just returned from a split stay

officer tigger

DIS Veteran
We did a 10 day trip with a week at BLT and 3 days at VGF. At the BLT we had a two bedroom on the 11th floor with a lake view. Had a great location near the elevator that was closest to the skyway. The three full bathrooms is a major plus even though the one near the front door was high pressured that hurt! Only used that one once.
After the extended family left my wife and two daughters checked into the VGF. We didn't tell the girls we were staying so I was driven to the resort with the luggage while my wife took the girls to refill the mugs. Then they came over on the monorail and roamed the main lobby for a bit.
When I got there I was greeted by Alfredo and explained to him that I was trying to surprise my daughters. I told them the bags were going to be held while we toured the resort. Then we would be picked by and driven to the airport. Alfredo was great and asked where I wanted my room and just when my family arrived he pulled me aside. Handed me a map with the room number on it 1203 (1 bedroom) over looking the pool area. I told my girls we were allowed to view a room to see if we would like to stay here next time. Alfredo arranged for the bags to be taken up to the room. We were inside for about 5 minutes when we heard a knock on the door. The girls just stood there and asked if we had to leave. I answered and asked the guy to place the bags on the bed as they just stared. My wife and I yelled SURPRISE!! we are staying for three more days!! They were so excited they cried!!
Had a great time at the VGF and we will return!!

Great story! I wonder if this is the same Alfredo who was at BW then Yacht Club then GF then BLT? From Colombia? Such a great guy, if it is.

What a sweet story! Your children will remember that for years to come:)

~ DVC Ashley

Oh my gosh...what a surprise.....

....I have 3 sons and GF is too girly for them.

I am dreaming of staying there with DH in the near future.:thumbsup2

How was it?.....beautiful ...:)

Great story! I wonder if this is the same Alfredo who was at BW then Yacht Club then GF then BLT? From Colombia? Such a great guy, if it is.

Sounds like the same guy. His name tag said he was from Columbia and he worked at BLT before coming over to VGF.

Oh my gosh...what a surprise.....

....I have 3 sons and GF is too girly for them.

I am dreaming of staying there with DH in the near future.:thumbsup2

How was it?.....beautiful ...:)

I don't think I would call it girlie, but more of an upscale feel to it. Very beautiful grounds and the lobby is great. I always love hanging out in the main lobby and listening to the jazz band.
Only down side is the long walk to the café to fill up on morning coffee, and you have to be outside if it's raining.

Awesome-but now you have to do that every time. :rotfl:

I don't think I would call it girlie, but more of an upscale feel to it. Very beautiful grounds and the lobby is great. I always love hanging out in the main lobby and listening to the jazz band.
Only down side is the long walk to the café to fill up on morning coffee, and you have to be outside if it's raining.

Oh...we have been to the GF. I brought my sons for brunch when they were younger and then a few years ago to see the Gingerbread house at Christmas and they could not wait to get out of there.....too Girlie!! Believe me...I would never waste the points on them .....they like BLT, WL and Poly.

I think it a lovely resort....I was wondering how beautiful are the Villas.

Maybe this summer....I can pop over and take a look.:)

Your daughters must have been SO SURPRISED!:)

Our waitlist came through about 2 weeks ago for a studio for 2 nights this December!pixiedust

I am SO EXCITED! :thumbsup2 First trip to WDW, just husband and I..
Youngest son will be tucked away at college..
Cannot WAIT to see WDW with holiday decorations!:santa: VGF looks BEAUTIFUL!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter