Just sayin........

Bought in April 2005 best money I ever spend 13 trips all great times no REAL problems I think some just look for things to complain about. We have never made a request for anything and always have been happy with room, location etc.Own at SSR and LOVE it trip 14 coming in first week of April .

Only have been members just over a year, so not a whole lot of DVC history. However we simply love our DVC!! We are bringing people with us on our November trip and that wouldn't have been possible with out DVC. Looking forward to all our future trips!

Never stayed on site until I bought into DVC and I have to say I'm VERY HAPPY...:thumbsup2

Don' pay any attention to the haters

We love our our DVC and have since 1999. Original purchase in the family: 1999 BWV, added on in 2000 or 2001. Added on in 2010 and again in 2011.

We have had some minor issues, always addressed.

Certainly would like to see a few improvements, but we're mostly happy.

Thank you...Thank you...and did I say Thank you for creating this post. I was beginning to think I was the only DVC member who is not happy at the moment.

I am basking in the pure positive nature of this thread....I 100% beyond a doubt LOVE my DVC and what is has been able to provide to our family since Juy 1998 when we joined. :cheer2:

We have taken so many trips to WDW, 3 trips to DL, too many to count trips to HHI, VB one time, Las Vegas, NY and Upper Michigan trips (through exchange method) and not to forget 15+ cruises we have taken with DCL. I can say loud and proud...we could have NEVER afforded those trips had we not had our beloved DVC points. To think we have been able to do all of that in 13 years is remarkable and has provided so many memories that can never be taken from us. :hug:

You know we have had a few problems with rooms or conditions of something in the room but as soon as I notified the front desk...they were taken care of immediately, same day with a smile on their face. It is those same situations we laugh about now and start off the experience to each other as...remember when this happened and we all end up laughing so hard...Good Times!!!! :lmao:

Best decision DH and I made other than getting married and having our beautiful daughter. So with DVC being our 3rd best decision....I say it ranks very high on our accomplishments in our lives together!!!! :love:

Rock on DVC...we enjoyed our DVC membership under the last leadership team and I am positively sure we will continue to be proud DVC members under the new leadership.

I am a strong believer if you look at the world with your negative...critical glasses on then that is all you will see...for me I am loving my positive...life is good glasses....:3dglasses

We've been members since 2000, and we have always been very happy dvc members. Our only ” problem” is not enough points!

We like our DVC but that does not mean we don't see room for improvement.

If you have never had a dirty room or bad experience, it would be very hard to be sure how you would feel about it if you had many such experiences.

1. People generally only post reviews etc when they are unhappy. So 100 people go to DVC. 99 are just fine and don't ever say anything. The other one ... (Well sometimes they post the same complaints OVER AND OVER AND OVER as if it's a new occurance..

2. The DIS has a high volume of "entitlement" and that I don't really get. The Disney should give us stuff to come visit view that's very common on here. When I bought Disney said I was buying a place to sleep.

:thumbsup2 Totally agree with the above sentiments (oh, and I use Flyertalk too, lol)

I'm a happy DVC owner (15 years) but human nature is that we find other people's bad experiences 'interesting' and tend to gloss over the 'magical stay' posts - I know I do ;), but, FWIW, I've never encountered a 'rude' cast member or a dirty room - and I guess I've had at least 50 check-ins during that time. I've had some stays/rooms that have been just perfect and others less so, and I'm not too keen on the refurbishments at OKW, but nothing to make me rethink my membership :goodvibes

I am an 11year owner and for the most part have had great experiences at Disney... never had an unclean room and if problem things were fixed, that said I do feel a less of Disney feeling the last 5-6 years...
IMHO as for the complaints and demands..just check the Clair wish thread...over 10 pages, is it any wonder the impression Jim Lewis had of entitled DVC members or the CM opinion of us(posted many time that it is the least favorite place to work , at the DVC resorts). For me that was a depressing thread and I sure hope Clair doesn't read it. :goodvibes

Couldn't agree more with the previous poster...it appears some folks have a full sense of entitlement...that DVC should provide them the best perks, the best price, things for free....we bought into DVC to be able to have fabulous vacations and stay in Disney or Disney quality rooms...that is what we have been given by being members.

The perks are nice, they come and they go, no big deal. Enjoy them when you have them and talk about how great they were when they are gone. But no complaining here...only happy times ahead!

Claire if you are out there...please don't read 1/2 of what is on these threads these days. Most of us love DVC and sure we will prosper under your leadership as well.

The past has been wonderful and the best is yet to come!!!:lovestruc

Great thread. :)

We bought a few years ago and have already added on. We really look at it like a pre-paid vacation. We have our own business and have been fortunate enough to have had a few good years. And when that happens, you get used to a certain standard of living. So knowing that we really don't want to go back to putting a family of four in a moderate, we bought in when we could. Ten years ago it was all about how to get to WDW and spending as little as possible. It's nice to know that when business goes down (and it always does), we can still count on a nice vacation with just the cost of the annual dues.

I totally agree. We have had so many wonderful family vacations and love the feeling of coming home when we arrive. We have had consistently courteous and helpful cast members and some who have gone above and beyond for us. DH and I agree that joining DVC was one of the best decisions we've ever made.

We have been members since 1995. Add us to the members that love DVC. We have been able to give our 3 children a honeymoon at Disney. Had a wedding proposal on Turtle Krawl. Many Grand Gatherings and memories that will last a life time. The memories are still coming as we look forward to spending Christmas with our grandkids and family at AKL in December. Priceless!! Have we had a few bumps in 16 years, yes, but to few to mention.

I am an 11year owner and for the most part have had great experiences at Disney... never had an unclean room and if problem things were fixed, that said I do feel a less of Disney feeling the last 5-6 years...
IMHO as for the complaints and demands..just check the Clair wish thread...over 10 pages, is it any wonder the impression Jim Lewis had of entitled DVC members or the CM opinion of us(posted many time that it is the least favorite place to work , at the DVC resorts). For me that was a depressing thread and I sure hope Clair doesn't read it. :goodvibes

Don't worry she, won't. ;)

Member since 92. We are enjoying our DVC today as much or more than day one. When we joined there was no DIS to contend with. OKW was DVC and there was WDW(no Animal Kingdom) and DL (only one park). and we loved it. Look at DVC now 7 DVC at WDW and growing, Grand Floridian anyone, Grand California, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Hawaii. Disneylands in Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo, Soon to be 4 DCL ships. You can see the world with DVC and that is without using RCI or Adventures by Disney.
If the next 20 years are anything like this 20 years has been, then the sky is the limit for you newer DVC members
All I can say is Enjoy your Membership and have fun:thumbsup2

Members since 93 and still lovin it!:thumbsup2 Best investment in family that we ever made.:goodvibes

We have only been members 2 years, but have enjoyed every stay so far. We still have much to explore and look forward to many happy vacation days ahead. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Great post, and I could not agree more. We also joined in 2003, after 3 trips to WDW we decided it was a place we enjoy visiting. I have friends who to this day cant believe we go almost every year, but we love it.

We have had many great vacations, and different experiences. We have done Sea World, and are saving Universal until our daughter is a little older, plus it will be nice to have a whole theme park to experience for the first time. We did Sea World last year and loved it, not sure we will go back this year, but we will go back.

First of all - we have such a great time every year. And, although people dont believe us, we do relax. We enjoy a day or two at the pool, and we dont go rushing through the parks, we just enjoy it. I cant stress that enough, Disney is relaxing for us.

We have sent my parents on an anniversary vacation, we have had friends and family come down with us and stay, along with our own vacations, DVC has been fantastic.

I am planning on a golf vacation one of these years with a few friends. Possibly a spring training trip as well - love baseball!!!

My only concern is that up to this point (we have been going to WDW since 1998 - pre daughter), we have been able to visit WDW during non-peak times of the year. Our daughter is getting to that age where taking her out of school may not be an option for us, we are thinking this could be the last year. I am not sure what we will do for an alternative, as flights are not cheap enough to do long weekend trips these days - I would consider two shorter trips, but not until/if prices change.

That is my only concern, but I am sure we will figure something out. I can only speak for my family, but DVC has been a most worth while investment/purchase, and I have no regrets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter