Just sayin........

minniqt7

DVC Owner SSR, AKV
Been a member since 2003 and am an avid disboad READER not much of a POSTER but I feel the need to say I LOVE MY DVC.. so much negativity lately here I have to say that I have been to Disney many trips since our purchase. Never had an unclean room, once in a while a not so good view, and rarely if ever a rude CM on the properties. We don't typically analyze the cost of our purchase but in terms of happiness it has brought us and the family there is no value to be placed. I still believe in the long run we will be saving$$$$ but it really truley doesn't matter. If you feel forced to go to Disney and spend $$$ then you are not using your membership correctly. We go because we WANT to and use Vero and Hilton Head and other places as alternatives. Our membership has afforded us pleasures and places we would have never been to if not for our DVC.We are just average Joe's enjoying our purchase and looking forward to many trips in the future with kids grandkids hopefully and family. I feel confident that the new leadership will correct any issues that are out there and we will flourish. Relax people and enjoy what you have been so lucky to gain--- feel positive about your purchase and HAVE FUN!!!!

THANK YOU...I am considering purchasing and so have been scouring the boards reading everything. I kept thinking maybe I was crazy for WANTING to purchase, glad to hear some are happy with the decision to do so.

:thumbsup2

Well said! I'm a new member to DVC, but not to other timeshares. We bought into DVC because we're confident it will hold better value (not just monetary value, but value of overall experience) then other resorts.

My other timeshare has suffered in the downturn, it's nowhere near spotless and you're all but guaranteed to run into missing kitchen items and/or fixtures and furniture in need of repair. It's worse at places we've traded off for (with the exception of Orange Lakes which was wonderful!) Then there's the assessments and rapidly rising dues because so many are in default .... Yep! DVC is where we're meant to be! :woohoo:

THANK YOU...I am considering purchasing and so have been scouring the boards reading everything. I kept thinking maybe I was crazy for WANTING to purchase, glad to hear some are happy with the decision to do so.

:thumbsup2

I'd say MOST are very happy. Remember that you hear mostly just from those that are displeased. While many of those are justified, some will never be happy.

I understand that DVC resorts are not as good as they were "back in the day," but neither is my house! Things age over time and DVC seems to be doing a better job then other timeshares of keeping quality up while balancing that with budget. Two years ago, I had what amounted to a 10% assessment on my other timeshare for "refurbishing" ... funny, that was supposed to be part of our annual dues, but when I read the fine print and asked hard questions, there was almost nothing left in the kitty for refurbishing because it had all been spent covering delinquint owner dues. I haven't heard any of those stories out of DVC members!

We've been DVC members for nearly 10 years. I would guess that 99.9999% of our experiences have gone without a glitch. If there has been one it was generally minor and MS has gone way out out of their way to correct it once they were made aware of the situation.

We love our DVC, too! We go to WDW b/c we love it! ANY DVC room is better than a regular hotel room to us! We have stayed at OKW, VWL and BCV (our home) and have enjoyed them all for different reasons! We have also traded out through RCI and found out that our amenities at DVC are great. Our trade to a mountain resort in VA felt like just a condo...not much to be overjoyed about.

You could say that DVC owner's don't often know what they have until they try something else. It proved to us that we really enjoy using our DVC points the way we choose, not on someone else's terms. Hope to try either Vero or HHI soon!

I think there are two reasons this board sometimes appears negative

1. People generally only post reviews etc when they are unhappy. So 100 people go to DVC. 99 are just fine and don't ever say anything. The other one ... (Well sometimes they post the same complaints OVER AND OVER AND OVER as if it's a new occurance.. And that's not restricted to the DIS. Over on Flyertalk there is a guy who had a bad stay at the JW Marriott about five years ago. EVERY time someone asks about the hotel he jumps in with this story making it sound like it was yesterday until other posters cal him on it! )

2. The DIS has a high volume of "entitlement" and that I don't really get. The Disney should give us stuff to come visit view that's very common on here. When I bought Disney said I was buying a place to sleep. So far they have lived up to that. They did not say I was getting "free dining, free tickets, discounts, special treatment etc.." So IMHO anything they do give me is extra not "deserved" and "too little" (OF course that's not limited to here, you should read flyertalk.com It is really entitlement out of control People on there honestly believe the airlines should turn down cash so that they can have 'free upgrades' or that if the hotel manager does not bow down in their presence and give them the presidentail suite over someone willing to pay they were 'mistreated')

Thank you for the positive thread! :yay:

:cloud9: I love my DVC today just as much as when I bought in 2000! :lovestruc:

A DVC owner here since 2002 and I LOVE MY DVC!:love: Thanks for starting this post. I can't even count how many nights we have spent at Disney since we bought, but I will say they have all been happy. :goodvibes

We bought in to DVC because Disney World is where we love to vacation. It was never about the perks or stuff like that. It was about having a little bit of Disney magic for ourselves. We still love our " Home Away From Home.":love:

We are very happy to be DVC members and we are always looking forward to our next stay! I have a 5 night Gals getogether in September which will include the first MNSSHP!:yay: DH comes down afterwards for more fun!:yay:

Bobbi:goodvibes

DVC since 99. Just wish we'd done it sooner! We have done just about everything with our points - lots of trips to WDW; a three week trip to California cobbled together from an Interval International week, Concierge collection in San Francisco, and Grand Californian at Disneyland; trip to Scotland through Interval International; Disney Cruises on the Magic and the Wonder (and the Member Cruise on the Dream next month, yippee!) and an Adventure by Disney to Italy. Yep, we have a lotta points, most of them purchased early on before buy-in prices rose. And we use them. Disney has definitely lived up to what we were promised when we signed up. GREAT accommodations, and good service on the exchanges. Love, love our DVC!

We are a very happy DVC family....Just came back from the World. Stayed at our Home Resort (Beach Club) :lovestruc Had a great time for 10 days. Members since 2002. Stopped at HHI on our drive home. Another great vacation! Can't wait to go through the pics and maybe do our first trip report.

We joined DVC in October 2008. We have done 3 DVC trips on our points and 1 using a DVC friend's points since then. We have always been very happy with our trips. We were just at OKW 2 weeks ago and we got plenty of "Welcome Home"'s from the CM's. WE have been fortunate to not have any mechanical or housekeeping issues with our stays, so far. We enjoy it some much that we have to keep trying to avoid addonitis!! I think the negativity about DVC stems from one bad experience, but most of the people on these boards seem to have memorable family vacations and choose to stay members because of DVC. Thanks for the "positive" thread! We love our DVC!!

:) Count me in as Number 17 in the Lover's Thread. I am sooo lucky to have DVC and a DH who loves WDW.

Us too, OP! We LOVE our DVC!!! We've never had a problem with anything and trust that if we did, and if we mentioned an issue, that it would be taken care of. The CM's are so fantastic and attentive. I can't imagine any timeshare-like business could match or beat what Disney accomplishes. It may sound cliche, but it's magic!

We're enjoying our family vacation now as I write. Unfortunately we leave tomorrow. I know that if we hadn't purchased DVC that we would never vacation like we do. It has brought so much happiness to our family.

We're very happy too. When we have had a problem it has been taken care of very quickly.

Of course I would like everything to be absolutely perfect and to be able to check in when I arrive, but all of that depends on people and people are not perfect.

I think it's when people have super high expectations, that's when they get most disappointed. Granted though, I have read legitimate problems.

Another happy DVC member here. Purchased two years ago and haven't looked back. Going for my 6th visit in 2 years next weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter