into the parks at a later time now since they are open later. Whe we waited over 1/2 hour at Epcot at 5pm just to get through the gates and security. I think since the later hours are free if you are resort guests, a lot of people are taking advantage of this. Just think about all the rooms on site at Disney. I don't think the extra hours will be a slow time to go like it used to be when you paid extra for it. My advice would be to go to another park!

Last May is when they did the initial test run of the evening EMH program. It will be interesting to see when our President Week diser's return if they expierenced this. As up to this point WDW has still been upholding the 2 hr window.

We returned from WDW a week ago Sunday. Since we stayed onsite we tried EMH mornings and evenings. When we asked where to get the bracelets for the evening EMH, a CM referred us to the EMH schedules that are available at the entrance with the foldout guide maps and the single sheet weekly programs that show all the shows, park times, etc. They have an EMH schedule for mornings and a separate one for evenings. They print this each week apparently, they have the schedule for the current week only. They are the same exact size as the weekly programs (approx 3X 9 inch) and look almost identical to the usual weekly programs. I brought our EMH schedules home with us.

Both schedules have a list of what rides are open for EMH. The evening EMH schedule also lists where in each park you can get wristbands in addition to the entrance location. The evening EMH schedule also lists what dining locations are open during EMH.

FYI-wristband locations, in addition to main entrance by park:

MK- Plaza rose Garden, Caribbean Plaza, Liberty Square Riverboat Landing, Seven Dwarfs Mine and the Timekeeper

EPCOT-Future world East and West Breezeways, International Gateway,
Mexico Bridge

MGM- ABC TV Theatre, in the courtyard by RNR

AK-It's Tough to be a Bug Fastpass location, Harambe School in Africa, Entrance to Asia,and in Dinoland USA near the Boneyard.

Hope this helps.

Bye the way, we did not wait long to get our bracelets but did not try to get them when they first start distributing two hours before closing. At MGM we got them at main entrance, around closing, no line. At MK we got them at the Plaza Rose Garden, no line. There were at least 3 or CMs, one to check ID's, one to put on the bracelets. It seemed pretty organized to me. When we were leaving EPCOT, I did see a longer line for bracelets at the entrance. It also seemed to take longer to get through the entrance at EPCOT. I noticed that the guard that checks your backpacks is stationed right where you run your tickets to get in the park, seemed at bit of a bottleneck to me.

Snappy, thanks for the information. I was wanting that. Its good to know that you can get a list of them in the entrance too. In case they change locations before we come.
In the mornings, before opening, do you go through security and then wait for the rope to drop? Or do you have to wait for opening time to even begin to go through security?

I think it depends on the park. At MK, MGM, and AK you go through security first, under a tent thing, then head to the turnstiles. They seem to have many more turnstiles at MK compared to the other parks. We always head to the far left ones, they seem to have a shorter line. We try to get to Mk about 30 min early if when staying onsite, earlier if offsite since you have to park, track the tram to the TTC, take the monorail, etc. Be sure and have your tickets handy at the TTC, there are CM's checking that you have them before you walk up to board the monorail.

At MK, we were held p at the turnstiles until opening.
Also at MK on EMH morning, the ropes were still up for Frontierland and Adventureland, you could not enter either land until regular park opening at 9 am, no rides were open early. The rides that are open are in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter