Just spoke to a great CM regarding the wrist band!!

fam4jc

DIS Veteran
Hi. I just got off the phone with a wonderful CM :flower: Bently. He said we could get our wrist bands for the evening extra magic hours any time during the day at the park! I said I heard that the lines had been long and he said they worked on that! Yippee :cool1:

I left a message for him on the compliment line; I hope he is correct :wizard:

I hope he is correct too. That's excellent. So theoretically could you get them first thing in the morning so you don't have to worry about it through the day?

Ali

That's the way he made it sound. And he was just in the parks this week! He said you could get it in the moring or wait until after you eat lunch - anytime with proof of staying on site. Sounds good to me :cool1: :cool1:

When I was at WDW a week ago, you could only get the wristbands about two hours before closing at different locations around the parks. We probably waited about 5 minutes to get the wristbands. But, one CM did say that they were trying different things seeing that it was a new program.

I wanted to second Mike's post...

We just got back (Feb. 2) and all of the literature in the rooms said wristbands are available starting 2 hours before park closing. We waited maybe 30 seconds each day we did it.

jxgriffi said:
We waited maybe 30 seconds each day we did it.

Yes but if this is the way it works in July, I can imagine waiting a lot longer than 30 seconds. I sure hope the OP is right.

Ali

If they are changing it, this will be new. We too were there a few weeks ago and this was not the case. We had no problem getting our wristband on any of the 4 nights we attended. We never encountered any lines. I'm curious, who did you call when you got a CM. Did you call the CRO line? Or did you call WDW special events? Keep in mind that alot of the CMs we talk to are not even located in Florida. I'm sure there is still alot of tweaking the system. I will curious to see how they handle the evening EMH when the parks get really crowded like over the Easter break. I'm sure there will be alot of threads letting us know.

what exactly are the wristbands for! is it for a different park having extra hours each night? and anyone can get them? tia!

I don't know how it is now but when we went last May we could only get the wirstbands two hours before closing of the park and there were many stations where you could get one at. It doesn't take long to get one because all they're doing is looking at your room pass and putting a band around your wrist and usually it's more than one CM at that location.

Disnemom...the bands are for the evening Extra Magic Hours. You have to get one to stay after park closing. Anyone who is staying on-site (at a WDW Resort) can get one and yes, it is for the park that has the extra hours on any given night.

Ali

NeverlandClub23 said:
I don't know how it is now but when we went last May we could only get the wirstbands two hours before closing of the park and there were many stations where you could get one at. It doesn't take long to get one because all they're doing is looking at your room pass and putting a band around your wrist and usually it's more than one CM at that location.

Did they have evening EMH last year or are you talking about the MK's E-nights?

Ali

DISNEMOM said:
what exactly are the wristbands for! is it for a different park having extra hours each night? and anyone can get them? tia!
If you're staying at a Disney resort one park is open later on a certain day of the week for resort guests (ex. if MK closes to the public at 9 they would be open until midnight for resort guests). To prove that you're a guest and allowed to be in the park you get a band after showing your room pass to stay in the park.

Hippychickali said:
Did they have evening EMH last year or are you talking about the MK's E-nights?

Ali
I'm pretty sure it was EMH. We had to show our room key to get a wristband. I think they were just starting out the program because they had tons of CM's walking around asking what rides you went on that night and your opinion on the park staying open later for resort guests. We also had to do this at MGM and Epcot

Maybe they were previewing evening EMH. I thought it was just officially released in January (although I know that they did try this in the past). Maybe someone who knows more than I could clarify but it's not important to the OP, so I digress. :)

Ali

We did EMH evenings this week, and could not get the wristbands earlier than 2 hours prior to park "closing" to non-resort guests.

The wait was not long, they had several CM giving wristbands at each location.

Hippychickali said:
Maybe they were previewing evening EMH. I thought it was just officially released in January (although I know that they did try this in the past). Maybe someone who knows more than I could clarify but it's not important to the OP, so I digress. :)

Ali

WDW was trying it out when we were there in May 2004. It still have the wristband from EPCOT!! I guess it was a success!!
:cool1:

Hi. Everyone. I was speaking to a CRO cm calling to check my ressie that looked wierd online (showed we owed $2200 for a 5 night paid for trip). he was in FL. He accessed the other system for me when I asked about Gorillas in AK. He was really really helpful. I can't imagine he made it all up. But maybe they were testing the "anytime" system. I don't know, but from what you are saying on this thread, the waits don't seem to be a problem at all. I've seen other threads where it was long lines to get the bands. The good news is they are definately working on it :teeth:

How far in advance have the had the EMH schedule out? And did you find it stayed the same of changed closer to the dates?

I was also wondering why they wait until the end of the day to give out the wrist bands. Whats the purpose of waiting? Cut back on waste? Maybe they could start giving them out in the hotels? Just a thought. You would still need to show ID but it would help with lines.

We just did EMH 2 days ago and they didn't start passing out the wristbands until 2 hours before.
Also, on Thurs night (at Epcot), they asked for PICTURE ID in addition to the room cards. They said they needed one picture ID that is good for the whole family. I told them I didn't have my drivers license with me and the previous nights (at other parks) for EMH we didn't need pic ID. He said they are starting this now because they have had "problems" with it. I am assuming that maybe people are handing their resort cards to other people so that those people may also get a wristband?
So be prepared for one adult from the group to have to show PICTURE ID when you get your wristband.

pw2pp said:
We just did EMH 2 days ago and they didn't start passing out the wristbands until 2 hours before.
Also, on Thurs night (at Epcot), they asked for PICTURE ID in addition to the room cards. They said they needed one picture ID that is good for the whole family. I told them I didn't have my drivers license with me and the previous nights (at other parks) for EMH we didn't need pic ID. He said they are starting this now because they have had "problems" with it. I am assuming that maybe people are handing their resort cards to other people so that those people may also get a wristband?
So be prepared for one adult from the group to have to show PICTURE ID when you get your wristband.

thanks for the heads up about the ID. We always have ID since APholders are subject to identify themselves at any time, esp when their pass doesn't want to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter