Just returned--1st time on the DDP!!

ColinCodyMom

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a fantastic stay at AKL and it was our first time on the DDP. We will definitely do it again!! I didn't like having to be somewhere at a certain time but the experiences of all of the different places was wonderful. We ate at Boma for Breakfast and Dinner; the Mara; Rainforest Cafe at AK; TRex; Planet Hollywood; Tusker House Breakfast; CRT Breakfast; Chef Mickey's Dinner; Crystal Palace Dinner; 'Ohana Breakfast; Plaza Dinner; Hollywood and Vine Breakfast; and various counter service restaurants. The only places we won't return to are Boma Dinner and the Plaza. Everything else was fantastic! If you have any questions, ask away!!

How was TRex and Planet Hollywood? I am thinking of doing one of those for DD BD as have done all the other Disney Char we want to do. Thx

Both restaurants are great!! I preferred TRex because I loved the theming of the restaurant. Planet Hollywood is a bit loud and it was hard to even hear the waiter and TRex is loud when there is the meteor shower. My boys loved TRex and we will definitely be back again!!

I'm glad that you had a great time. We love being on the dining plan too because you just feel like you are surrounded by Disney 24/7, and nothing could be better than that. :goodvibes

Thanks for the quick review - glad you had a good time on your trip. Did the crowds seem like 8s to you?

What was wrong with Boma dinner vs. Boma breakfast (I ask because we did not like Boma dinner, but are thinking about Boma breakfast since people say the breakfast is mostly regular Disney breakfast buffet...was that your take on it?)

Also, The Plaza...why no return there?

Sorry you didn't like Boma and the Plaza. We LOVE Boma for dinner. I ate at the Plaza for lunch in March and my sandwich was soggy - I also missed the sweet potato chips. Sigh! But we are going back in August to the Plaza!

Is TRex on the DDP? I thought that and RFC were not. Would love to know this, I know that DS's are going to want to go to TRex. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the quick review - glad you had a good time on your trip. Did the crowds seem like 8s to you?

What was wrong with Boma dinner vs. Boma breakfast (I ask because we did not like Boma dinner, but are thinking about Boma breakfast since people say the breakfast is mostly regular Disney breakfast buffet...was that your take on it?)

Also, The Plaza...why no return there?

The crowds were definitely not 8s until yesterday. We were at Epcot before we left and the crowds definitely picked up quite a bit!! Boma for breakfast was good...traditional breakfast items with a couple different things thrown in. We didn't like Boma dinner because there wasn't enough normal selections to choose from. I had a hard time filling my plate. As for the Plaza, it was so cramped with a long wait and not much of a menu at all. Hope that helps.

No. TRex is not on the DDP. We paid out of pocket but it was worth it!!

Yes, that's what I thought, but I was hoping I was wrong. I am going to have to nix it this trip, we have enough food with FD to feed us for longer than we are staying! Thanks for the info.

You are so right, TRex is awesome, we went in December and got to sit in the Ice Age Room..very cool..

donnajz, Trex is a dinosaur themed restaurant owned by the same company as RFC. So the theming is very similar, except with dinosaurs. Even their signature dessert, "Chocolate Extinction" is very much like the "Volcano" at RFC.

Here is an article and a great picture of the restaurant. You can see the Ice Age Room in the back, it changes colors several times during your visit. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/orl-thedish0909jan09,0,4815465.column

How was CP for dinner? I've got ADR's for that in June and have been reading a lot of negative reviews on it. The major complaints were cleanliness, and being rushed. What time were your ressie's for? Did you experience any problems with these? Thanks!! :flower3:

im sorry to hear you didnt like boma for dinner .. :guilty: i LVOE boma for dinner ... the durban roasted chicken was AWESOME! but, hey, to each their own :confused3 Glad you enjoyed everything else. What does boma serve for breakfast? maybe ill try it out in sept!

glad you enjoyed ddp, we love it too. it is a shame that t-rex isn't on the plan and we will be paying to go there this trip. glad you gave it the thumbs up :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter